Colours

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by andyu, Sep 23, 2007.

1. andyu

andyu Regular Member

Student
    why is it that racquets of the same model have different colors? more specifically, i saw a grey muscle power 23 and a blue one? what is the difference? is one better than the other? if so, then what is it? i would apprecaite it if you guys could help me, i need a racquet.

2. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    just new and different color schemes, same racket

3. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Yes, mainly to revitalize an older product and try to increase sales with a newer, or more attractive paint scheme, but on the whole, they're the same, the only con would be if you don't like the color scheme of one of them.

There are a few cases where the formula for the racquet is altered along with these new paint jobs, either to improve (fix complaints and defects, etc.)the racquet, or to cut back on costs of something. But this is uncommon and only exists on a few models, the MP-23 you saw is not affected by this.

Though biased, many experienced users prefer the older version if there is a change, but this does not apply if the older racquet was known to have a defect, ;)

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It's only a different paint job. The only "reworking" of a model was with the Ti10. The new AT700 colour just doesn't have the words "ultimum ti" on the shaft, but it's still in there.

5. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    muscle power 23 is a good example because i have one and its like purple blue-ish and my friend has a "muscle power 23 power"
    lmao how much power will they give this thing? (lol its a crappy racket) and it had a more grayish color so maybe you saw that one.