User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My review of Ashaway 450 shuttlecocks! Love them!

Hello! I ordered some Ashaway 450 shuttlecocks from Direct sports, I believe the website is http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/d...ProductID=2097.

Ordered them yesterday and they arrived today as I requested and paid extra for Next working day delivery. Total came up to 13.40 (A 450 shuttlecock charge) + 4.99 (next day delivery charge).

Used them today for an hour with my partner, we played singles for the whole hour and it was relentless so needless to day, intensity was high.

First impressions were nice, tube was in good condition, had that nice "out of the box smell" and shuttles were in really nice condition. One tube contains one dozen shuttlecocks. There is some quality control that I have to mention though, it is a minimal point but it may matter to some albeit didn't affect myself. The Ashaway sticker in the middle of some of the shuttles were off center, as I said small point but seeing as it's my first review, I'll report everything I find.

Quality was top notch, flight was really nice, dare I say as well or even better than Aerosensa 30's. Durability was wonderful as well and cork was solid, nice and easy to hit. Overall we were really satisfied and surprised after a full hour of games. As it was singles, I can't give our own opinion in terms of doubles but I hear from friends that these are great for doubles as well.

Now going from right to left, the one on the right was after 4 games, the one in the middle was after 1 game and the shuttle to the left was a new one.
    Name:  Picture 9.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  29.0 KB

This one shuttle (picture below) lasted 4 full games and we were surprised that the durability was of such high quality especially for the price we paid. I would like to point out that we could've used this for one more game, even after taking the beating and having a feather problem of which the feather split in half, it still flew fine but not like new (the snapped feather is the one at 7 o clock).
    Name:  Picture 6.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  39.7 KB

The shuttle below was used for our last game, just like the first it flew really nice and having looked at it after the game, I was surprised that the feathers looked like I had just taken it out of the tube.
    Name:  Picture 7.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  40.3 KB

Lastly the shuttle below was a new one I took out of the tube just to show the comparison between the other shuttles above. If you notice, this was one of the ones I mentioned about quality control of the sticker being a little off center.
    Name:  Picture 8.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  35.2 KB

To summarize, I will definitely be buying these again when I run out and would recommend them to anyone/ any club looking for good quality shuttlecocks in all aspects at a very competitive and good value. These shuttles were at speed 78 as well just for those who are wondering.

I'll be in China soon and hoping to find myself a nice Yonex and Li ning store to pick myself up some goodies!

Until next time, I hope you enjoyed this review.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you dissect the shuttle to see if it indeed is a full cork?

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Martyrdom... is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is another review on this shuttle that mentions it's a composite cork here's the link, if you scroll down there are some pictures - http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...away-450-Black