Taiwan Final Match!

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by JR, Sep 23, 2007.

1. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Taiwan Final Match!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone!

I didnt read all the remarks on the final, only the last few.

First, I would like to congratulate Kido and Setiawan for playing outstanding today. As some of you said, they dominated from 14-16 in favour of us and through out the match. I agree they have improved a lot.

Everything seemed to go their way and it was a bit frustrating to be on the other side of the net. I think they hit the net 7-8 times (correct me if I´m wrong). Even the rallies where we did everything right they won.

You know some might consider it lucky for them to hit the net so many times in one match. I tend to look at it differently. The ones that seek the luck will also get the most luck, but it takes a lot of confidence in your game to do that. That´s why it was brilliance and not luck that won them the match. I tried to make a joke about it in the game by placing the shuttle on the net and just letting it drop. I hope that was not too arrogant, but as I said before it was very frustrating to be at the other side, lol.

Thank you for your support and I´m looking forward to the upcoming tournaments with renewed confidence after these two tournaments.

See you all!

Jonas in Taiwan:D

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Nice to see you back on TV. Keep going. After a disappointing run of results, it's really nice to have those results.

Hope to see you in HK later this year.

3. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Congrats to JR..
    For making a tremendous effort along with LP in entering semi finals for JAPAN & finished as runners up at Taipei Open in two weeks time..
    I am confidence you both can make it through to the Olympics next year..
    Cheers.. Good Luck !

4. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

JR, that wasn't too arrogant at all... I found it funny...lol
    anyway, congratulations on your recent revival... :)

5. JR

JR Regular Member

Thank you!

Thank you, guys!

Cheung, I do think that we will play Hong Kong later this year.

The crowd also found it amusing, lol!

Kind Regards

JR

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So, JR, if u don't mind commenting,
    since u guys have beaten Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun in Japan SS last week, which pair do u think is more superior at the moment, Fu/Cai or Kido/Hendra?

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That's a good question!

8. JR

JR Regular Member

China or Indonesia!

Well, good and hard question!

I think, right now as I write Indonesia is best. Through the last 12 months I do think that China has better results overall, though Indonesia is world champions.

Jonas

9. vincentmok

vincentmok Regular Member

Banker
    Hi JR,

I watched the game today, and yeah i thought Setiawan hit quite a lot of front shots which I felt impacted the 2nd game in particular, even MF was smiling off court and I can totally understand the frustration.

Anyway, good comeback achievement, and I guess that as long as you have the strong fighting spirit and also the will to win mentality we will be seeing more of you in other coming tournament.

p.s. It's good to see you guys beating Cai/Fu and good to see that the game is not totally dominated by 1 country :D

#9 vincentmok, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Thanks for your reply. I would think that its a 50-50 ball, tough to say who would win. If Kido/Hendra played as well as today, there's a high chance they will just edge it.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Indeed....Hendra's recent performances in front of the net were simply irresistable at times :D

12. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I think JR will be able to found a solutions to beat the recent World Champs.. In a very near future... Perhaps before the Olympics next year..

13. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    Hi JR,

I just wanna say congrats on your great come back with your partner. Hopefully you can win some titles soon and make the competition more balanced.

Regards,
    Jason.

14. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

Dear Jonas,

May I ask another question further to comparing between Cai/Fu and Kido/Setiawan? You were beaten narrowly by Tony/Candra in the semifinal of JO, what do you think about Tony/Candra as compared to Cai/Fu and Kido/Setiawan and may be you and Lars?

15. JR

JR Regular Member

Solutions!

Well, yeah, we are working on solutions all the time to beat the best pairs. That´s why it´s not always bad to loose as you get valuable information to the next time you play the best. Hopefully, we can work it out and beat them in the big matches in particular.

I would also sayit would be 50/50 if you match Kido/Setiawan and Fu/Cai against eachother. But I still think Fu and Cai would beat more pairs through time than Kido/Setiawan.

Jonas

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Haha....u better worry for KKK/TBH. Their current playing style is so one-dimensional (KKK in front and TBH at the back) that other pairs have already seen through it. Compare that with Kido/Hendra's recent performances. U can even see Kido's engaged in netting up front and Hendra performing jump smash from the back of the court.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Agree. However, Kido/Hendra are younger, so, they have plenty of time :D
    What's needed is for them to sharpen their defense and for Kido to make less unforced errors.

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Yes ! Consistency is the key factors...
    JR & LP is among a few pair who were able to silence the power games of Fu/Chai in the circuit..
    Hopes you can keeps the momentum going ...

19. JR

JR Regular Member

Gunawan/Wijaya!

Well, they are tough to predict as they have all the experience in the world, but they don´t practise together and not as much as before. Still they make a big impact on the worldscene. I think they would beat Kido/Setiawan in a grandfinal, but I think they are underdogs if they face Fu/Cai in a big final. As for Lars and I, we still need to work on some things to get more consistent, but I think, we will have a confidence boost from the past 2 weeks.

Jonas

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So, JR, what's the current solution to beat Fu/Cai, since u have done that last week? Try to frustate Cai Yun by switching him to the back and make Fu Haifeng play in front (less attacks from the back)?

But, their defense is really so good....sometimes it really takes skill+luck to beat them, which u and Lars have successfully done last week.