User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seawell View Post
    Tine and her boyfriend, very sweet!

And now her husband! (assuming that was the same fella ) http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kendte/Ny...20bryllup.aspx
    Should be a story up on Badzine as well. Thomas Laybourn got married as well which should be in the same article on Badzine ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Badzine international :

" PEOPLE : Baun is born

Thursday, 15 July 2010 10:23

A new name has entered the top 5 without any prior announcement : Tine Baun from Denmark is ranked world n 5 in the latest world ranking. But of course, all those who follow our "Gossip" column are aware that this player is no other than Tine Rasmussen, who recently got married to Martin Baun, team physio of the Denmark National team. Farewell to Tine Rasmussen - homonym of another famous player (Jonas, men's double) - and welcome to Tine Baun."

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shorter name
    hehe
    easier to type
    tb
    haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not easier than TR !

Go go go TB !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's go TINE BAUN!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell me why Tine always looses to Wang Xin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    Can anyone tell me why Tine always looses to Wang Xin?
    sometimes it's like that...like how wong choong hann has NEVER beaten xia xuanze....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anyone else dissapointed with Tine Baun's performance in the semifinal against Saina? She seemed to be hindered by nerves and never really settled into the match. Granted that Saina played great, but Tine should have been able to put up a better resistance, had she been more calm.

I am one of Tine's biggest fans as I am always entertained when she enters the court. Tine has an imposing posture and does sometime overboil with frustration. She has a very impressive power in her clears and smashes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    sometimes it's like that...like how wong choong hann has NEVER beaten xia xuanze....
    thanks..... guess its psychological..... but we never know.....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Special: Tine Baun talks to Sportskeeda

Dev Sukumar, April 25, 2012
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/04/2...o-sportskeeda/

Two-time All England champion Tine Baun (earlier: Tine Rasmussen) is one of the stars at the India Open. Having taken over the mantle of leading the Danish challenge from the popular and charismatic Camilla Martin, Baun has managed the hard task of being one of Chinaís biggest threats. Baun, who won her second straight European Championships, spoke to Dev S Sukumar after her first round win over Sayaka Sato of Japan:

Happy with the way the match went? You won despite trailing in the second game.

Yes, Iím happy with todayís performance. I had a slow start. It takes a lot of energy to come from a tournament in Europe (she won the European Championships last week). It was a long journey, sitting in the plane for a long time. This round is the beginning of the tournament, and Iím happy I won in two sets.

How difficult is it as a pro player to traverse continents and yet play at a high level?

When you get older, it gets difficult to travel. Your body takes longer to recover and itís hard to get rest and try to be at that level. Each additional day helps to get ready. Now I have 24 hours to prepare.

How do you ensure you get sufficient rest while travelling?

Itís very difficult, but itís the same for everyone. We donít travel first class. The leg space is too less Ö you just have to do your best and get your body moving.

You just won the European Championships last week. How satisfying was that to continue your reign as European champion?

Iím very happy with winning the European Championships. Iíve beaten the best opponents in Europe, and satisfied. It was a good final (against Juliane Schenk); I played up and down, and in the end I played better than her.

Youíre on the wrong side of 30. Contemplating retirement yet?

Not yet. Of course Iím older and I have a few injuries, but I want to continue playing for the time being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I could say is if she is younger by a few years..in her late 20s, only very few players are capable of beating her and Saina is not one of them

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina and I have a good chance of winning medal in Olympics: Tine Baun
    PTI | Apr 25, 2012, 06.20PM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/12867988.cms

NEW DELHI: Two-time All England champion Tine Baun is confident that she and Indian ace Saina Nehwal are good enough to topple the formidable Chinese players at the London Olympics and win medals.

Baun said they have succeeded in presenting a good challenge to the strong Chinese players on the circuit and are now confident of beating them.

"There is a good chance for both Saina and me winning a medal in Olympics. We along with Juliane Schenk of Germany have been pushing the Chinese and there is pressure on the Chinese now. They are used to winning gold and when they play in the Olympics, they are always the best. But me and Saina are also training hard and will be at our best," Tine said.

"I have the possibility of beating the Chinese. I am satisfied with the way I have progressed after being injured in the past. I want to play my best and stay injury free. I want to focus on my game," she added.

The fifth seeded Danish on Wednesday defeated Japanese Sayaka Sato 21-15, 22-20 to make a good start to her campaign at the Yonex Sunrise India Open.

"I am very happy with my game. It has been two days that I have been in India. My body is getting used to the time difference and jetlag. It was a slow start but I did well in the end," she said.

Tine retained her European title last week in Karlskrona, Sweden and the 32-year-old was pleased with her performance.

"I'm happy with European title last week. My performance in the All England was also good. I showed some good badminton and these were the best this year. It is a nice feeling.

"I am still working on some areas. I had to struggle with injuries and it takes time to get back to your best," she added.

Her compatriot Peter Gade has decided to hang up his boots this year and asked if she was also thinking in similar lines, Tine said she has not decided as yet.

"I have been injury free for the last two months and I would like to continue as long as possible. I know I am ageing but I haven't decided on my retirement till now. As long as I am having fun on the court, I will keep playing," said the 32-year-old.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    All I could say is if she is younger by a few years..in her late 20s, only very few players are capable of beating her and Saina is not one of them
    Probably that's the ideal case for every player, with the skill and experience of a 40 years old with 20 years old youngster's energy and quickness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Saina and I have a good chance of winning medal in Olympics: Tine Baun
    PTI | Apr 25, 2012, 06.20PM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/12867988.cms

NEW DELHI: Two-time All England champion Tine Baun is confident that she and Indian ace Saina Nehwal are good enough to topple the formidable Chinese players at the London Olympics and win medals.

Baun said they have succeeded in presenting a good challenge to the strong Chinese players on the circuit and are now confident of beating them.

"There is a good chance for both Saina and me winning a medal in Olympics. We along with Juliane Schenk of Germany have been pushing the Chinese and there is pressure on the Chinese now. They are used to winning gold and when they play in the Olympics, they are always the best. But me and Saina are also training hard and will be at our best," Tine said.

"I have the possibility of beating the Chinese. I am satisfied with the way I have progressed after being injured in the past. I want to play my best and stay injury free. I want to focus on my game," she added.

The fifth seeded Danish on Wednesday defeated Japanese Sayaka Sato 21-15, 22-20 to make a good start to her campaign at the Yonex Sunrise India Open.

"I am very happy with my game. It has been two days that I have been in India. My body is getting used to the time difference and jetlag. It was a slow start but I did well in the end," she said.

Tine retained her European title last week in Karlskrona, Sweden and the 32-year-old was pleased with her performance.

"I'm happy with European title last week. My performance in the All England was also good. I showed some good badminton and these were the best this year. It is a nice feeling.

"I am still working on some areas. I had to struggle with injuries and it takes time to get back to your best," she added.

Her compatriot Peter Gade has decided to hang up his boots this year and asked if she was also thinking in similar lines, Tine said she has not decided as yet.

"I have been injury free for the last two months and I would like to continue as long as possible. I know I am ageing but I haven't decided on my retirement till now. As long as I am having fun on the court, I will keep playing," said the 32-year-old.
    just lost to China's No 7, the 19 years old Chen Xiao Jia in 2 straight games.
    Every time when they open their mouth it just went straight back to their faces.

Why can't they just shut up and let the rackets do the talking ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    just lost to China's No 7, the 19 years old Chen Xiao Jia in 2 straight games.
    Every time when they open their mouth it just went straight back to their faces.

Why can't they just shut up and let the rackets do the talking ?
    It's ok...relax. I do not mind what she says because she has proven more than enough in the past. Plus she is just asserting her confidence and optimism unlike Nehwal who extremely naive for her age to think that her opponents including the Chinese fear to play against her when she has not even delivered in the major event.

Tine Baun is alright..i think she didn't cross the line so far...Nehwal has on numerous occasions.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tine is into the final stage of preparations for LOG. Going well so far at the Indonesia Open PSS where she enters the QF stage after winning in straights over Petya Nedelcheva 21-15, 21-12. She meets an old young foe Wang Yihan tomorrow. This could be Tine's opportunity to balance the h-h with WYH.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There was almost nothing to separate Tine from Wang Yihan at the QF stage at the IO PSS. Sadly, only one of them could win, and it was WYH. But it did show that Tine is approaching her A game, and I guess she wants to target peaking at the OG.

England has been a happy hunting ground for Tine. I wish her the very best!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast