chris@ccc is £750,000 richer

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by chris-ccc, Sep 18, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Greetings,

I have just received this mail;

============ start mail =============

Swiss Lottery Board,
    P O Box 1010
    Liverpool,
    L70 1NL UNITED KINGDOM
    (Customer Services)
    REF NO: SL/74/368/05
    BATCH NO:SL-121-LT-11-12-05
    ONLINE NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you that your e-mail address has won the Swiss On-line Lottery.

Therefore you have been approved for a lump sum payout £750,000.00) Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pounds Sterling in the Swiss On-line Lottery program held on 15th September 2007, and released today 16th September 2007.

The online cyber lotto draws was conducted from an exclusive list of 21,000 email addresses of individual and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the internet, no tickets were sold. After this automated computer ballot, your e-mail ID emerged as one of the winners in the 3rd category.

You are therefore been approve to lump sum of £750,000.00(GBP). To file and claim your winning, please contact our Fiduciary Agent for the processing of your winning particulars, with the following information™s below.

To file for your claim, please contact our
    United Kingdom Lottery Fiduciary
    Contact Person: Mr. Micheal Anderson
    EMAIL: informationofficer22@yahoo.co.uk

Provide him with the information below:
    1.Full Name:..................................
    2.Full Address:.............................
    3.Status:.......................................
    4.Occupation:................................
    5.Age:...........................................
    6.Gender:...........................................
    7.Country:.....................................
    8.Tel.Number:................................
    9 Valid ID card ..............................

Congratulations once more from all members and staff of this program.

Sincerely,
    Mrs. Rose Wood
    Swiss On-line Lottery.

============= end mail ============

Am I to believe this mail? :confused::confused::confused:

Cheers... chris@ccc

2. kitseb

kitseb Regular Member

Consultant
    I don't think so:crying::crying::crying: an obvious attempt at identity theft? I am surprised they didn't ask for bank account numbers and inside leg measurement.

If only it were true - hope it is.:)

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

We should not disclose our bank account number

Hi kitseb,

Yeah... I would not be surprised if they will ask me for my bank account number later. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Chris, remember to donate some to BC! ;)

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Donations to BC

Hi kwun,

If I win that amount of money, I would surely donate some to Badminton Central. :):):)

And the balance, I would build a Badminton Centre here in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers... chris@ccc

#5 chris-ccc, Sep 18, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  6. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

if it's true, i think you should buy all the regular members here a commemorative racquet to celebrate your winnings. though how much there'll be left after doing that might be rather insignificant!

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I have alot of these mails/emails. Its a scam.

8. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

look at where the email need to be sent to. it's clearly just created and used by scammer.

9. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    lolz google the place...if it exists, call it and check it out...otherwise, i doubt it to be true XD

10. Natrificial

Natrificial Regular Member

Articling Student
    i get like 6 of these a day... no real lottery conducts business this way.

11. xXazn_romeoXx

maybe they just really want you to take their money ;) ahha

12. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I dont think there is any FREE meal in the world !

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D I wonder how much the "administrative fees" will be this time?? Obviously it's a well known scam yet people still fall for it every now and then :rolleyes:
    Just like "inheritance" mails from Nigeria and others :p. They will ask for a fee to do all the paperwork etc. Could be a couple of thousand dollars which some idiots are prepared to pay because what's a couple thousand bucks compared to 750.000 pounds :rolleyes:.

#13 demolidor, Sep 18, 2007
  14. xXazn_romeoXx

yup...but there's nothing funny about..."Identity Theft"...DUN DUN DUN!!!

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Now chris@ccc is 20% of £5,000,000 richer

Hi Natrificial,

Did you give my email address away ??? :):):) Something is going on......

Here is another mail just received. And this time, it mentions bank account.

============ start mail ============

Mr Paul Glover.
    Hemel Hempstead Hospital
    Hillfield Road
    Hemel Hempstead
    HP2 4AD
    England.

Here writes Mr Paul Glover, suffering from cancerous ailment. I am into private practice all my life and do not have time for myself or any other things,except making money via my numerous business.I was once married but after three decades without child i have to continue my life.

I am writing this email to you because i want entrust the sum of 5 Million (Five Million) Great Britain Pounds Sterling which were derived from my vast estates and investment in capital market with A Bank here in UK for the good work of charity in your country.
    Presently, this money is still with the Bank.

Recently, my Doctor told me that I have limited days to live due to the cancerous problems I am suffering from. Though what bothers me most is the stroke that I have in addition to the cancer. With this hard reality that has befallen my family, and me I have decided to donate this fund to you and want you to use this gift which comes from my effort to fund the upkeep of widows, widowers, orphans, destitute, the down-trodden, physically challenged children, barren-women and persons who prove to be genuinely handicapped financially,for doing this you will be entitle to 20%.

I made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the less-privileged individuals as i had passion for persons who can not help themselves due to physical disability or financial predicament. I can adduce this to the fact that i do not have a Child from my late wife, which never came.

It is often said that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I do not have any child that will inherit this money and my relatives are bourgeois and very wealthy persons and I do not want my hard earned money to be misused or invested into ill perceived ventures. I do not want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner, hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be with the Almighty when I eventually pass on. The Almighty will fight my case and I shall hold my peace. I do not need any telephone communication in this regard due to my deteriorating health and my doctors advise. With God all things are possible.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank. I will also issue you a Letter of Authority that will empower you as the original beneficiary of this fund. My happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation. Please always be prayerful all through your life.

Please assure me that you will act just as I have stated herein. Hope to hear from you soon and God bless you and members of your family. Reply to my mail through my email address: mrpaulglover001@gmail.com

Mr Paul Glover.

============ end mail ============

I don't know what I have done to get all these emails (why all the sudden ???) and to deserve all these moneys. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It's a spam & for the sake of your wallet..

..and like ants wrote, it's a scam---ignore & delete them!!:p..I, too, get lots of those in my email..every single day, i may add!!:rolleyes::mad:
    Btw, which email service do you have, chris@ccc?? If you have Yahoo!, there's a Bulk folder, esp. there to store those spams!!:p

17. Type 100

Type 100 Regular Member

I work in IT and data security is a major issue in our office.

The rule of thumb with email is if you're not expecting it or it's not from someone you know, don't even open it (unless you're sure it's really for you). Delete it right away. There are viruses and malware that can launch just by the simple act of opening an email message.

A number of my friends' Yahoo! accounts have been hacked also. Do change passwords regularly and make them hard to guess.

#17 Type 100, Sep 18, 2007
  18. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    What he said.

[SHOEPOLISH]
    Either way, if you do win it for real, congratulations in advance, mate. I've always liked you as a guy and I think you're the closest thing to a hero that I've always wanted. Always respected you as member, when I count my blessings I include meeting you as one of them. Such an awesome guy! You deserved it, bucko! :)
    [/SHOEPOLISH]

19. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    if it's not a scam i'd quit badminton forever

they will actually make you think that the transaction is near complete......and then finally ask for your credit card number etc
    I think i learnt enough scam psychology from online games....hahaha

But anyway.....some time ago i created a Paypal account attempting to receive funds(selling online games stuff), and i had to give paypal my bank acct number(together with all my REAL particulars).

Then they froze my paypal account saying there might be risk of unsafe transaction blabla....and kept forcing me to transfer funds into my paypal account. i didn't transfer a cent in and i let the $600+ balance in the account rot away. now just wondering if they could do anything to my bank account. guess they can't take anything away right?

So be wary of paypal guys

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

The 'give away' on this email is the email address that it came from -- which organisation would use a yahoo email address to email such an important message out.

A friend actually got one of these and he wanted to see how they were going to trick him. So he wrote to them to prove to him that they actually had the money -- these guys had it worked out coz they even created an account under his name in a HK bank for him to take a peep in and an office in HK for him to call (always ringing but no one answering or something like we are very busy - you are in a queue message).

The bank sounded like DeutschBank (the German one but it is not -- it was spelt one character too many) and the user name (his name) and password signed in to this account with USD 42,000,000. My friend said his heartbeat thumped unusually fast -- for a little minute, he thought to himself maybe he could be that lucky. But sanity came back to him after a few slaps on the face.

So beware, they could go to all this extent to nap you.