User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 222
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What goes up must come down. To get it up again, we need to fill the balloon with 'light' gas - not heavy ********.

    In the case of KKK-TBH, my advice is to softly persuade them to focus rather than heavy handed punishing workloads. They need words of wisdom to charge them up, not whiplashes. They need fatherly advice, not teacher's tongue lashing. They need comradeship, not confrontation. I think Rexy is beginning to find that he needs to change tact -- just two or three months ago, everything was going hunky dory, then suddenly everything seemed to fail with all the pairs.

    Rexy must get the players to be pro-active in their thinking, e.g. question on their own failures and not depend solely on the coach to seek them out to tell them. As they say failing to plan is planning to fail. I think most of these youngsters are still 'raw' in their thoughts and when things do not work, their world crumble. They must learn how to create opportunities in their thoughts; how to master emotion, and how to overcome failures (as I said plan properly, and if this fails, have an alternative, and if that fails too, have another).

    I think LCW will now send a signal to all in the team that success is achievable, even after a huge setback. I clearly want to see a 'RETURN of DARTH VADER' in all our young pairs.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Rexy just had a long meeting with the boys today after our lunch today.

    Anyway I do agree that some of the antics by the players ( not only KKK/TBH ) does irked the coach.

    But sometimes, these kids just don't know how to do post-game studies. They are not educated or shown how to do it. What they know is the daily routine coaching, talk with coach etc..
    Which i think there is still room for improvement. I think i will make time to have a chat with Rexy regarding some matters.
    Let us organise lunch with Rexy (and Nasi Padang, his favourite in Jalan Sultan Ismail) - you date him and I buy. I am real.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    In this case...we need Rexy back to INA....

    Rexy will know where to find INA players hang around...
    Not yet...let Rexy stay in Malaysia ...MAS badly needs him....
    If Rexy is back to Ina...the competition in the MD will not be stiff....It's good to have Rexy in MAS so that the world MD power is balanced

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    M'sia
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    What goes up must come down. To get it up again, we need to fill the balloon with 'light' gas - not heavy ********.

    In the case of KKK-TBH, my advice is to softly persuade them to focus rather than heavy handed punishing workloads. They need words of wisdom to charge them up, not whiplashes. They need fatherly advice, not teacher's tongue lashing. They need comradeship, not confrontation. I think Rexy is beginning to find that he needs to change tact -- just two or three months ago, everything was going hunky dory, then suddenly everything seemed to fail with all the pairs.

    Rexy must get the players to be pro-active in their thinking, e.g. question on their own failures and not depend solely on the coach to seek them out to tell them. As they say failing to plan is planning to fail. I think most of these youngsters are still 'raw' in their thoughts and when things do not work, their world crumble. They must learn how to create opportunities in their thoughts; how to master emotion, and how to overcome failures (as I said plan properly, and if this fails, have an alternative, and if that fails too, have another).

    I think LCW will now send a signal to all in the team that success is achievable, even after a huge setback. I clearly want to see a 'RETURN of DARTH VADER' in all our young pairs.

    Well maybe Rexy should learn a thing or two from Misbun. . IMO he should learn Emotional Intelligance.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    What goes up must come down. To get it up again, we need to fill the balloon with 'light' gas - not heavy ********.

    In the case of KKK-TBH, my advice is to softly persuade them to focus rather than heavy handed punishing workloads. They need words of wisdom to charge them up, not whiplashes. They need fatherly advice, not teacher's tongue lashing. They need comradeship, not confrontation. I think Rexy is beginning to find that he needs to change tact -- just two or three months ago, everything was going hunky dory, then suddenly everything seemed to fail with all the pairs.

    Rexy must get the players to be pro-active in their thinking, e.g. question on their own failures and not depend solely on the coach to seek them out to tell them. As they say failing to plan is planning to fail. I think most of these youngsters are still 'raw' in their thoughts and when things do not work, their world crumble. They must learn how to create opportunities in their thoughts; how to master emotion, and how to overcome failures (as I said plan properly, and if this fails, have an alternative, and if that fails too, have another).

    I think LCW will now send a signal to all in the team that success is achievable, even after a huge setback. I clearly want to see a 'RETURN of DARTH VADER' in all our young pairs.
    Could it be Misbun Sidek is the type of 'soft persuader' that's why LCW able to get back to his feet in JO?

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Planet of Lords
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    Not yet...let Rexy stay in Malaysia ...MAS badly needs him....
    If Rexy is back to Ina...the competition in the MD will not be stiff....It's good to have Rexy in MAS so that the world MD power is balanced
    And if REXY went back to INA.. all their current MD will be dis balanced..

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darien View Post
    Could it be Misbun Sidek is the type of 'soft persuader' that's why LCW able to get back to his feet in JO?
    LOL, I know you put it sarcastically but unknowingly, you might be saying the right thing. I have been admiring the soft persuading skills of Misbun -- his 'fatherly' approach to motivating LCW is absolutely touching and it worked. Even when LCW lost in the WC, he did not blast him. It is no wonder LCW has that relationship with Misbun.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Let us organise lunch with Rexy (and Nasi Padang, his favourite in Jalan Sultan Ismail) - you date him and I buy. I am real.
    In North America, guy dating guy is err.....well you know what I mean...I think you meant to say 'you invite Rexy out for lunch and I buy'.

  9. #26
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,436
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    In North America, guy dating guy is err.....well you know what I mean...I think you meant to say 'you invite Rexy out for lunch and I buy'.
    oh no..is Xball coming out from Closet??? thats okay with me....I live in LA..... just kidding !!! thats funny...!!

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    LOL, I know you put it sarcastically but unknowingly, you might be saying the right thing. I have been admiring the soft persuading skills of Misbun -- his 'fatherly' approach to motivating LCW is absolutely touching and it worked. Even when LCW lost in the WC, he did not blast him. It is no wonder LCW has that relationship with Misbun.
    Agree with you they are like Ying Yang...balanced and harmony...Misbun calm, relaxed and encouraging approach suits LCW well...With all the praise and admiration heap onto Misbun, rightfully so he earns it...just hope fans understand badminton is a game of up and down, when Misbun charges falter, fans should give him a break and refrain from hard bashing...for now, advise Misbun to enjoy the moment and milk all the accolades.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    In North America, guy dating guy is err.....well you know what I mean...I think you meant to say 'you invite Rexy out for lunch and I buy'.
    I know lah. I was cracking one by saying that to ANTS.

  12. #29
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hmm, does this..

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    What goes up must come down.

    I think LCW will now send a signal to all in the team that success is achievable, even after a huge setback. I clearly want to see a 'RETURN of DARTH VADER' in all our young pairs.
    ...apply to LCW also??..

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah rite !!! I have been hearing this zillons of times already, its like singing to a cow. If the players are not motivated to win, there is nothing Rexy can do to make a difference.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Without mixing words, an irate Rexy stated categorically that he wants to see improvement in the Malaysian doubles pairs or else there would be a change in strategy in sending players to play overseas. As it is, he wants to send only 3 pairs each time and the teams have got to fight for those 3 spots.

    He wants hunger to come back into the team. He is particularly scathing the way the team had played recently -- he basically said they played like sissies (albeit a bit more polite).

    He was not happy with everyone, including KKK-TBH. He mentioned that instead of coming to him to ask why they lost, they disappeared to hide and he had to look for them (this is madness for a coach to have to do that).

    Having read this also in the press, I can only conclude the players are very shallow in their thinking. The coach has to 'mollycuddle' them - and to think they have won titles. Rexy said that they think they are great players even though they have lost (this really makes me fume when I read it -- what makes them think they are so good).

    I think the Malaysian pairs will not win if they keep up their 'star' status. It is time to bring them down to earth. And I empower Rexy to get them back into respectability!
    How will these half baked shallow prima donnas gonna learn when BAM continue to instill a culture of mollycuddling and breast feeding??

    I have said it before and will say it again. Rexy is wasting his time and talents with these bunch of dead weights. Rexy is a legend and a winner and he certainly deserve better than chase after the coatails of these wanna be prima donnas. rexy should do what Morten Frost and Park Joo Bong all did before him, dump BAM and head to other countries where the set up is more professional.

    We aint gonna win the Olympic gold next year period. We will participate yes but win, we will not. Only true winners get to stand on that podium with that Olympic gold medal not so called half cooked 'stars'.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    How will these half baked shallow prima donnas gonna learn when BAM continue to instill a culture of mollycuddling and breast feeding??

    I have said it before and will say it again. Rexy is wasting his time and talents with these bunch of dead weights. Rexy is a legend and a winner and he certainly deserve better than chase after the coatails of these wanna be prima donnas. rexy should do what Morten Frost and Park Joo Bong all did before him, dump BAM and head to other countries where the set up is more professional.

    We aint gonna win the Olympic gold next year period. We will participate yes but win, we will not. Only true winners get to stand on that podium with that Olympic gold medal not so called half cooked 'stars'.
    Well, Rexy needs to make a living and BAM is the sustenance. Maybe he will be able to persuade them to change, everything has a beginning.

  16. #33
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Let us organise lunch with Rexy (and Nasi Padang, his favourite in Jalan Sultan Ismail) - you date him and I buy. I am real.
    So far lah... we usualy eat nearby the training center.

    Let me have a 1 on 1 session with him 1st. Next one i invite u.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Well, Rexy needs to make a living and BAM is the sustenance. Maybe he will be able to persuade them to change, everything has a beginning.
    Rexy is in demand and I am pretty sure other nations would pick him up almost immediately once he ditch BAM.

    Persuade our national shuttlers/BAM to change?? Thats a tall order and I doubt it is possible.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How is ranking determined within each Group
    By pcll99 in forum Super Series Final 2011
    Replies: 20
    : 12-16-2011, 09:05 PM
  2. tall people slide more?
    By Jackalan in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 13
    : 07-06-2009, 08:49 AM
  3. Misbun determined to get Chong Wei back on his feet
    By ixory in forum World Championships 2007
    Replies: 28
    : 08-24-2007, 05:31 AM
  4. Bid to check Hafizís slide
    By ants in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 4
    : 09-14-2005, 09:48 AM
  5. split and slide...
    By ^Tayo^ in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 7
    : 10-23-2004, 07:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •