User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 195
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    there's no way an as30 could last a whole game nowadays, even at club level. we use on average 2 as40s for an average length game at my club. expensive sport indeed!

  2. #53
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    there's no way an as30 could last a whole game nowadays, even at club level. we use on average 2 as40s for an average length game at my club. expensive sport indeed!
    Agree, check the update, I have the AS30s re-rated. They are quite bad relative to its price.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Agree, check the update, I have the AS30s re-rated. They are quite bad relative to its price.
    that's why we switched over to the 40s. the increase in price per shuttle is minimal, but it plays so much better. the trend is worrying though.

  4. #55
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    that's why we switched over to the 40s. the increase in price per shuttle is minimal, but it plays so much better. the trend is worrying though.

    Ding! It is very worrying.

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Dink, what's the difference between Chao Pai Green and Grass Green?

    MJ Strings has 'Green' listed as duck feathers.

    http://mjstrings.ca/popup-chaopai.php

  6. #57
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nummertwente View Post
    Hey Dink, what's the difference between Chao Pai Green and Grass Green?

    MJ Strings has 'Green' listed as duck feathers.

    http://mjstrings.ca/popup-chaopai.php

    Both are duck feather. The Green is superior in all aspects except price. The Grass Green is a training shuttle but can be used as a game shuttle for up to advanced beginners. If you have hard hitters, skip.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Dink, are you familiar with the shuttle brand "Thomas Cup" (see the pic as attached)?

    It seems a Japanese brand, high quality but not very known outside Japan. It is also hard to find its review with Google. My friend may buy some for me, but I really have no idea about it. Any comments? Thanks.

  8. #59
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daddxd View Post
    Hey Dink, are you familiar with the shuttle brand "Thomas Cup" (see the pic as attached)?

    I have heard of it but never tried it.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    with the prices skyrocketing (i just found out from my club that the price of our AS40s are going up to Ģ14.50, or about USD30) how long will it be before we see the market flooded with fake shuttles? or maybe it is already!

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how can badminton get more popular if feather shuttle cost 2-2.5$ each.

  11. #62
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    how can badminton get more popular if feather shuttle cost 2-2.5$ each.

    It, cannot.

    Panda saaaad.

  12. #63
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daddxd View Post
    Hey Dink, are you familiar with the shuttle brand "Thomas Cup" (see the pic as attached)?

    It seems a Japanese brand, high quality but not very known outside Japan. It is also hard to find its review with Google. My friend may buy some for me, but I really have no idea about it. Any comments? Thanks.
    Those shuttles are reccomended by shuttle-house also:
    It says: "Our most highly reccomended shuttles - Thomas Cup shuttles"
    http://shuttle-house.com/page_top_JA...Tohmascup.html



    The shopkeeper of shuttle-house reccomended it to me also, when i visited their main shop in Osaka.. but I didn't buy them because I was out of budget..

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Both are duck feather. The Green is superior in all aspects except price. The Grass Green is a training shuttle but can be used as a game shuttle for up to advanced beginners. If you have hard hitters, skip.
    I am a bit confused about the color "green vs. grass green". Which one that you listed in post #1 of this thread? http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...o+pai+shuttles

  14. #65
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    I am a bit confused about the color "green vs. grass green". Which one that you listed in post #1 of this thread? http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...o+pai+shuttles
    Green is labeled green, Grass Green is this:


  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how much did he quote you for the shuttles, i'm guessing it's about 15-20% below the RRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Those shuttles are reccomended by shuttle-house also:
    It says: "Our most highly reccomended shuttles - Thomas Cup shuttles"
    http://shuttle-house.com/page_top_JA...Tohmascup.html



    The shopkeeper of shuttle-house reccomended it to me also, when i visited their main shop in Osaka.. but I didn't buy them because I was out of budget..

  16. #67
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    how much did he quote you for the shuttles, i'm guessing it's about 15-20% below the RRP?
    I dont remember.. we just refused the offer :X.
    The funny thing is, I can't find the prices on shuttle-house for those shuttles at all. I guess that they're either at full-price or maybe it must baught at their main shop in Osaka or something..

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Green is labeled green, Grass Green is this:

    lol
    so the above is grass green and the other one is bamboo green (or just green for short), is that right?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. REVIEW: Alpha Shuttle Express Stringing Machine
    By kwun in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 264
    : 10-25-2014, 10:20 AM
  2. NPG Shuttle and Racket Bag Review...
    By DinkAlot in forum Badminton Bag
    Replies: 18
    : 09-21-2007, 02:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •