User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchased a RSL tourney #1 based on the shuttlecock review chart on the first post, and I have to say it is junk. It failed miserably in the durability aspect which is one of the most important elements. Aeroplane EG1130 black was three to four times more durable in the same setting with the same players doing the same drills/game. Will not buy again. Aeroplane however, is great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it's indicated earlier, the review is kind of outdated. The whole line of RSL is degrading. RSL NO1 is no longer the top grade, not much better than (For example) Victor Gold No1. Aeroplane is also somewhat not as good as a year ago. Chaopai Red and Purple are still as good as it should be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutoburn View Post
    Purchased a RSL tourney #1 based on the shuttlecock review chart on the first post, and I have to say it is junk. It failed miserably in the durability aspect which is one of the most important elements. Aeroplane EG1130 black was three to four times more durable in the same setting with the same players doing the same drills/game. Will not buy again. Aeroplane however, is great.

Please read post # 114. It's too random now, and I agree, I've tried some T1s that were terrible too.

As I've said before somewhere in here and I'll say again, this review has become too outdated because in addition to the stated factors, we need to add manufacturer QC.

My general rule of thumb now:

I only bring out a top grade shuttle if:

a) the opponent brings out a top grade shuttle
    b) I'm playing a serious game
    c) Playing opponent(s) I have high respect for
    d) Playing International or National Players in which case I offer to supply all the shutttles. After all, it is my honor to play with or against them.

Otherwise, I just bring out a comparable grade shuttle which is usually medium low grade.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happen to the chart on the first post? It's gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think redson black birdies are of good value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prompt what factories in China make qualitative shuttlecock?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where's the review?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea the chart seem to have been removed. Much appreciated if someone repost the chart. Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shuttle review is, for all intensive purposes, obsolete. Shuttle quality, in general, has significantly deteriorated, especially over the last 3 years.

Here's the review:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot Dink. Even then I think it will still be a good guide for those who are intending to try out different shuttles.

Currently I am trying out Sealion shuttles using it concurrently with Yonex As-40. This is a brand recommended by the lady proprietor in the shop. She told me alot of badminton groups is giving this a try as Yonex increases their price by SGD2-3 every couple of months up to a stage that the costs is just unbearable as they order about 50 tubes every couple of weeks. Well, so far they are satisfied with it as they are re-ordering them over the AS-40.

Quality for the current tube of Sealion I am using is inconsistent. Some good, some not so (from flight trajectory and speed) but durability is above average. Price per tube for Sealion SGD25 (USD16.70) compared to AS-40 SGD38 (USD25.30) as of Apr 2009.

Next shuttles I am looking out for is Li Ning. It would be interesting how their quality stacked up as they are competing with Yonex and they recently took over the sponsorship of the Chinese National Badminton Team from Yonex. Their badminton rackets are certainly expensive.. around the prices of Yonex's equivalent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone of you here tried Pro-Tech PT10? I think it is one of the most common used shuttle in Singapore nowsadays. I reckon what is the rating of PT10 as compare to the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default which shuttlecock should i try

hi all , im in Australia and am looking to try different birds, but dont know what to try , currently on HIQUA red ,. but at $28 AU per tube, the price is a bit high Have been quoted a good price on victor , appx $19AU -tube , are they any good ? Can get RSL localy but unsure of quality, have been offered Canary at cheap price, has anyone tried these .Does anyone use the following ,sealion, snowpeak aeroplane ?
    cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm how come I can't see any review results, is it not in the first post?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. Cannot see the review. Right click and show picture also not working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can any one comment on the rsl tourney 5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, just starting to get into badminton much more seriously and its sad to read that the quality of shuttles has deteriorated so badly recently. Means I will probably never get to play with a really high quality feather shuttle Its surprising the companies can get away with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valmetf4 View Post
    hi all , im in Australia and am looking to try different birds, but dont know what to try , currently on HIQUA red ,. but at $28 AU per tube, the price is a bit high Have been quoted a good price on victor , appx $19AU -tube , are they any good ? Can get RSL localy but unsure of quality, have been offered Canary at cheap price, has anyone tried these .Does anyone use the following ,sealion, snowpeak aeroplane ?
    cheers
    Who are the suppliers for HIQUA and Canary in Australia? And what speed do you use over there?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast