Best tension for Yonex Ti Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ricky, Dec 9, 2000.

1. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've tried BG 65 Ti and BG 75 Ti before, and both of them were strung at 24 lbs. While I found BG 85 at 24 lbs is the best for me, it seems that 24 lbs for these titanium strings is a bit too hard. As a result, I found that control of the racquet has been compromised.

I'm not sure whether it is due to the characteristics of the Titanium strings. Any idea ?

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I'm not too sure but it just may another possible gimmick but the Yonex Ti strings are supposed to be coated with Titanium so that they give the shuttle an extra "spring" when it is hit.

Maybe because your strings tensions were too high Ricky that it killed all the feel in your shots that you may not have realised how hard/soft you were hitting the shuttle to control your shots.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The Yonex BG65/80/85 stretch more when pulled compared to other strings. Other strings, when pulled to the same tension, may feel more tight.

The extra "spring" could possibly be a description when strung at lower tensions e.g. 22lbs (pure specualtion).