2007 Japan Open day 6 (Sept 16th) Final

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by LI De Quan, Sep 15, 2007.

1. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    2007 Japan Open day 6 (Sept 16th) Final

My prediction:

MX:
    ZHENG/GAO VS Nova/Lilyana(45% to 55%)

MS:
    LEE CW VS TH(50% to 50%)

WS:
    RASMUSSEN Tine VS XXF(50% to 50%)

WD:
    YANG W/ZHANG JW VS YU Y/ZHAO TT(70% to 30%)

MD:
    Candra/Tony VS Luluk/Alvent(45% to 55%)

What's yours?????????????

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lee Chong Wei vs Taufik Hidayat -- as I mentioned in the other thread, the chance is even for both players to win an important title here. It will be a perfect accomplishment for Lee if he is to win tomorrow, having beaten Chen Jin and Lin Dan earlier. However, my feeling is that Taufik has something to prove as well, seeing that this is probably his best chance to win a SS title this year.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto -- what a week it has been for Luluk/Alvent as well, beating more fancied opponents like the All-England Champion Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong and the current World Champion Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, all in straight sets :eek: A title here will certainly give them (and PBSI) enough incentive that they still have the capability to compete with the best, especially with the Olympics qualification and Thomas Cup in mind. So, I am cheering for Luluk/Alvent to win their first MAJOR title in 3 years! I hope they do not peak too early today.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Tine Rasmussen vs Xie Xingfang -- Tine has beaten 2 China players en route to the Final. Can she upset Xie? I have a feeling she can.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen vs Yu Yang/Zhao Tingting -- who cares?

MIXED DOUBLES
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir -- yet another rematch between the two best pairs in the world at the moment. The concern is yet again on Gao Ling's stamina. At their best, Zheng/Gao should beat Nova/Butet. But, if Nova/Butet are to win again tomorrow, they have proven that they are the only pair that can beat the CHN pair more than once (well, they have done it twice now) :cool:

#2 badMania, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  3. chemile

chemile Regular Member

My predicition:

XD
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling vs Nova/Lilyana... ZB/GL will revenge their lost in WC'07.However, both pair has known strenghtness and weakness of their opponent. Hence, only the pair who less unforced error will win this match.

WS
    Tine Rasmussen vs Xie Xinfang.... Well good achievement from TIne Rasmussen to beat 3 Chinese players in a row, and give an applause to her. However, Xie Xinfang has new motivation to beat Tine Rasmussen and prove that China still super power in WS.

MS
    Taufik Hidayat vs Lee Chong Wei..... Lee Chong Wei is on fire, and he also has motivation to prove to Malaysian people that he is able and deserve to become world top player. Anyway, I hope Malaysian fans not to make any statement that make LCW trap in underpressure. In other hand, TH has good ability and mental strengthness. Whoever win tomorrow, they both are best player beside LD at the moment.

MD
    Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto vs Tony Gunawan/Chandra Wijaya...
    Actually I am a big fan of Tony/Chandra. But, look up the history of Luluk/Alvent in this tournament, I really hope they can gain their 1st SS title, to boost up their motivation after separate issued previously. I think if LH/AY are not play in much pressure, their opportunity to be a champion is very big, beside TG/CW have played marathon with LP/JR today.

WD
    Yang Wei/Zhang Yiewen vs Yu Yang/Zhao Ting Ting... Well, actually little bit boring to talk about this sector. However, if we look from the ability and experience, I think YW/ZY will get 2nd titles in a row....

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    candra and tony to win. Luluk/Alvent's luck will run out soon enough.:p

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Agree, just like Kido/Hendra needed that World Championship victory, I seriously hope that Luluk/Alvent WILL WIN tomorrow. This should spark a celebration and renewed confidence for their future tourneys, starting from the Chinese-Taipei Open next week. Who knows, we might see yet another ALL-INA Final again :cool:

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, Luluk Hadiyanto just replied my congratulatory SMS and he said "Pray for us" :D

Gambate!!!!!!

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    really... bad

wow.. if you sms them again tommorow.. please send my support to them 2 :D..he..he

8. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    li,
    you've read my mind .. :D mine is the same as yours :D

9. maryanne

maryanne Regular Member

Won't exactly call it a prediction, but these are the players I would like to see win:

MX:
    ZHENG/GAO VS Nova/Lilyana - really think Nova/Lilyana are great players, but I am just biased towards Gao Ling :)

MS:
    LEE CW VS TH - I am glad that LCW seems to be out of his funk, and really playing well, but I am really for TH in this one. I am sure it will not be easy if LCW plays the same way he has been playing so far, but it's about time we see another TH win in an SS for this year

WS:
    RASMUSSEN Tine VS XXF - I just think she is too fast for her, and I just hope she's hungry enough to avenge her mediocre performance in the World Series

WD:
    YANG W/ZHANG JW VS YU Y/ZHAO TT- just so they strengthen their partnership, just to prove that they should stay together

MD:
    Candra/Tony VS Luluk/Alvent- I adore Candra & Tony, really, but a win for Luluk/Alvent would be great to boost their morale and standing. It would be nice to have more competitive teams to reckon with in MD. And besides, it's about time they get to show their worth! They are such commendable players!

10. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    so weird..
    there is onli 1 event tat 1st & 2nd seed make it to the final...
    beside tat..
    onli 1 2007 world champion tat make it to the final..
    is there possibility of non of a World champion win the JO title?
    if tat does..
    GL/ZB might strike it..
    maybe LCW will win too coz he nvr win a world title yet..
    then might be luluk/alvent..
    WS should be tine rasmussen
    WD might be ZTT/YY..
    quite a stupid theory right??

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    OK.. Let me go against most of the will here .. HEHE...

1. Nova/Buttet over GL/ZB -- GL is become so unpredictable nowadays... Just when many thoughts she got the chance to win due to only need to play in a single event for final.. The INA pair will steal the show..

2. Lee CW over TH - TH was never really tested in this tounry yet so far.. Except in the first match against the veterans CH...
    Lee having to go through many tough opponents to proceed thus far, he will take he chances.. I can see the way he play in the semis. He dont look in pressure so much.. Mayb not many have hopes on him since his flopped in WC.

3. Tine Rasmussen vs XXF - The Dane Squad is having a great time... XXF, after the World Champs Last year, I suddenly see her losing the material of Great Players.. The Danes can beat Chinese number 1 Zhang Nin, no reason for her can't beat XXF as well..She is on the verge of creating history for EURO here...

4. Yu Yang/ZTT over YW/ZJW - The former is going to shows LYB breaking their previous partnership is a good move... They certainly have no pressure here playing against WC...

5. Chandra/Tony over Luluk/Alven - They are tactically superior well ahead of Luluk/Alven.. The later have to wait for a little bit longer to end their title drought !

12. xlasher

xlasher Regular Member

OK I dunno thay Luluk Alven go to FInal til I on my internet And see their winning... oh my prediction rite again.....

for tomorrow MS,WS are kinda hard to predict....
    I support TH and TR to win the Final

for XD, Can it be revenge???? NO,,, INA will take it again.... it's gonna be a tough match though.....

MD.... hahah I stil believe on TG/CW to win this match but I must admit how good Luluk/Alven performance till Final is.

WD,.... Maybe no surprise... the first seed will take it.....

ok
    TH LCW $55 - $45 3 sets

XXF TR $50 - $50 2 sets

NWLN ZBGL $55 - $45 2 sets

LHAY TGCW $40 - $60 3 sets

CHN CHN $60-$40 2 sets

13. jason_kidd

jason_kidd Regular Member

candra/tony will surely get the tittle.... look at the performance today against the danes... no one can defeat them... my prediction-- two games, luluk/alven will not score more than 15 points.:)

14. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    MX: ZHENG/GAO
    MS: TH
    WS: XXF
    WD: YANG W/ZHANG JW
    MD: Candra/Tony

15. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    MEN'S SINGLES
    Lee Chong Wei vs Taufik Hidayat -- A pretty close match. Lee Chong Wei has a better chance if he continues to play like what he did against Chen Jin and Lin Dan.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto -- It's time for the INA pair to shine after beating more fancied opponents like the All-England Titlists Koo/Tan and the current World Champion Kido/Setiawan (all in straight sets).

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Tine Rasmussen vs Xie Xingfang -- A battle between two tall gals. I'm rooting for Tine to create upset again.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen vs Yu Yang/Zhao Tingting -- As many expected.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Zheng Bo/Gao Lingvs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir -- Yet another close match. The INA pair will prevail again.

#15 robin7, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  16. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Taufik Hidayat vs Lee Chong Wei
    Both players seem to be playing well. But I believe Taufik will win because of all their previous encounters. Lee Chong Wei seems to be in really good form, and his win against Lin Dan will boost his confidence, so actually I'm not sure anymore. I say 50-50.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya vs Alven Yulianto/Luluk Hadiyanto
    Tony and Candra are the more experienced players. They did play a close match against Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen today, but they did not seem tired at all. Their previous matches were also a breeze. Yulianto/Hadiyanto seem to be playing well, but I think the experience and consistency of Tony/Candra will prevail.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen vs Yu Yang/Zhao Ting Ting
    They are the more experienced and didn't play a long match. Zhao seemed tired while playing Gao Ling/Huang Sui, so I believe that will affect her.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Xie Xing Fang vs Tine Rasmussen
    Tine is playing exceptionally well, but I believe Xie Xing Fang will cope better than her teammates and win. I do hope Tine is able to continue with this form because we need more people that can challenge the dominance of China's womens team.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir vs Zheng Bo/Gao Ling
    If Lilyana Natsir plays like she was playing against Korea, they have a high chance of winning. But Gao Ling is not someone to be taken lightly and is stronger than Lee Hyo Jung at the net and in defense. It will all depend on who is better at the net, which is how it usually is.

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I just sent SMS to Tony G and tell him to win...:D:D we are supporting opposite players now...

18. Peter5124

Peter5124 Regular Member

What time does the final start in Japan time?

19. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    1200hrs JPN time , MAS : 1100hrs

20. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

12:00 PM - Event Starts
    11:00 AM - Doors Open
    9:00 AM - I start lining up.

Tell him a few lone Americans are supporting him :).