Armortec 900 Power or Nanospeed 9000 S

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by le.david, Sep 24, 2007.

1. le.david

le.david Regular Member

Hi guys,
    I need your help in deciding which of the two racquets i should get. I'm an overall player that is looking for great power, maneuverability, decent defence, and accurate shots. I've tried all other Yonex racquets there are but the only racquets I haven't tried and have sparked my interest was the AT900P and NS9KS. From BCF, I've heard that the at900p was a bit too stiff in terms of smashing - I'm worried cuz i'm only a fit 15yr old and that the result will turn out like when i tried the ns9k type X. Way too stiff - couldn't get any smashes. So please help me out and put your experience with either racquet here. Thank you!!!

2. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    i think you should spend your money on going to the gym @@ to work out, cause...but if you're bent on buying a new racquet then...try an Mp99

3. le.david

le.david Regular Member

=.= .......tried mp99...sucked imo....next... =P

4. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    MP99 was once a top rated racquet. I don't think it's the racquet that "sucks". Maybe it would be best if you saved money and bought a low end racquet whilst you worked on your skills. Many high level players can get amazing shots or smashes using any racquet.

5. le.david

le.david Regular Member

I appreciate your *other* thoughts and all but can we focus on what the thread is about? lol thx. btw, how low end could my racquet get... it's made by a company that doesn't even exist - probably worth like $15 or something.

6. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

type s is a good all around racket.

7. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    S type is good, at-700 also good, but buy the biggest U (ns-3u, at-4u)
    if X not suit you, then maybe the problem in ur fitness

8. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Well you said you wanted smashes. Why not just get the AT900P then. NS9K-S is definitely not a hard-hitting racquet. If you could flex the AT properly, then you'll get powerful smashes. If not, you'll be out $250.

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Just buy the most expensive one.. It is of course best!!! And I am sure your jump-smashes will be 320 km/h + easilly!!

/Twobeer

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Can you borrow or demo those 2 racquets? You need to try them out and decide yourself. There are clubs in CA, IL in US you can demo those 2 racquets. Also there are places in Van, Calgory and Tor you can demo them. Try them out.

Hi Towbeer, good thinking. I like it.

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Better yet. Get or build your own shuttle testing machine and insert squash racquets into the the rotator. I am sure the birds will come out very very fast :D.

12. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Ai Master SH, when did we get to so Nordic lately? :D

13. le.david

le.david Regular Member

Type S sounds like a good idea. Referring to what twobeer said about buying the most expensive one - good thinking lol. Other than ns9ks, have any of you had the chance to try the at900p? I need thoughts and opinions on that too. Also, there isn't any places here in Edmonton where i could demo racquets other than glenora but its way in the south >.> Just wondering, would the ns9ks produce more/less power compared to the armortec 900 technique?

14. silentheart

Dear Master LSD and Cooler, We might take a trip to Calgory in April next year. Just to go down the slippery slope. we were in Baltic area not too long ago. Too bad I did not have time to have 2 beer with Master twobeer. Sorry.

For le.david,
    Which one do you use (wrist or arm) more smash? From what I have been gather from my friend, NS9k-s is better for all around player while AT900-p is better for offensive player. (Offensive does not mean curse a lot) I like NS9k-s better than AT900-p because if I need the extra smash power, I would go with AT700, not AT900-p. NS9k-s is also more user friendly. However, borrow a racquet from a friend if it is possible. You can demo my racquets if you visit Chicago area.

15. kinoko

kinoko Regular Member

i agree with silentheart. nano is more user friendly and all round kinda racket. im not too sure how good u are in terms of badminton skill but even with nano u can produce world class smash power so doesn't mean that being offensive racket will greatly produce more power. i think the center of the weight point of AT a little bit further on the top so if u dont have much arm and wrist strength yet u might be better off with nano. keep in mind not the most expensive would give u the best compatibility with the type of player u r.

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the AT900P and NS9000S are 2 very different rackets.
    I think u should consider AT900T versus NS9000S

17. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Is this an inside joke about "Calgory" I'm not getting? :p

18. silentheart

Oh, it's Calgary "A"?

19. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

Lol.. Twobeer is at it again...

If you found the NS9k-X too stiff.. not too sure if you'd want to try the AT900P. While it's not as stiff as the Type X, it's still rated as extra stiff.
    Unless you can demo it, I'd take Cooler's advice and look at the AT900T vs NS9k-S instead.

20. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    AT900T is safer than 900P. I'm pretty sure the 9000S would be better for you though, but I've no idea. I'm pretty sure that a more middle range racquet like the AT500 would be easier on your wallet (or parent's wallet), and would make power generation easier, while allowing you to focus on your skills, form, and technique, instead of you trying to adjust to a more high end racquet. And BTW, if you found the MP99 to be crappy, expect your power to drop if you use the 900P; the stiffer shaft, and less forgiving design will make you miss the sweetspot, and will make power generation difficult.