User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Actually..

Quote Originally Posted by BG_Noclue View Post
    Wow , all u guys must be great players so play in places like that. For me i play at local comunity Centres in Toronto Canada. Not as nice as your clubs and what not , but it will do =)
    ..most of the pics of the courts, on the previous pages, are also of community centers, public gyms & even school gyms. Not all are of full-time badminton clubs/gyms, esp. like the ones on the 1st page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy sd

Well it's better then the environment i paly in , dull lights and dirty floors or dusty making it almost impossible not to slip, but all the pictures from the previous page make my gym look like a dump

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by BG_Noclue View Post
    Well it's better then the environment i paly in , dull lights and dirty floors or dusty making it almost impossible not to slip, but all the pictures from the previous page make my gym look like a dump
    ..are you looking/referring at Krisna's pics (post #118-121) and chris@ccc's pics (post #124)??....if so, the gym i usually play at will also look like a "dump" in comparison to those pics..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally, i get to post the pictures of the place where i play badminton three times a week. this is the DBI hall. it also houses squash courts and table tennis area. and on the outside there's tennis courts. but since this is the badminton court thread i only took pictures of badminton courts.

this first picture is the panoramic view of the whole badminton hall. forgive the amateur picture. i took it from the jogging route above the courts. i think the picture will do the explaination for me.

Name:  panoramic view of court.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  50.9 KB

the following are the pictures of the courts itself and the nearest court is the one my friends and me play in. happy to share this with you guys

Name:  dbi hall 6.jpg
Views: 1953
Size:  80.8 KB

Name:  dbi hall 1.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  dbi hall 2.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  dbi hall 3.jpg
Views: 1405
Size:  125.1 KB

Name:  dbi hall 4.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  120.2 KB

Name:  dbi hall 5.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  97.2 KB

Name:  dbi hall 7.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  104.2 KB
    Last edited by azabaz_ipoh; 10-26-2007 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could not delete the last picture. that picture did not belong here. sorry

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up DBI Sports Complex, Ipoh

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post

... this is the DBI hall... pictures of badminton courts.

Hi azabaz_ipoh,

This DBI@Ipoh looks like a great Sports Complex.

I must try to play there when I get a chance to visit Ipoh.

Thank you for sharing the photos.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

always a pleasure. you are welcome to come and play in ipoh. though i suspect the picture looks more promising than the actual premise. hehehehe the only problem would be the booking. some groups make advance booking for like three or six months and so sometimes there are no available court.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ah-a...

finally, i get to post the pictures of the place where i play badminton three times a week. this is the DBI hall.
    ..so this is where you play baddy, all this time, ms. azabah_ipoh...Very nice place and courts indeed, with plenty of spaces in between courts and nice lighting! Thanks for sharing..I assume, by looking at the pics, there are 16 courts total (8 on each side)?? (i guess because there's a no. 16)...Oh, and just curious, are the courts layed out over concrete flooring or wood flooring??..
    Btw, maybe i'll embarrass myself, but that's not you is it in the 2nd pic, wearing somekind of purple headscarf (kerudung)??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-27-2007 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..so this is where you play baddy, all this time, ms. azabah_ipoh...Very nice place and courts indeed, with plenty of spaces in between courts and nice lighting! Thanks for sharing..I assume, by looking at the pics, there are 16 courts total (8 on each side)?? (i guess because there's a no. 16)...Oh, and just curious, are the courts layed out over concrete flooring or wood flooring??..
    Btw, maybe i'll embarrass myself, but that's not you is it in the 2nd pic, wearing somekind of purple headscarf (kerudung)??..
    well yes, mr ctjcad . the courts are nice but i would love to try the blue courts i have seen here and i do believe that some other places posted here are way nicer than this place . plenty of space? i agree fully. nice lighting? i beg to differ. hehehehehe. because the lighting sucks sometimes. they use flourescent lights. and sometimes some of the lights are not working and the maintenance take like forever to replace them. even after repeated complains. ah well, everything has it's pros and cons. good deduction, mr watson. there are a total of 16 courts in all. the hall's floor is concrete i think. and the green rubbery thingy is glued on the floor i think. some courts have better cushion and are more comfortable. others have cracked a bit here and there. i guess they have to wait for a budget before they could re-green thingy the surface of the cracked ones. hahahaaha. a ha.....alas mr watson, you made an understandable error there. it is not me on the court because i am behind the camera. plus, i dont wear kerudung and i am bigger than the woman you mentioned. i wish there was someone else who could take some pictures of me while i'm playing so that i could see if i execute those shots properly.
    Last edited by azabaz_ipoh; 10-28-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

good deduction, mr watson. there are a total of 16 courts in all. the hall's floor is concrete i think. and the green rubbery thingy is glued on the floor i think. some courts have better cushion and are more comfortable. others have cracked a bit here and there. i guess they have to wait for a budget before they could re-green thingy the surface of the cracked ones.
    ..mr. watson??....Hmm, sorry for asking, but about the green rubbery "thingy" you mentioned, i assume those are court mats?? Or another material painted in green? Because you said they have to "re-green thingy the surface of the cracked ones".....Thanks again for sharing a bit more infos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i think it is some sort of court mat. but the thing is, they are not the size of one court. one big section might cover like 4 courts. i dont know how to explain it. i think court mats are usually one court size right? this green rubbery thingy, well it looks like they can come in whatever size you need. i think. i dont know for sure. sorry. i know, how about coming down to ipoh to experience the green rubbery thingy first hand? or maybe i could take close up pictures of where the green thingy starts and the concrete ends. hmmmmm......that's doable i think. i have badminton today. i'll try and take some more pics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm, i kinda notice..

yeah, i think it is some sort of court mat. but the thing is, they are not the size of one court. one big section might cover like 4 courts. i dont know how to explain it. i think court mats are usually one court size right?
    ..(on the previous page's pics) there are mat creases/grooves/reveal lines around court #16..and perhaps on the adjacent court(s)??.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good observation. yeah, there is a line. the mat is the size of one court. my mistake. here is the close up view of that green rubbery thingy

Name:  close up court shot.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  50.1 KB

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good observation. yeah, there is a line. the mat is the size of one court. my mistake. here is the close up view of that green rubbery thingy
    when will i get invitation to play with you at this nice hall....<= green thingy too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha you are welcomed to come down to ipoh anytime but since i am playing with a group of women, you might not get the chance to play. hehehehe. :0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

..thanks for taking a close-up pic of the court....The mat, for some reason to my eyes, looks quite thick; unlike those floor mats that are often used in BWF tourneys; i would imagine the feeling, when playing on them, is quite "cushiony"?!..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, it is pretty thick. but the middle courts, not so thick. it looks rubbery but not bouncy. i guess it is pretty cushiony, not sure since i dont jump smash a lot so seldom test it's cushiony properties. hehehehe the condition of the green thingy is not that new. it is pretty worn on some areas.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast