User Tag List

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Oh, I just saw this... INA's top Junior, Maria Febe, in a blurred photo of her....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Coach Fang in Djarum's Badminton Hall (in Kudus)

Coach Fang Kaixiang, one of China's 3 badminton gods in the 1960s [along with Hou jiajiang and Tang Xianhu]. In a TV show, he said Djarum's courts are the best that he has ever seen [for training courts]....

Hey, I can see Febe there... back there...
    Last edited by Krisna; 10-06-2007 at 06:03 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMGosh! Arcadia High School! The pictures make it look better than it actually is. All those crazy lines and the confinement in reality don't appear in your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..of the local badminton place which also uses a multi-sport gym...see if you guys can spot something odd or strange in these pictures..
    *sensing our Master NGP is probably smiling...................or even chuckling looking at these pics*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2 different gyms..

Quote Originally Posted by 450450 View Post
    awsome yellow lines :P the lines dosen't seem to align right along the pole! it's in a bit. the pole sits on the double lines.
    ..hehe, close, very close...Actually if you notice, the 2 outside (yellow)side-lines in each court **SHARE** the same outside (yellow)side-lines as the adjacent/next court. So, there's no space, in between each court, for people to walk thru. Imagine playing there..
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    OMGosh! Arcadia High School! The pictures make it look better than it actually is. All those crazy lines and the confinement in reality don't appear in your photos.
    ..like they often say "Pictures don't tell the whole story"....Yeah, the courts are really confined, cramped, w/crazy lines all over, awful lighting, tight space to the sides and backs. Add to that, the courts are not even standard playing size. Not even close..
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post

A 16 court facility...
    ..Krisna, I assume that's the Djarum gym in Jakarta?? Btw, do you have any interior pics of Djarum's mega-badminton-complex in Solo??..Are the pics above, the gym you often play at?? I thought you play in your office's 3-courts gym??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-06-2007 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow For those going to Beijing Olympics 2008, this is what the Badminton venue looks like

Greetings,

Just received photos of the Badminton venue at Beijing for the Olympics 2008.

Some info about the venue...

Building area of 24,383 sq m, the Gymnasium has seating capacity for 7,500. The gymnasium includes a competition hall and a warm-up hall.

A world record in suspension dome structures

The Gymnasium boasts the world's largest prestressed suspension dome ceiling 93 m in diameter. Also, the steel used in producing the structure weighs less than 1,200 tons, averaging 60 kg per sq m.

Advanced ventilation and air conditioning system

Both badminton and rhythmic gymnastics have strict requirements for wind speed during competition. Particularly for badminton, the International Badminton Federation's (IBF) standard is a constant room temperature of 26 degrees Celsius, with the wind speed no higher than 0.2 m/s. The Gymnasium can do better than that: it can match the IBF wind speed standard and also keep the room temperature constant at 25 degrees Celsius.

Underneath every other seat, there are three vents 13 cm in diameter – a total of 9,100 vents are located throughout the gymnasium.

Following the Games next August, the Gymnasium will remain an important cultural legacy of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. It will become a landmark building on the school's campus as well as for Beijing's southeastern area.

The Gymnasium will serve both the school and society: it will serve as the school's activity center, as a recreation center for the neighboring residents, and as a training base for the national badminton team.

Relevant statistics:
    Gymnasium land area: 6,6124 sq m
    Building area: 24,383 sq m
    Competition area: 1,500 sq m (approx.)
    Games-time seating: 7,508 seats(5,767 permanent; 1,741 temporary)
    Building height: Competition Hall 25.9 m; Warm-up Hall 15.5 m
    Building floors: Floors above-ground: 4; Floors below-ground: 1
    Parking spots: 243

So... For those going to Beijing Olympics 2008, this is what the Badminton venue looks like.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks for sharing the pics...

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Greetings,

Just received photos of the Badminton venue at Beijing for the Olympics 2008.
    ..some neat stuff there, chris@ccc..Although i think this post probably belongs in the Olympics 2008 sub-forum...
    *Krisna, phew, i'm finally able to see the pics from Djarum website (took me quite a while). Hmm, perhaps next time you can download the pics and then upload to BC for a quicker loading of the pics. Oh, so those are the pics of Djarum's Kudus badminton training center. The place looks great, very clean and modern looking facility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Try this thread

Quote Originally Posted by renly View Post
    actually all 5 courts painted in orange and dark blue wall, you wont have a vision problem to play there. they put some kind of rubber under the wood. its very nice.
    try this :http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=30282

If the underneath floor is uneven the carpet is also uneven. The grip is excellence.

SCANN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renly View Post
    look like just a thin carpet or matt on the floor. where can i get info about this kind of carpet or matt. anybody know
    I quoted wrongly my previous message. The site has changed to this:
    http://www.internationalbadminton.or...equipments.asp

SCANN

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Primary School Hall at Kg Salak South, KL

an old school hall. but with good lighting and very good air ventilation.....
    one will not get stuffy in there...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still remember ond of the court that i played in my parents hometown of Perak. It was a run down court with concrete flooring. The scary thing is that the court when it is not used for badminton.. is being used to place DEAD human bodies in a Coffin. The reason is that the court is in a chinese Morgue!.. and i can see the tanks of formaldehyde and those apparatus for fixing and beautifying dead bodies. Scary huh?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    an old school hall. but with good lighting and very good air ventilation.....
    one will not get stuffy in there...
    great colours too. the actual court is actually a darker shade than the actual flooring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    I still remember ond of the court that i played in my parents hometown of Perak. It was a run down court with concrete flooring. The scary thing is that the court when it is not used for badminton.. is being used to place DEAD human bodies in a Coffin. The reason is that the court is in a chinese Morgue!.. and i can see the tanks of formaldehyde and those apparatus for fixing and beautifying dead bodies. Scary huh?
    When are you going back to your parents hometown? pics, pics, pics....please. ....and, if possible, don't forget to ask permission to take pics with your 'invinsible' partner as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever View Post
    When are you going back to your parents hometown? pics, pics, pics....please. ....and, if possible, don't forget to ask permission to take pics with your 'invinsible' partner as well.
    Well.. i will take some pics when i have a chance to go back. Hopefully i will not take some weird photos.. or something that is paranormal in the photos. Maybe can catch some ghost playing badminton. That will be 1st of its kind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    woh, that is scary. how could anybody concentrate on badminton when there is death in the air. thank goodness none of the spirits joined you guys during the games you played. and thank goodness you never had to play when there is a dead body in the morgue. now that would have been very very very distracting.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    woh, that is scary. how could anybody concentrate on badminton when there is death in the air. thank goodness none of the spirits joined you guys during the games you played. and thank goodness you never had to play when there is a dead body in the morgue. now that would have been very very very distracting.
    ants can have linesman while playing.... no cheat on line call then
    Last edited by drifit; 10-18-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post ghostly gym

Hi,
    Imagine the shuttlecock dont fly in straight pattern Flew in a zig zag manner. That will mean airborne n assisted flight. Now, this is more than eerie.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow , all u guys must be great players so play in places like that. For me i play at local comunity Centres in Toronto Canada. Not as nice as your clubs and what not , but it will do =)

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast