User Tag List

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Imagine..

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    LOL my friend, you really have free time today, it has gone from pg 18 to 22 in just a couple of hours.
    ..if Pemuda never signed up to join BC or if he did but kept quiet, this thread would probably still sit on the 4th page...at the very least, he's entertained us..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck View Post
    It is dismal to see everyone ganging up on Pemuda.

And I can hear the retort, "Well he deserves it."
    people are not ganging up on him i think. they are just responding to his posts. as is what usually happens in a forum. and really, i just think that some people just dont understand his reasoning. that's all. and so they debate. exchanging facts from other sources and such. ganging up would be everybody attacking him personally. most of them are just disputing his posts.

Now, bean-counting statistics joining the fray. I'll just point out a few things here. The Malaysian players are now nowhere near the leagues of established encumbent players. Despite the high world ranking, it's so paper-thin.

Nadal will never get the accolades of Federer, for example, because Federer is in Sampras' and other greats, while Nadal is somewhere along "the best of the rest."
    agree that malaysian players cannot really be counted as one of the greats yet since they still have much to prove. and yes nadal might always play second fiddle to federer but on a good day, nadal could beat federer convincingly and on his favourite surface those chances are better. top players are not undefeatable. and so nadal could win the OG as much as federer could. because the topic of this thread is whether a malaysian can win a gold and so, to say it is impossible is, in my opinion, kinda too conclusive. there are no sure thing in sports. favourites can lose and underdogs can win. simple as that.

I find it difficult to group Lee Chong Wei along the ranks of Taufik Hidayat, Peter Gade, Lin Dan, Chen Hong for example.

I find it difficult to group Koo Kean Keat/Tan Boon Heong alongside Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen (formerly), Fu Hai Feng/Cai Yun.

It's hard to hear this, Malaysian-fans, but the current state of Malaysian Badminton successes still register as statistical anomalies.

Now, statistically, you can focus on the random highs and get excited, but the huge troughs/lows are too glaring to ignore.
    again i agree that maybe LCW and KKK/TBH are not yet established enough to be considered one of the greats. i was a little disappointed by KKK/TBH's performance against korea during the TC qualifications tourney in vietnam. but to dismiss them so easily like they are nothing at all in the badminton arena due to some bad performances and signs of mental weakness is denying the fact that they have won before and against those considered as greats before. i hope they will be counted as one of the greats by the end of their career but if they dont all i would ask for is that they do their best.

Pemuda, I would advise you (it's very presumptuous, but I mean it politely) to allow others a little freedom in their expressions and hopes. Many silent readers are behind you, but past experience makes it prudent to stay silent.
    -dave
    no problem debating as long as it stays on course. but that is sometimes hard to do as evident by the many closed threads and as there are many silent readers behind pemuda, there are many silent readers against him too. all is fair i think. no harm done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Let's hope..

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    no problem debating as long as it stays on course. but that is sometimes hard to do as evident by the many closed threads
    ..this thread won't get locked and hope someone brings a can (or 2) of WD40 cos the wheels of this threadwagon is about to spin again...maybe all the way til the OG in August..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 02-29-2008 at 03:28 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) It is dismal to see everyone ganging up on Pemuda.

And I can hear the retort, "Well he deserves it."

2) It's hard to hear this, Malaysian-fans, but the current state of Malaysian Badminton successes still register as statistical anomalies.

Now, statistically, you can focus on the random highs and get excited, but the huge troughs/lows are too glaring to ignore.
    1) In real life, most Msian side(+sports ministry, NSC,media, fans) have Pemuda's point of view, so, we ehem "msian hordes" fans are the minority . I already repeated this many times.
    In real life, it's our views who are laughed at. They also laughed at those who dared to believe that KKK/TBH could win 2006 AG MD gold after dismal results in the team events.
    So, you & the 'silent readers' are part of the majority .
    It takes guts to be the minority, he he.

Interestingly, there are also non Msians who seem puzzled with the lack of pariotism/support for Msian players amongst the general Msian population. So, the real life situation is different, to say the least.

2) We already know this for many years & it's very often lamented in the Msian media & by the sports authorities. Stimes read it till sick of it, so, how could we ignore it. You didnt see it posted here doesnt mean it wasnt featured.

But once again, as myself & other BCers already pointed out many times, what can actually be done by ordinary fans? Launch a protest & pressure our 'beloved' decision makers ? we can choose to continue lamenting like the majority or look beyond that(no offense meant to you or the 'silent readers').

Unless I can actually change things, then only would I spend time & energy devising such strategies, if not the grouses/comments/complaints will just come to nought.

Btw, I'm sure you know Badmania is an Indonesian & an ardent Indonesia fan. Now, why would non Msians come up (Badmania wasnt the only one) & defend Msia players ?hmmmm
    On Msia baddy statistics & comparisions with other players,I'll let a non Msian answer it.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 02-29-2008 at 03:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmmm..

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Btw, I'm sure you know Badmania is an Indonesian & an ardent Indonesia fan.
    Now, why would non Msians come up (Badmania wasnt the only one) & defend Msia players ?hmmmm
    ..i thought badMania admitted he had too much time on his hands, thus his banters w/Pemuda??...
    Btw, with a screen-name like badMania, it's not a surprise he was quite persistent w/Pemuda, wasn't he??..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..i thought badMania admitted he had too much time on his hands, thus his banters w/Pemuda??...
    Btw, with a screen-name like badMania, it's not a surprise he was quite persistent w/Pemuda, wasn't he??..
    He can do other things with his free time - like analysing German Open results where Indonesia players are entered. The fact he feels strongly enuf abt it to comment on it & this is not 1st time, as you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    so you are not going to answer the question? too afraid to make a stand? or just making sure you have a backdoor exit just in case? no bold letter now and i am asking you nicely....
    Let me answer it for you - it is doom and gloom. LCW will not win AE nor will there be gold to take home in the Olympics. KKK has too many rings and the blonde does not signify he will win gold.

All hopefuls are just that - they will bite the dust and know that Malaysian badminton is just a 'put-on'. The authorities are killing the game. There is too much rantings by the hopefuls. We pamper our players and many players are millionaires and they cannot play well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Gold???

Just finished watching the MAS KOR Thomas Cup MD match: Lee Jae Jin & Jin Jae Sung Vs Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong.

For want of a sterner word, 'ordinary' would fully describe the Malaysian pair's current game. Unless they have an unopened bag of skills, court-craft and power hidden away somewhere, it's difficult to hope that they can make it to the Olympic upper draw, let alone win the gold

When even an unfancied, error-prone, no-big-deal pair like this Korean duo can beat them, Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong would be lucky to not be eaten alive by pairs like Markis Kido & Hendra Setiawan or Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng, not to mention the resurgent Danish pairs.

If you do have the time, count the number of errors the Korean pair made.
    Subtract that from the score... and it does seem that Rexy has quite a pathetic team leading the quest for an Olympic badminton doubles gold

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oldhand, the way you described KKK/TBH, no wonder Rexy wants to quit! I'm sure XBall will prove you wrong! This team has announced recently that they will be in time to hit the form they produced at the last AE and retain the title.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..this thread won't get locked and hope someone brings a can (or 2) of WD40 cos the wheels of this threadwagon is about to spin again...maybe all the way til the OG in August..
    We don't really want to lock any threads but there are a lot of off topic posts and sidetracking away from 'main' issues. Let's try and keep on track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Just finished watching the MAS KOR Thomas Cup MD match: Lee Jae Jin & Jin Jae Sung Vs Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong.

For want of a sterner word, 'ordinary' would fully describe the Malaysian pair's current game. Unless they have an unopened bag of skills, court-craft and power hidden away somewhere, it's difficult to hope that they can make it to the Olympic upper draw, let alone win the gold

When even an unfancied, error-prone, no-big-deal pair like this Korean duo can beat them, Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong would be lucky to not be eaten alive by pairs like Markis Kido & Hendra Setiawan or Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng, not to mention the resurgent Danish pairs.

Subtract that from the score... and it does seem that Rexy has quite a pathetic team leading the quest for an Olympic badminton doubles gold
    Ur view of that game.i couldnt say it is wrong.the line to determine authencity of an opinion was too ambigous.but i couldnt agree too.Mistakes are made.bad mistakes.But kkk/tbh are still on the right track.5 months left.
    They start from zero n in three months,got gold medal for malaysia in asian games after 25 years.This 5 months,find the new fresh kkk/tbh back.

I didnt watch the game.i'll say this honestly.

No matter how bad they played now,(as what u have told us here.)
    i will still hope they would be better next day.next tournament.next month.N peaked in olympic.

Nothing wrong with revealing their weaknesses now.nothing is wrong with this.But i couldnt resist from bashing malaysians who said WE CANT WIN.We are in the olympic.Chances are there.why keep saying we are not going to win?
    i will say malaysia can win the gold.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Oldhand, the way you described KKK/TBH, no wonder Rexy wants to quit! I'm sure XBall will prove you wrong! This team has announced recently that they will be in time to hit the form they produced at the last AE and retain the title.
    We've been through quite a few announcements by now.
    That's hardly going to help in Malaysia's quest for gold.

These boys have shown that when they get their act together, no one can stand in their way.
    The question now is, can they get their act together again?

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    ...No matter how bad they played now,(as what u have told us here.) i will still hope they would be better next day.next tournament.next month.N peaked in olympic.

Nothing wrong with revealing their weaknesses now.nothing is wrong with this.But i couldnt resist from bashing malaysians who said WE CANT WIN.We are in the olympic.Chances are there.why keep saying we are not going to win?
    i will say malaysia can win the gold.
    There's no reason why Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong can't win an Olympic gold. However, there's no way they can win it playing like they are now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no reason why Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong can't win an Olympic gold. However, there's no way they can win it playing like they are now
    For my (and other INA fans) selfish reason, let's hope your words materialize

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A much fairer assessment than "They won't ever win it and anybody who disagrees is stupid".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    A much fairer assessment than "They won't ever win it and anybody who disagrees is stupid".

That cannot be any more truthful !

There are a few who basically try to laugh us (the hopefuls) off -why ? I remember everyone once wrote LCW off before the IO and said he hadn't a chance in a million-and he won it easily. I also remember when KKK-TBH had their problems winning, they came back and won. All doubters had to 'eat crows'.

So give us a break those who think they are so smart to predict woes - we know better. Save your pessimism for yourself - we have everything to hope for but not you.

And there are a lot of 'silent' ones here who feel the same as I.
    Last edited by X Ball; 03-02-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    the odd of certain person getting hit by lightning on certain day and time is not zero either but no one would bet real money on that. Now the question is would u bet real money on MAL getting 2 gold medals at 08 beijing? It is easy to tout and cheer hysterically in a forum because it is free and u are not accountable what u say. Even taufist, indra and TH for President are now back to sanity about taufik's odd of winning anything these days. Rexy was being realistic too when he resigned... twice.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-03-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    the odd of certain person getting hit by lightning on certain day and time is not zero either but no one would bet real money on that. Now the question is would u bet real money on MAL getting 2 gold medals at 08 beijing? It is easy to tout and cheer hysterically in a forum because it is free and u are not accountable what u say. Even taufist, indra and TH for President are now back to sanity about taufik's odd of winning anything these days. Rexy was being realistic too when he resigned... twice.
    I won't bet money on it no, but here's to hoping - it's free. I'm fine if we don't win it in Beijing - we don't have the divine right to - but I don't totally strike out our own chances either as we do have the people to rise to the occasion and do it.

I'm adopting the "until it's impossible, I'll keep hoping" stance on this.

Everything points towards a 'no' but not an 'impossible'.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast