At700 Vs Rsl X2 Sp

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bill_yap, Sep 14, 2007.

1. bill_yap

bill_yap New Member

Many ppl are talking about the new RSL Diamond X2 racket...
    Hence i bought 1 RSL X2 SP (blue color), i've tried it out and would like share my review on this shinny racket.

1st and most important to many non-pro player~ Price

i bought my AT700 about 1/2 yr ago, before the Yonex price dropped was RM 620 + bag, grip and BG66 string (which i think can get less than RM550 now:crying:)

RSL X2 SP, i bought it last week was RM 270 with grip and RSL 0.64 string.

RSL X2 SP price = 1/2 of AT700 price....:eek:

Both racket are same weight (both 4U, 82-84g), both string 25lb...
    AT700 is abit more heavy head than X2-SP, although X2-SP is heavy head but u cannot get same smash power as AT700, i would say 20-30% less...

My 1st impression of this racket was not so good, coz my smash power was dropped,... it is a totally different racket... very very flex racket (i knew AT700 is extra stiff), i cant even kill a 1/2 court birdie as usual....:(

After a few games, i've noticed this racket is so easy to use, u can easily clear, defense, net and serve... i purposely switch back to my AT700, suddenly i have a feeling...: AT700 is so difficult to use...(of coz i m abit tired after 4 double games :D)

I like X2-SP, it makes me lazy to use other racket even AT700;) when i feel tiring... A racket with just RM270 is really worthy, infact RM270 can buy any high end yonex racket?? i personally dun think it is possible :cool:

Conclusion:
    AT700 : can do powerful smash and drive, very good to play when u r fresh, hard to defense, net and drop are good but need moretime to adapt.
    COSTLY:mad:

RSL X2-SP: average smash power and average drive, easy to drop, easy to clear, defense, net and serve, u will feel it is much more easy to use compared to AT700 especially when u tiring,
    CHEAP:cool:

2. BLAKE

BLAKE Regular Member

Hi friend, you have the same feel as what i have, I have 2pc Yonex AT700, and I bought RSL X2 SP last two weeks.

RSL X2 SP is really easy to use and good for defence, less power to smashing.

What I think is if you have enough power, AT 700 is the best, if not RSL X2 SP is more suitable for you.

3. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    The RSL X2 SP's power cannot be compared with the AT700's. Honestly, it's a mismatch. Try the Heat 7900 or 7490 instead for more offensive end.

At price point, RSL offers value for money! I can say that "durability", not just playability, is one outstanding feature of RSL rackets.