Comment/Views on YONEX Ti-10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ct_23, Sep 15, 2007.

1. ct_23

ct_23 Regular Member

Manager
    Dear Ti-10 users or other Yonex users,

Plz throw in your valuable opinions on your experiences using Ti-10 as it would served a great reference to the whom considering of buying one as new or replacement!!

It would be even better if you owned as well other yonex series such as Amortec or Nano thus you would be able to tell us their differences (if any) :)

As a start, I just bought a Ti-10 and as compared to my old Cab-20power, i felt the huge different especially when i 'flick' not to mention when i smack the bird, Ti-10 is so flexible which is so impossible for me to explain just in words!! I am still adjusting myself this monster!! ha

I just cant wait to hear your voices out there!! :D

2. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

Is it a pre04 version?

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    There are two types, as mentioned by Uncle Fester there - is it the new or the Classic?

Both differ greatly in terms of power and response.

And pricing & availability.

#3 wilfredlgf, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

and looks, don't forget the looks!
    ;)

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    any version ti10 is a poor replacement for cab22/20P. U should try ns9000X or mp100

6. mcchooi

mcchooi Regular Member

i (bought and) tried one (3U G5)...it felt good. really liked the fact that it's got a slim shaft. i think that's why i felt that this racquet is very manouverable. however...

i bought 2 AT900Ts (4U G5 TH)...these packed in more power to my attacking shots (drives and smashes). in other aspects such as defence and general swinging of the racquet, the ti-10 is more superior.

a friend will be getting a JP 3UG5 AT900T for me...so i guess i'm pretty much going to stick with these. i don't think i have good enough wrist work to be able to maximise the potential of the new ti-10.

7. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    Intial impressions of the new Ti10 had me thinking it was CAB30 in disguise. Well more so in terms of flex, balance and swing feel and speed. I couldn't tell which was more powerful though (probably the Ti10), but I think my CAB30 had more control. And the hits were pretty solid. I just tried it last Wedensday for about 10 minutes when I switched swaped my AT900P and my friend's Ti10 to try out.

8. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Ti-10 Love it^^

I don't remember it to be flexible though. I find it stiff, head heavy and powerful.

I had the original version.

9. ct_23

ct_23 Regular Member

Manager
    Hi Guys Thx for all your response on behalf not only myself but many others too :)

"UncleFester", here i am referring to the New Ti10 the improved version of classic. Get one and try it yourselves i bet you'll like it :p

"Cooler", Thx for your opinion I was actually considering MP100 prior to this but i guess its not popular in de market...looked everyway but only have seen it in de Yonex poster chart!! :p N from what i understand N9000 has more equal distribution of weight on the racquet unlike Ti10 where u find slim shaft (like what "Mcchooi" mentioned) together with heavier head. This will give u different 'feel' and in this case i think Amortec700 would deliver more 'power'..:) PLz let me know if u had tried AT700 k

"Hybridragon", what do think of AT900 in terms of smashing and/or net kill compared to Ti-10?

"Brave Turtle", The new version will give u the flexibility u look for, be 'brave' try it!! :)

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    MP100 not popular? I just bot a new one last month and using it wif great fun:). I had lined up to get another one, 2nd handed. The great tony G used cab 20 power and then mp100. Not sure what's tony using now but likely he switched to at700 or at900P because of yonex sponsorship.

#10 cooler, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  11. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    The new Ti-10 felt easier to smash because it's less stiff and head heavy than AT900P. But I think the smashes with my AT900P were a tad bit more powerful. I don't know how AT900T compares though, I haven't tried that one yet. For reaction time to net kills and such, Ti-10 probably is faster than AT900P, although it could be my perception. The new Ti-10 should be easier to get used to than the AT900P unless you're used to fairly head heavy rackets.

12. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    It's only not as popular now because it's discontinued and being phased out of the market. If you asked the same question about the MP-100 3 years ago when it was still made worldwide, you'll find a lot of people praising it as you see it nowadays with the AT-900s.

13. ct_23

ct_23 Regular Member

Manager
    Hi guys,

I went back to the shop where i purchased my Ti10 :) to buy new grip and the shop owner prompted me on the introduction of new racquet yet to be released in Msia market: Carlton Airblade Rasmussen Titanium B'ton Racquet.

Check this out!! Read "Player Profile" http://www.badmintonalley.com/Carlton_Airblade_Rasmussen_Ti_p/racket-c-airblade-rasmussen-ti.htm

I hold it to get some 'feel' and i find it quite solid but of cos not as solid compared to Ti10 or Amortec. Any comment?

14. F-Man

F-Man Regular Member

Student
    It's a poor comparison. Ti-10 is much better in every aspect (power, feel, control..........e.t.c.)

15. ct_23

ct_23 Regular Member

Manager

Hi F-Man, thanks for supporting Ti10.....and i think any yonex closest to this would be Amortec700 wouldn't you think so?

Any comment? anyone:)

16. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    The Ti-10 (Classic) is hard to compare to a lot of other racquets, really. It's like a wild stallion, either you're taken by the raw power and manage to tame it or you hate it because it's unwieldy to the common player. I know of some friends (pretty good players) who find it difficult to use while I can clear and smash with abandon.

I personally believe that you don't choose the Ti-10, it chooses you. :)

17. F-Man

F-Man Regular Member

Student
    ????

AT700 :confused:

Don't mean to be rude but they are a world apart. Wilfredlgf is right though about it being so extreme. There really isn't one in the Yonex range like it. The shaft of the AT700 feels softer and touch + control isn't as good, since Ti-10 has a slim head.

Of couse I support it. I have 4 of them strung at 30 x 32 and 4 strung at 29 x 31. All 2U versions (new).

18. <<TG>>

<<TG>> New Member

Student
    Hi, I wonder which version of the ti10 racket you guys have. Is it SP?

19. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

The new version is SP only.

20. F-Man

F-Man Regular Member

Student
    That would be wrong I am afraid. The new version comes in TW, HK, IP and TP versions. All exactly the same but different codes.