how would you know an original Yonex racket?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Arnold T. Syquio, Apr 10, 2002.

1. I got a cab 22 it doesnt have a serial no. at the side of the grip they say that an original yonex racket has serial nos. is this true?, can you tell me how to know an original yonex racket from a fake one.

2. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Could you provide more details, such as when you bought the racquet and where and from whom you bought the racquet? What other markings are there on your racquet - any engravings or stickers setting forth grip size, weight, string tension, etc...?

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    You can also provide details about the paint job and stuff to see if there is anything suspicious. Even look at the green cap at the bottom of the racket to see if it's a one piece cap (also pay attention to the logo).

4. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    Dear Arnold T. Syquio,

I also have a Cab 22 sp version. Apart from its paintjob, new logo, botton cap, lazer sticker and yellow PBSI logo on the cone, you can slight bend the shaft to feel if it is stiff or flexible. A genuine Cab 22's shaft is very stiff, compared to other Yonex rackets.

Besides, it should come with a full cover with wording "Carbonex 22" near the handle part.

Please help to check it. I hope your Cab 22 is a genuine one.

YY Fan

5. ma mon luk

ma mon luk Guest

if bought from tobys its fake

6. timbuktu

timbuktu Guest

toby's!!!! definitely FAKE!!!

7. timbuktu

timbuktu Guest

i can't play with the original grip that come with the racquet. the real yonex racquets will have a barcode on the wooden surface of the grip once you take out the original grip. there also needs to be a serial number on the cone and the shaft. 1234567CP or 123456JP whatever. the last two letters are to tell you for which market the racquet was intended for. if you are from manila, i'd be very cautious in buying racquets in the 2000 - 4000 peso price range. the real yonex racquets i've seen so far are at planet sports but the cost is out of this world.

hope this helps and happy smashin!!!