Racquet shopping in Singapore

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Prassi, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Prassi

Prassi Guest

Hi,
    Does anyone know the best places to shop for a racquet in Singapore, I'm planning on purchasing a Ti-10 regular 3U , any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

2. Robbie

Robbie Guest

just how much are ti 10's out of curiosity

3. Ah Wong

Ah Wong Regular Member

Please refer
    http://www.badmintonforum.com/forums/read.php?f=4&i=10765&t=10765

Strongly recommend sports shops in Bras Basah Complex. There, the price is reasonable. 2 shops on ground level and 2 on level 3. The one that I go to is at level 3, Zenith Sports. Beside Yonex, they have Winex and Ashaway racquets.

Happy Shopping

4. Ah Wong

Ah Wong Regular Member

<> sgd160 w/o string

5. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Prassi,

You won't have any luck with 3U Ti-10s in Singapore, they do not exist here !

Best price you can ever get the Ti-10 here ? SG$145. That's the best any of the guys got for the racket.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Try this website. They might have the 3U if you email them.

http://www.luxissportnet.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi

7. Ah Beng

Ah Beng Guest

I can get one at S$150 with Yonex BG- 85 strings.Matt wrote:

8. cahdeso

cahdeso Regular Member

PhD student in Australia (final Year), Lecturer in
    Brisbane Australia and Lampung, Indonesia
    To Gladius (was Re: Racquet shopping in Singapore)

Hi Gladius,

which store was that selling for that price? I'll be in singapore next July. Thanks. Is it the one in Bras Basah? which level?

9. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Shops

You can try either Zenith or Ranking Sports. Both are on the 3rd floor.

However, it will have to come with some hard 'bargaining'. Think they will offer you at the best $160 if they sense that you're very keen. Think you'll be quite happy if you can get it at $150.

Best of luck.

10. cahdeso

cahdeso Regular Member

PhD student in Australia (final Year), Lecturer in
    Brisbane Australia and Lampung, Indonesia
    Re: Shops

Hi Gladius,

Somebody just told me that in SG, we can get Ti-10/MP100, for only SG$130-135, have you ever heard about this? It is true and real. When i'm there next july, i should get a few of them. In Australia, uhhhh too expensive, and there is only one retailer selling them.

11. modious

modious Regular Member

Well u definately can't get the MP 100 at SG$130-$135!!
    The lowest price for the MP-100 is around SG$160-$180.

As for the Ti-10, I don't think many pple know where THAT place is that can sell at SG$130. Right Gladius? :)

12. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer

Well Modious,

I shall decline to talk more about the place since we gave our word. Anyway, I've not mentioned anything about it to anyone except some in our regular badminton group. But someone seems very intent on making some quick bucks out of it... You know who I'm referring to ...

In any case to everyone else, I'm not selling rackets myself and I have no reason to tell you otherwise of the best prices you can get at the shops. The names and places we've mentioned are the places we always go to as regulars and some of the shops know us personally. We get minor discounts for whatever accessories we buy as regular customers, but we don't get any kickbacks in terms of profits.

The only reasons we do patronise them is that they offer the best prices and friendly service with a smile.

These ARE the SHOPS with the CHEAPEST prices in Singapore.

MP-100 at SG$130-135 ? Fat hope .... maybe if you contact the Asia-Pacific Distributor based here and order 100 pieces at one go ..with cash advance up front.... ?

13. |S|R

|S|R Guest

"making quick bucks" here does not sound that ethical or is that unimportant??
    now hands up those who have been accessory to the person "very intent on making some quick bucks".

14. modious

modious Regular Member

I don't think that person was intending to "make some quick bucks" out of it.
    He was just giving some good advice to pple who wanted to get the racket perhaps?
    I mean, how much more can he charge (stand to gain) if he mentioned that the racket was S$130?

15. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer

No I did not refer to the person disclosing the possibility of making such a deal.

I'm just questioning the intent of making a good profit out of ones friends even though they trust you. That's that person I'm referring to.

It sounds stupid no doubt, but its a question of ethics. If you can't even trust your friends regarding MINOR financial transactions such as these, how can you ever hope to trust the person on anything else ?

16. jhl

jhl Regular Member

agree absolutely.

"I'm just questioning the intent of making a good profit out of ones friends even though they trust you."
    -it is precisely the fact that those friends put the trust in that person that imho makes the conduct of that person even more questionable.

"If you can't even trust your friends regarding MINOR financial transactions such as these, how can you ever hope to trust the person on anything else ?"
    -now the thought of: "was one of those he took for a ride?" is not nice.

and on the question of ethics, the thought for the day:

would you do something to prevent one of your friends from being fleeced in the future?

17. Ah Beng

Ah Beng Guest

I just ordered a Yonex Ti- Swing Power SR with Cyber Natural 100 strings for $188 from Zenith Sports.

18. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student

gladius wrote:
    "But someone seems very intent on making some quick bucks out of it... You know who I'm referring to ..." i believe i am the one that gladius is talking about and i admit... i do earn money... be it from friends, acquaintances, etc

call it quick bucks, easy money whatever. but put yourself in my "customer's" shoe. Shop A sells racket Z for $336, shop B for $230, shop C for $160 and I sell at $160. Who would you prefer? who would you buy from? me or the shops? who would you allow to earn your money? your friend or a stanger?

Hell! if you buy from me, i can even string it for you! i give you the extra service of stringing it for you and literally delivering it to you.

ethnics...i would never jeopardize a relationship... so what do i do? i always quote them the price that they will get if they go to the shop by themselves. Those who don't know about bras basah? Alow! it'll be stupid to assume that they will not find the place out eventually...

ok. for those who know the existance of bras basah and even the "$130 for ti10" shop... you know what i know... but why is it that i can quote you the price that they sell and still earn a margin? you know everything that i know and you have what i have...i wasnt born a genius, i dont have two mouths or something and i'm only 18!.... so why can't you do it? why cant you sell ti10s for 130 and still earn?

Thought for the week:
    why can't i sell rackets at market prices and still earn...

19. Becker

Becker Guest

Hi!
    Do the shops accept credit cards in Bras Basah complex ?

20. Ah Beng

Ah Beng Guest

anyone no new shops to recommend