light rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ricefield, Sep 22, 2007.

1. ricefield

ricefield Regular Member

after using AT800 OF for a year or so, i kinda hate head heavy/ overall heavy rackets, even though im an attacking player.

so currently, i am completely in love with light rackets. does anyone have any recommendations? so far i have tried and really like:

kason tsf 108 pro
    victor artery tec ti 99

anything else i should consider trying (about the same weight or lighter than those two?)

btw, does the lightness of the racket affect my stroke power?

2. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

black knight, carlton and karakal are known to make quite a handful of light weight and/or headlight racquets.

black knight SL (superlight) series
    carlton airblade/powerblade models (lite, superlite)
    karakal sl-70/80, mtec-70/80

most of the ones i suggested were 5U and 4U (yonex rating) racquets.
    a few were 3U.
    i beleive the ones you listed were 3U to begin with...

the lighter a racquet is, and the more headlight it is does not affect how much power you can put into your shots. it reduces the potential for power, because a heavier racquet swung at the same speed as a lighter racquet will put out more power. basically the lighter and more headlight your racquet is will just mean you have to develop an even faster swing than before to attain the same amount of power.

#2 chickenpoodle, Sep 22, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    well. if heavier was overall generally better we would all be using 190g rackets ;-)

The complexity of the matter is that our quick muscles in the forearm is not without limitations. So a lighter racket are in many cases making a higher swingspeed possible.

try to swing a tennis racket 180 degrees back and forth, and se how many reps per minute you can make compared to swinging an ns7000 or karakal 70.

/T

4. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

well, of course theres an ideal range... that goes without saying.
    us mere mortals probably lie between 70 to 105g...
    but if you can wield the higher end of that range as easily as the lower range, then definitely, the heavier the racquet, the more powerful. :)

5. greenbuds

greenbuds New Member

Believe me RSL Diamond X2 FP is the good choice, it's really light weight around 79-80g and more flex than AT800, it is easy and control racket. I planned to buy it later, I'm now using MP99. It is two diff. style racket but sometimes when you are feeling tire then it will be the best choice.

6. kitseb

kitseb Regular Member

Consultant
    I tried the Victor Dual Pipe 8000 the other day and really liked it. I'm not too keen on head heavy either (even though I play with an AT500). I also have a NS6000 which for me is too headlight (and too flexible). However, I found the victor racket to be very well balanced and it suited me very well. Whilst it felt much lighter than the AT500 I didn't feel any loss of power in my clear / smash (if anything it was better). I would have bought it, but having just bought another AT500 I couldn't justify the expense to my hubby:(.

7. kansatish

kansatish Regular Member

Carlton nanospeed 9900 & 9500...really lightweight

8. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    Calton Powerflo 2007 series and Hart Infinate Nano 81

9. philbrady

philbrady New Member

rsl x2 fp

I have recently bought two rsl x2 fp rackets and yes they are very light and powerful. but - beware - the two that I have bought have caused a little tennis elbow and both have broken - one within 2 days of uying it. - nad not because of a racket clash. If anyone can offer any advise of an alternative light weight but"attacking styl racket" i'll appreciate some ideas. I even wondered if its a desigtn fault with the x2 fp?

10. substitute

substitute Regular Member

Student
    Victor Super Waves 32 could be worth trying. It's an offensive racket still light and quick to handle. I haven't tried the AT800 so I can't provide any comparison between the two, though.