Stringing a Rasmussen Graphite

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Robbie, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Robbie

Robbie Guest

many of you know i just bought this racket. I be;lieve it is 2 years old, correct me if i am wrong. The strings are whitish yellow, but are still quite tense. If the racket is 2 years old and has been sitting on a shelf should i be restringing it or am i good for a few games. I have a tournament in a week and dont want to have to rely on a iso 25 or prince pro comp. What tension if i need to re string, brands etc??
    i am in highschool and a beginner

2. errr

errr Guest

hmmm how about restringing it with BG-65 at 18-20 lbs. Remember to get good coloured strings! lol.. Yellow Strings I find are the most intimidating. I guess restringing is not that bad an idea.... since most factory strings arn't good, but it's all up to you.

3. Robbie

Robbie Guest

ok thanxz for your help

4. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

I'd say get it strung at a higher tension since Carlton racquets can take a lot but it's your choice.

5. errr

errr Guest

yea but I think he should start with 18-20 .......... you really need good technique and power for higher.. IMO ..........

I think 18-20 is a good place to start.. then go lower / higher until you find what's the best for you........

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Don't think a new racquet will help you in the tournament much but good luck anyway.

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I agree. It takes time to get used to a new model, and switching right before a tournament sounds very risky.

Anyway, the factory strings are OK, but if they're that old then they might have become brittle (they're not that durable anyway). If you'd rather be safe than sorry I'd suggest you restring it.