User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    What about samuel882??? The boy is kinda good with his crayons and colouring.
    In that case he is up for the Chief of Advertising in BAM (subject to X-Ball's approval of course)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Amen.....

My proposal:
    Krisna (PBSI Head...in 2028...he said so )
    Hau-Ge (Sponsorship)
    Chris (External Relations)
    Indra (Coach )
    Taufik-ist (Chief IT)
    badMania and Sandy (Talent Scout )
    Mind I volunteer myself for Chef De Commission of PBSI for every major tournaments ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    Mind I volunteer myself for Chef De Commission of PBSI for every major tournaments ?
    Hey, you are not Indonesian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, you are not Indonesian
    Make an exception la. The lad will design the Indonesian shirt with bright glowing colours and all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Make an exception la. The lad will design the Indonesian shirt with bright glowing colours and all.
    make sure the shirts are glowing enough to blind the opponents........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case he is up for the Chief of Advertising in BAM (subject to X-Ball's approval of course)
    APPROVED !!!!! I approve everything and anything especially if it is to make anyone happy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So our boy here will be designing T-shirts and adverts for both BAM and PBSI (subject to Krisna's approval again)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    APPROVED !!!!! I approve everything and anything especially if it is to make anyone happy.
    DESIGNER for MAS team? not bad But how will be my salary scheme?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So our boy here will be designing T-shirts and adverts for both BAM and PBSI (subject to Krisna's approval again)
    And I will popularized badminton Worldwide by designing all those Unique T-Shirts. Trust me , even the African will know MAS & INA = Badminton Power soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    DESIGNER for MAS team? not bad But how will be my salary scheme?
    Well, you will get unlimited amounts of sweets and lollypops plus we will throw in a set of Elmo of Sesame Street play tunes as an added perk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is way out of hand.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another article

from New Straits Times

Badminton: Top pair promise gold in Beijing

21 September, 2007

KOO Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong, who have been going through a lean spell the last six months, have promised to put aside their differences in order to win gold for the nation in next year's Beijing Olympics. Kien Keat-Boon Heong made their pledge to BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh and national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky after a two-and-a-half hour meeting at Juara Stadium yesterday.

Rexy had suspected that Kien Keat, 22, and Boon Heong, 20, did not trust each other on court, which subsequently caused their performance to take a nose-dive.

The worst was witnessed in last month's World Championships where they lost to Japan's Shuichi Sakamoto-Shintaro Ikeda in the quarter-finals, while Indonesia's Luluk Hadiyanto-Alven Yulianto beat them in the second round of the Japan Open last week.

Nadzmi said yesterday's meeting was fruitful as both players admitted their mistakes and, not only have they promised to work together as a pair, but also want to become Olympic champions.

"Kien Keat and Boon Heong have admitted their mistakes and want to focus on their efforts to win the Olympic gold," said Nadzmi.

"In order to do so, they cannot be individualistic and must realise that synergy is the key to their success.

"I have also explained to them that we want their commitment and not compliance. They have to have the desire to win the Olympic gold and should not do it because everyone wants them to.

"They had an explosive start to their partnership but must realise now that it is not plain sailing anymore as their rivals are also monitoring their progress.

"The Doha Asian Games (last year) was their best performance and to reach that level again, their mentality must change. They cannot take tournaments for granted and their approach must always be serious."

Nadzmi added: "The meeting has been very positive and going by their positive feedback, I'm confident Kien Keat-Boon Heong will bounce back."

Rexy said that Kien Keat, the more experienced of the two, must play his part wisely and not suffocate Boon Heong by being too dominant.

Since Boon Heong admitted that inexperience and lack of confidence had affected his recent performance, Rexy believes the former needs the support of Kien Keat in turning their careers around.

"It is up to them now as I've been doing everything I can to make sure Kien Keat and Boon Heong hit the top again. They have expressed their dream to become the Olympic champions and they must start managing themselves towards that goal," said Rexy.

"Kien Keat needs to understand Boon Heong's character, communicate more to understand the strengths and weaknesses of his partner who is younger and less experienced.

"Kien Keat should lead the way but must give Boon Heong breathing space to develop. Both players must have trust each others' game. I'm convinced they will start showing progress."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm started to feel sick of their news.
    It's too dramatic and I don't really think rexy are so free to give all this comments and everything to the press instead of tell to the kids directly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Story of BAM

From the mid to late 70s, Malaysian badminton had become bland. The last Thomas Cup victory in 1967 is but a dream. Afterwards, even getting to the final rounds was a challenge. We even had trouble against Thailand.

After Ng Boon Bee and Punch Gunalan retired, about the only world class players we had during the era was the 1st doubles pair of Dominic Soong/HC Cheah. Dominic has since emigrated to Canada, if I am not mistaken.

What did we win during that time? Hmm, let's see, Commonwealth Games and SEA Games Medals (only 1 of which is Gold, and that too from Sylvia Ng). We were overmatched even at SEA Games level, and our best team competition result was the 1976 Thomas Cup, where we qualified for the final only to be blanked by Indonesia.

BAM mgmt at that time was unspectacular.

Then came the Sidek brothers and Ong Beng Teong in 1980. From the time Misbun/Jalani Sidek qualified for the World Championship semis (losing to Ade Candra/Christian Hadinata) to when Misbun himself humbled the then All-England champion Prakash Padukone, BAM was aware that it has the necessary material to pose a serious challenge.

So what did BAM do? Nothing much. Even though Malaysia became one of the more dominant countries in badminton again, the critical aspect of coaching was not improved. Misbun Sidek had to resort to training by himself once to prepare for competition, and he proved his worth by beating many higher ranked players to finish runnerup.

It seemed that BAM had not much ambition at the time. This changed when Dr Elyas Omar (then Mof Kuala Lumpur) took over. First thing he did was to employ Chinese top drawer coaches. Fang Kaixiang became the 1st, followed by Han Jian, Yang Yang, Chen Changjie etc. Imagine this, within less than 6 months training under Coach Fang, Malaysia qualified for its 1st ever Thomas Cup final in 21 years. The title was to come 4 years later.

Elyas also adopted the open door policy, players can speak freely to him on whatever issues they have and he would try to resolve them.

After the Thomas Cup victory in 1992, players were starting to get spoilt with too many incentives and rewards (the origin of the big headed mentality). Such that in the Olympic Games a few months later, only Razif/Jalani Sidek managed to maintain their form and grab a bronze medal. Indonesia, humbled in the Thomas Cup, regained their pride with the (now married) pair of Alan Budi Kusuma and Susi Susanti. Not only that, they captured 3 of 4 MS semis slot.

With the success in 1992, aspiring politicians began to weave their web to take control of BAM Management (much like BWF now). Elyas Omar left, replaced by his politically strong deputy, but we never managed to regain the Thomas Cup or any high level titles. Veteran players (such as the Sidek Brothers) were very unhappy with the way Elyas was treated, they did not reconcile with the BAM until only recently.

Koo/Tan's victories in Doha Asiad and All-England seemed to show that BAM is regaining its form under the current (less political) leadership. But by now it has the added burden of big-headed players and the stigma from the BWF leadership crisis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. great info there on the history of Badminton Malaysia.
    How is Misbun doing during his days as a player?

I first started watching when Rashid and Foo Kok Keong played. Rashid is pretty much like today Chong Wei only Chong Wei are slightly more consistent. Both are skillful and agile but less powerfull play. Live under the shadow of Arbi/Ardy/Alan and Sun Jun, like today chong wei's LD/TH but still can beat them on a good day.
    But CW is now moving away under the shade of LD and TH.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Misbun had a certain medical condition that made his performance roughly inconsistent. He can beat the best players on some days and lose to unknowns on other days. Initially, I thought he was inconsistent until the info on his medical history came out.

But there was no doubting his talent. But I do wish he was given better quality coaching in his career. By the time Fang Kaixiang came along, Misbun was almost at the end of his career.

Err, Rashid is not like LCW at all, he has limited defense (exploited by Arbi on countless occasions including 1994 Thomas Cup final). Although he had better stamina, more consistent and is faster, I would rate Misbun as the better player overall. Rashid had the tendency to give up too easily, quite the opposite of Foo Kok Keong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You reminded me of a match between FooKK vs Ardy Wiranata (I think it's Thomas Cup 92). The match lasted in rubber sets and FooKK vomitted after the marathon match. He was a real fighter and I cant imagine if any players could last the match in long rallies. No smashing, just hitting four corners shots.

Rashid is very talented but mentally not strong (compared to FooKK). I'm not in the Misbun era so no comment but I heard his cross court drop was his best weapon. Anyway, all of them are great players and made us (Msians) proud.

Msia Boleh...!!!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast