KKK/TBH might split???????

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Inky2000, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

(Source: The Star, Sep 21, 2007)

Badminton: Nadzmi the mediator

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Top men's doubles shuttlers Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong turned one year older last Tuesday. But they did not celebrate their birthday together because of a strained relationship that developed from their uninspiring performances in recent international tournaments.

Yesterday, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president, Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, stepped in to prevent a possible split in partnership with a pep talk with the duo at the BAM's office in Bukit Kiara here.

“I reminded that they are doubles players. The doubles is not only about Koo or Tan. They are two in one. They cannot afford to be individualistic on court. One must accommodate space for the other,” said Nadzmi.

“I do not want them to make the mistake by blaming each other for the failures. They must act together.”
    In the World Championships last month, Kien Keat-Boon Heong failed to live up to expectations and were beaten in the quarter-finals by unheralded Japanese Shuichi Sakamoto-Shintaro Ikeda. And in the Japan Open last week, they suffered a second-round defeat by Indonesians Alven Yulianto-Luluk Hadiyanto.

National doubles coach Rexy Mainaky, who was also present at the meeting, pointed out that Kien Keat lacked faith in his partnership with Boon Heong.

“I met (Lee) Chong Wei the last time. I have to find out what went wrong with our top pair, who started out so well (by winning the Asian Games gold medal in Doha last December followed by victories in the Open tournaments in Malaysia, England and Switzerland),” said Nadzmi.

“I am glad that both of them were open to me. They need to learn to manage themselves – that is the key to get back to the top again. They are of different characters but they must stay united and work together towards the same goals.

“They have agreed that they did not want to waste anyone's time anymore. They are committed to bring honours to the country again. I reminded them of the Thomas Cup, which we hope to win next year and also the Beijing Olympics. I am happy to see that they were charged up after the meeting.”
    Rexy wants Kien Keat-Boon Heong to start afresh.

“Koo needs to know Tan's strength. He tries to cover for Tan all the time. He must learn to understand his partner better. I see some positive changes in them today (during training). It is important they trust each other,” he said.

Boon Heong agreed that things were not rosy of late in his partnership with Kien Keat.

“Koo told the coach (Rexy) that I am not complementing him well. I do not blame him. He is so eager to win and I did not play up to his expectation in the last few tournaments,” he said.

“No, we have never talked about this. We are two different individuals. We do not share the same topics of discussion. We enter the court and try to give our best in our own ways.

“There is a problem but this is part and parcel of a partnership. But we will solve this and move forward again. I am determined to get this partnership back to top.”
    For a restart, Boon Heong said that they would go out tomorrow for a belated birthday celebration. Boon Heong and Kien Keat are now 20 and 22 respectively.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Nah... they are not going to split.

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It happens all the time....they need some "TLC" Tender Loving Care....we will see how they are doing in Macau.........

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

The writing was on the wall since they won that All England title.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

TLC the Malaysian Boleh way!

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Doubles partners should combine as a single unit

If KKK tries to cover for TBH all the time, then KKK has a lesser appreciation of TBH's strength and worries more about TBH's weakness.

They should combine as a single unit, and not as two individuals playing independently.

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Agree. KKK should stop performing his "SUPERMAN" during the matches.. :)

8. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    yea... KKK shud learn to belive in what TBH is capable of doing... Afterall, TBH is a good player too.. Maybe he'll be nervous but this is due to his lack of experience...

9. ChompChomp

ChompChomp Regular Member

KKK too yaya liao lah

10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Pardon me? What is "YAYA" :confused::cool::p

11. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    afraid this would happen, after being so successful in a short period, when things go a little wrong, boom... when their documentary was aired after the AE, they said that they hardly spend time together off-court, after training they hang out with their own friends... this got me a little worried, and true, this (not being together, misunderstandings etc.) happened... hopefully now they will work it out together and start acheiving again..

12. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    I think they let fame get into thier head d... I heard KKK drives a BMW n after TBH partners with KKK, TBH wanted to buy a BMW as well but TBH's dad wouldn't allow n so both of them argued... We jus cant give too much credit to them 4 their success altho they deserves it 4 bringing home some medals...

13. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    In my perspective, i feel that tbh is a much stronger and matured player. I feel that kkk is being abit too emotional.

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    You were probably right.. TBH is a real humble person .. He grew up in a small town. He is humble with his great skill & potential.. Until he met KKK... Something have changed his life.. :cool:

15. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    What changed his life after he met kkk? kkk is so influential?:D:D:D

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Could be KKK teaching TBH naughty things that messed up his game...hehehe!!!:D:D:D;):p

17. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    Or maybe TBH is getting irritated with KKK attitude/actions on the court.

18. nauyuchi

nauyuchi Regular Member

waaaa.... don't split lah. because of them i like to watch badminton and support malaysian team.

ahaha... don't think k3 has been teaching him naughty things....

19. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    You should watched many others players too :p You probably well affected by their nasty stuff if you follow them too much :p

20. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    hahaha... dun worry bout stuffs like this.. cuz it wont happen... the olympic council of malaysia and BAM themselves wont jeopardize the pair can probably could give a gold for MAS in OG '08.. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.