User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 120
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The beginning of the end of CHN's domination??

    Is this the beginning of the end of CHN's domination??

  2. #2
    Regular Member wilfredlgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just because they failed to win the MS and WS title in one tournament?

    I bet LYB and the China Olympic Council would be laughing their guts out when they stand on the podium with gold medals next year in Beijing.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As far as i know CHN team still dominate on this tournament with 2 winner and 2 runner-up.

  4. #4
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,076
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2 View Post
    Is this the beginning of the end of CHN's domination??
    a bit pre-mature prediction, imho.

    the Chinese team is very smart. they have gone through these many times before, Camilla Martin in WS, Ra/Lee in WD, Gade in MS, they will either analyze their new opponent to every minute detail to find their weaknesses and/or strengthen their training program. the result is then a stronger and smarter team that continued to play the best badminton in the world.

    i will wait and see what they will do in the next few months.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    a bit pre-mature prediction, imho.

    the Chinese team is very smart. they have gone through these many times before, Camilla Martin in WS, Ra/Lee in WD, Gade in MS, they will either analyze their new opponent to every minute detail to find their weaknesses and/or strengthen their training program. the result is then a stronger and smarter team that continued to play the best badminton in the world.

    i will wait and see what they will do in the next few months.
    As they say : Easy Come Easy Go. What does it matter if it is one game - next game China might win it back (not that I want to see that but I have to face reality). But it is more exciting if other countries win too. Nevertheless, I want LCW to continue winning.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The demolition of chinese armada in WS

    Tine Rasmussen beat XieXingfang (World champion for 2 times)
    Lu Lan
    Zhang Ning (World champion + Olympic champion)
    Jang Yanjiao (Asian Champion)
    Xu Huaiwen (European Champion)

    So Tine is the world champion + olympic champion + european champion = the ultimate champion.

    Camilla only beat 3 chinese players to win her All england

    But tine beat 5 chinese players and they are the best of the best.

    History is created again after the collapse of chinese ladies in WD china masters

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry not happening...LYB is gonna train his crew even harder...then we'll see them laughing their asses off during next year's olympics at people who thought this was their end

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    776
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So...because she managed to beat them....once, she also manages to win the Olympics and World Championships AND European championships, without actually winning the actual championships? Buddy, she won the Japan Open, congrats to her for doing so, but until she beats them CONSISTANTLY and actually wins those titles, then you can start calling her "the ultimate champion of champions who does not have to compete in a tournament to win the title of being champion.....champion". Some fans just get way too excited and lose all their logic and credibility in one night.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Where else?
    Posts
    2,146
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    China's run would not end here. i think they still we go from strength to strength. they will continue to exert their dominance and power.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_way View Post
    Tine Rasmussen beat XieXingfang (World champion for 2 times)
    Lu Lan
    Zhang Ning (World champion + Olympic champion)
    Jang Yanjiao (Asian Champion)
    Xu Huaiwen (European Champion)

    So Tine is the world champion + olympic champion + european champion = the ultimate champion.

    Camilla only beat 3 chinese players to win her All england

    But tine beat 5 chinese players and they are the best of the best.

    History is created again after the collapse of chinese ladies in WD china masters
    First of all lose the title. It's horrible.

    Tine did win the title, and it's nice to see that Denmark and now on par with the Chinese. But that doesn't means she's ultimate. It's just like how everybody thought Zhang Ning was ultimate. And frankly I still think she is at 32, is it?

    Lastly, Tine is only WS champion in Japan open. Beating the world's top in the Japan doesn't mean it'll be the same as winning all those other titles. Those are something to earned like all the others.

    Overall Good Job Tine, But I hope more hot Denmark players, like Camilla, come on to the scene XD.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel that hard work is hard work. If all the other players in the world, exert the same mental, physical, and tactical training, then perhaps we'll see a mix of countries in the top 5

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
    Sorry not happening...LYB is gonna train his crew even harder...then we'll see them laughing their asses off during next year's olympics at people who thought this was their end
    But the 'people' you referred to will have their laughs first, yeah ?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bcl, chen jin and chen yu will have to step up their pace. LYB can't rely on LD all the time. Bcl, cj and cy will have to fight it out to get to play in 08 OG.

  14. #14
    Regular Member wilfredlgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The ships barely sank, to be honest, just docked for repairs due to torn sails and creaky masts.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,064
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think this is premature really. after all, China have done worse in tournaments. it's not like they'll win all the medals every time. i think the other nations, like Mas, Indo and especially Tine did awesome. but will they be able to repeat these feats? one tournament is not enough. after all, you would base your conclusion for a research on just a single trail. you'd do it several times.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It may be the end yet. But LYB may need to start worry. Look the the recent tourments.

    MS - other than LD, who else? CJ does not prove himself as LD's successor yet.
    WS - ZN, XXF no longer plays in every tournament final. And they even started losing in early rounds. ZL won WC, but she has been inconsistent.
    MD - Tan/Koo and MD from INA seem to able to find ways beat Cai/Fu.
    WD - Still dominate, but othen than Zhang Yawen, the rest are not young any more.
    XD - Gao/Bo and Widianto/Natsir are 50/50.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    As they say : Easy Come Easy Go. What does it matter if it is one game - next game China might win it back (not that I want to see that but I have to face reality). But it is more exciting if other countries win too. Nevertheless, I want LCW to continue winning.
    ........

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Beginning badminton
    By onlyme_77 in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 1
    : 11-21-2008, 02:28 AM
  2. China's domination
    By alzgodemort in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 10
    : 07-08-2008, 01:23 PM
  3. Indonesia Domination
    By cooler in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 11-28-2007, 08:09 AM
  4. Bao continues domination
    By John in forum General Forum
    Replies: 15
    : 10-25-2001, 12:23 PM
  5. what i'm beginning to see
    By shaun in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 19
    : 08-11-2001, 01:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •