User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Here is our venue@CCC Badminton, Melbourne, Australia.
    Many lines, because it's a multi-purpose gym, but we are used to the lines... so, no problems at all.
    Oh man, those multi-lines at CCC remind me of the Arcadia High School gym. But CCC is much nicer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default one of Dallas' clubs

One of Dallas' badminton clubs.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow the place kwun plays at is soo nice omg! mine is just my high school's gym with 4 courts, their nice wood floors that were resurfaced just last year. if i get the chance i will take pictures, we need new net xD though are were 10+ years old

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Actually..

Quote Originally Posted by martin8768 View Post
    wow the place kwun plays at is soo nice omg! mine is just my high school's gym with 4 courts, their nice wood floors that were resurfaced just last year. if i get the chance i will take pictures, we need new net xD though are were 10+ years old
    ..and i believe most of the badminton gyms and places to play, even here in the U.S., are still using regular wood floors-ala multi-purpose gyms/halls. And yes, some of them do need to get resurfaced every so often..Only those full-time baddie clubs can afford the nicer mats...But even w/wooden floors, we'll still taken 'em..
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    sometimes there are no lines at all!
    ..heh?? NO LINES at all!!.............
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Thanks for posting Chris, saved me some time.
    ..feel free to add a few more, i did as little as i can..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-14-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=ctjcad;660711]..and i believe most of the badminton gyms and places to play, even here in the U.S., are still using regular wood floors-ala multi-purpose gyms/halls. And yes, some of them do need to get resurfaced every so often..Only those full-time baddie clubs can afford the nicer mats...But even w/wooden floors, we'll still taken 'em..
    yah i wish i could try out those green mats, has anyone played on wood and mats and noticed a difference? they must be better if badminton clubs use them and pros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    What about more placeds Down Under?

This is an interesting and fun post.
    i will post some pics (hopefully) from some places in Western Australia. im off badminton for the time being though. so that would take a while, probably 2/3 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am nowhere near the badminton court too since it is fasting month. later, i think, i will take a picture of the hall where i play. the other courts pictured here are so modern looking and looks very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gym in Hong Kong

Badminton in HK is very popular now, many students have their own private coaches or join badminton clubs. If they play better, they have higher chance to enter famous school. There are 78 gyms equipped with badminton courts run by government. It is extremely difficult to book courts of rush hour. Some ppl need to queue up one hour before the counter open i.e. 6am in order to secure their preference courts. One of a crazy job in HK is to help ppl to book courts. There were generally ranged from 4 to 12 courts in each gym. Apart from the gyms at school, large corporation or at govt municipal complex, badminton courts are also available at some new estates. Having a nice gym is one of a selection criteria for ppl to buy new flat.

Here are the multi-purpose gym in HK, the first 2 pics is Choi Hung Road Sport Centre, it uses plastic floor, while the third pic is Lai King Sport Centre which uses wood floor.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll post some from Western Australia too. Our biggest badminton venue in WA is Kingsway International Sports Stadium, Madeley http://www.badmintonwa.org.au

The Stadium has 10 dedicated badminton courts with only badminton lines. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately our local council will turn the Stadium into a multi sports centre next year... So there will be new lines and other sports like Net ball, soccer others coming. Badminton sessions will be cut down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AChan View Post
    Badminton in HK is very popular now, many students have their own private coaches or join badminton clubs. If they play better, they have higher chance to enter famous school. There are 78 gyms equipped with badminton courts run by government. It is extremely difficult to book courts of rush hour. Some ppl need to queue up one hour before the counter open i.e. 6am in order to secure their preference courts. One of a crazy job in HK is to help ppl to book courts. There were generally ranged from 4 to 12 courts in each gym. Apart from the gyms at school, large corporation or at govt municipal complex, badminton courts are also available at some new estates. Having a nice gym is one of a selection criteria for ppl to buy new flat.

Here are the multi-purpose gym in HK, the first 2 pics is Choi Hung Road Sport Centre, it uses plastic floor, while the third pic is Lai King Sport Centre which uses wood floor.
    Is there a tournament? It seems there is many people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    i am nowhere near the badminton court too since it is fasting month. later, i think, i will take a picture of the hall where i play. the other courts pictured here are so modern looking and looks very nice.
    ramadhan ei ? i've got a muslim mate here who is fasting as well. he is more tired than usual.

EDIT:
    btw, does that mean hafiz and roslin hashim are off training as well?

edit2:
    and zakry and his partner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 450450 View Post
    I'll post some from Western Australia too. Our biggest badminton venue in WA is Kingsway International Sports Stadium, Madeley http://www.badmintonwa.org.au

The Stadium has 10 dedicated badminton courts with only badminton lines. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately our local council will turn the Stadium into a multi sports centre next year... So there will be new lines and other sports like Net ball, soccer others coming. Badminton sessions will be cut down!

that is extremely inconsiderate of them! which council is this? is it a government-sponsored stadium? have a chat with the local member. tell him the people dont want it! haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malayali View Post
    One of Dallas' badminton clubs.
    are those are skylites??
    if yes, will you guys get glaring when look up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    ramadhan ei ? i've got a muslim mate here who is fasting as well. he is more tired than usual.

EDIT:
    btw, does that mean hafiz and roslin hashim are off training as well?

edit2:
    and zakry and his partner?
    yeah, you get a little sluggish during the day but Ramadhan is all about slowing down and having your patience tested and reconfirming your faith. the month of religious pursuits.

i dont know if they stop training. i dont think so since athletes never really stop training. maybe they stop doing the high intensity training and focus on skills training. who knows any coach? you can ask them. which in turns makes me wonder how are muslim players playing in Japan Open. do they start playing after the breaking of fast? interesting question.

sorry out of topic. ignore this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Courts.

Many lines, because it's a multi-purpose gym, but we are used to the lines... so, no problems at all.

It's rubberised floor, so it's not slippery... and we love it there.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Yea mate!! the lines can be so confusing at times!!! There are 2 sidelines at some courts as some of it are from basketball!

I will post up where i usually play soon!!!

16. Likes milton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Is there a tournament? It seems there is many people.
    I took photo for Youth Badminton Club Tournament in the last New Year's Eve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, just saw this thread, interesting idea ...
    i'll post some pics next week ... gyms in the uk are much like what they are in Oz, many many lines for many many sports ...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast