User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Err, Rashid is not like LCW at all, he has limited defense (exploited by Arbi on countless occasions including 1994 Thomas Cup final). Although he had better stamina, more consistent and is faster, I would rate Misbun as the better player overall. Rashid had the tendency to give up too easily, quite the opposite of Foo Kok Keong.
    I vaguely remember that during one Thomas Cup match, Ardy B. Wiranata came back from 1-14 to actually level the score when playing either Foo or Rashid. I forgot who won the match

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    You reminded me of a match between FooKK vs Ardy Wiranata (I think it's Thomas Cup 92). The match lasted in rubber sets and FooKK vomitted after the marathon match. He was a real fighter and I cant imagine if any players could last the match in long rallies. No smashing, just hitting four corners shots.

Rashid is very talented but mentally not strong (compared to FooKK). I'm not in the Misbun era so no comment but I heard his cross court drop was his best weapon. Anyway, all of them are great players and made us (Msians) proud.

Msia Boleh...!!!
    Arhh...these could be the match I was mentioning? An excellent match which is still in my mind until now...although honestly I forgot who won the match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Arhh...these could be the match I was mentioning? An excellent match which is still in my mind until now...although honestly I forgot who won the match.
    If my memory serves me right, yes, this is the game. I glued on the TV screen for the match and if I'm not mistaken, it lasted more than 1hr . I think FooKK won but Ardy was a fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there's olympic to target on. lets hope the jalur gemilang can do well. Again, its all mental from now on. The coaches has already given all the have.
    rgds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ardy was the first MS during TC 1992 (he was playing Rashid). If I'm not wrong, the second MS was Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default About KKK/TBH: my guess

First thing first: if any of the current MD pairs around the world can reach the level of Ricky/Rexy, it got to be KKK/TBH. No other pair has any chance.

Then summary of my view: Both KKK and TBH are still young, in the sense that they still do not know themselves (regarding badminton of course). The recent drop of performance is due to both of them trying to play better. Fans and coaches should be patient. Rexy should remember that KKK/TBH is for 2012, not 2008.

Now my guess/analysis. TBH started to play elite badminton at the young age of 19, and it seemed all so easy -- these "great pairs" were like paper tigers, they were soooo weak! There seemed to be an infinity of possibilities lying ahead of him regarding how to play even better badminton. Consequently and not surprisingly, he lost himself.

Why KKK and TBH seem not in harmony on court now? When they started to pair, the roles are clear: KKK is the leader. But after they had convincingly beaten almost all the top MD pairs, it is inevitable that TBH started to have his own point of view about the game, and would not simply follow KKK's leadership. Now we have two egos clashing, neither is accepting the role the other assigns. No wonder the performance dropped.

But this is a good thing. This is a necessary preparation stage for their leap to an even higher level. When they have learned enough from failures, both KKK and TBH will know the limits of their abilities and more importantly how to use their abilities. Then they will reach a higher level of harmony, like that between Ricky/Rexy and Tony/Candra. And they will be a truly formidable pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe KKK and TBH should play a MS match and decide who the boss is on the court !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Interesting "guess" analysis..

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Why KKK and TBH seem not in harmony on court now? When they started to pair, the roles are clear: KKK is the leader.
    ..i would somewhat agree, ye333..IMO, KKK **should be** the leader (mentally & attitude) of the 2, because of his age/older and him being a bit more experience..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A bit off topic-Hmm, good recap..

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    But by now it has the added burden of big-headed players and the stigma from the BWF leadership crisis.
    (rest of abedeng's comprehensive acct. of BAM's history snipped for brevity-thanks btw)..
    ..So, in your opinion, what could be the underlying factor in M'sia's badminton "unstable" (if that's the right word) history?? Is it simply leadership??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-21-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KKK/TBH is in another transition period. They need to fine tune their mentality on court. Personally they dont have any problem with each other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    KKK/TBH is in another transition period. They need to fine tune their mentality on court. Personally they dont have any problem with each other.
    yesterday
    ESPN-malaysia had special report and discussed about KKK/TBH's downhill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist View Post
    yesterday
    ESPN-malaysia had special report and discussed about KKK/TBH's downhill

I saw that too... its just media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    I saw that too... its just media.
    Whatever it is, let just hopes they will stay focus on the task ahead..
    It is not easy to find such an exciting pairs nowadays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ants...yesterday on ESPN KKK said that he's still figuring out the problems with his partnership with TBH....can clarify that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Hey ants...yesterday on ESPN KKK said that he's still figuring out the problems with his partnership with TBH....can clarify that?
    i heard that 2 on tv....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Now, both KKK and TBH should have equal say

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post

Why KKK and TBH seem not in harmony on court now? When they started to pair, the roles are clear: KKK is the leader. But after they had convincingly beaten almost all the top MD pairs, it is inevitable that TBH started to have his own point of view about the game, and would not simply follow KKK's leadership. Now we have two egos clashing, neither is accepting the role the other assigns. No wonder the performance dropped.

Now, both KKK and TBH should have equal say.

What I've read from Rexy's comments (if I am not wrong) is that, KKK does not appreciate more of TBH's strength, but worries more about TBH's weakness. No wonder TBH is not satisfied.

TBH does not have vulnerable weakness anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    That partnership means their communication and roles on court.
    In terms of personal relationship with each other they are ok.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast