Yonex Cyber Natural 100

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ricky, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    It has arrived Luxis today and I'll test it with my new Cab 20 Muscle 3U tomorrow. Have very high hope for this string !

2. adman

adman Guest

I also got a 2U cab20MS with Cyber Natural 100. My 2U cab20MS is very head heavy comparing with the cab20CN. I guess that is why the smash power of cab20MS is bigger. The frame of cab20MS is stiffer than the cab20CN so I can have better control on it. The net play of both cab20 is almost the same. Hope to see your reviews of the 3Ucab20MS very soon.

3. adman

adman Guest

Regarding the Cyber Natural 100, I dont think there is a big improvement. Only the replusive power is bigger comparing with the BG88TI.

4. john

john Guest

how much is the string? Whats new about it?

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    It is 1,300 yen.

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've used the 3U Cab 20 Muscle and the Cyber Natural 100 for ~2 hours. Honest speaking, I don't have enough time to fully exploit the characteristics of this new combo. Perhaps I normally use long racquet with Isometric head shape, I miss-hitted the frame many times tonight with the new Cab 20 MS. There is not much I can talk about the 3U Cab 20 Muscle - it doesn't fit my style, at least at this moment I can't fully get use to it.

On the other hand, the performance of Cyber Natural 100 is excellent in my opinion. It is definitely more powerful than BG88Ti (and it does not have the sticky feel of BG88Ti as well), and at the same time, you won't find the string with hard feeling as other Ti strings. This string gives very good feel in smashes and clear. For more touchy and net shots, I still need more time to experience with it - but basically it won't let you down. Perhaps we can't say the new Cyber Natural 100 has any significant improvement or breakthrough, but in general, there is a very high potential that it can replace BG85 as my most favorite string ! As stock is limited at this moment, I'll try to break the string as quickly as possible on some of my favorite racquets so that I can try it on my favorite racquet. :)

p.s. I've tried Gosen Bio-Gut Aermet in last 2 months as well (Cheung said that he will write a review soon). It is a good string (especially for powerful shots), but in my opinion, still not as good as BG85 for touchy shots and the feel is not as good too.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ricky, how about a feedback on the new cab20 MP. Does it play like the regular cab20?

8. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    As I said before, I can't get used the Cab 20 Muscle, probably because I always use long racquet with Isometric head shape these days.

I've a 2U Cab 20, 2U Cab 20 Tour and used to have a 2U Cab 23 before. All these racquets are more powerful than the 3U Cab 20 Muscle. In general, 3U Cab 20 Muscle is very light and the power being generated is acceptable, but weaker than my ISO 900 SR CN. Manuverability is good (but most 3U racquets are good in manuverability). In compare with Cab 23 and Cab 20 Tour, I found that Cab 20 Muscle is less stiff. Basically, the racquet isn't impressive at all.

p.s. I've tried to play around another 2U Cab 20 Muscle someday. It is light in compare with other 2U Cab racquets, perhaps it is because it has a G5 grip. If you really want a Cab 20 Muscle, I suggest you to buy the 2U version - 3U verison is likely to be too light for most advanced players.

9. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Carbonex 20 MP

Hi Ricky and Cooler,

I had the chance to try 'mongoose's ' Carb 20 MS, 2UG4 strung BG 66, 24 lbs.

Well, I've to say I was plesantly surprised by the racket actually. Excellent control and power but you lose a little of the touch that the original Carb 20 had. Nothing alarming actually and it may be due to the strings as I prefer the BG-85 for feel in fact.

Power was more than suffice as it was actually more than the original Carb 20 when it came to pushes, drives and lobs. But when it came to smashes, it was more or less the same.

In may opinion, a great 'evolution' to the original carb 20.