Susi Susanti will get involved in INA Uber Cup

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by huangkwokhau, Sep 27, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Kompas reported today ( Sep 27, 2007) Susi Susanti and Elizabeth latief will get involved and guide INA Uber cup as preparation for next year ( 2008) in Jakarta.

Susi Susanti has helped Indonesia captured Uber up in 1994 and 1996.

Also PBSI has also asked one coming -up player from Djarum, Maria Febe Kusumastuti to be nominated for INA Uber Cup.
    It is suggested that PBSI will select Maria febe as one of INA squad in future if her Club, Djarum permitted.

The nomination of Uber Cup players as follows:
    WS:

Maria Kristin
    Firdasari Adriyanti
    Fransisca ratnasari
    Pia Zebadiah
    Aprilia Yuswandari
    Maria febe Kusumastuti

WD:
    Lyliana Natsir
    Vita Marissa
    Jo Novita
    Greysia Polii
    Rani Muindiasti
    Endang Nursugianti
    Lita Nurlita
    Nintya krishinda

For Thomas Cup, INA has called Candra Widjaja and igit Budiarto to be part of Thomas Cup nomination as well.

badMania likes this.
  2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Good to hear that Susi is back.. but i'm sure not as a player. However it will be great for the players to have Susi in their stables.

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    She will be acted as supervisor/Manager for INA squad among Elizabeth latief..Actually Susi has been asked to be INA WS coach but she rejected.....this time I believe that she will share her experinces and some techniques to youngters...Susi and Elizabeth, If I am not wrong, open massage business together at Kelapa Gading.....

INA failed to qualify to uber cup last time...

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Susi Susanti will be Project Officer for INA Uber Cup 2008.
    She commented that most of INA WS now has no confident, always thinking that their skills are below than other opponents...so Susi will try to motivate the young guns to fight all out.

Target is semifinal for INA girls...

I think it is realistic....to be in final is tough..winning Uber cup from China will be Miracle....

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Personally..

..i'm lowering my expectation for INA's Uber Cup squad, just for being realistic..To be in Semi Finals is tough...Getting into the Finals will be a Miracle...and no, they won't win the Uber Cup, ain't gonna happen:cool: (if that were to happen, then LYB might as well step down from his coaching position and disband CHN's Uber Cup squad)..:p:rolleyes:;)

#5 ctjcad, Sep 27, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  6. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

the WD line-up is pretty strong, i think they can challenge most in that department except for CHN. the singles though needs a bit of work, they are all still quite young and need more exposure and experience.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It's going to be even more..

..tough, should the INA's Uber Cup squad meet CHN's Uber Cup squad...............in the Semis..:eek::p;)

8. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i think susi has her own line of rackets as well? Astec

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    INA team has the ability to advance in UC final.. But will be expecting to get a whitewash by the China TEam..:mad: Unless there is a miracle :rolleyes:

huangkwokhau likes this.
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It'll be mighty tough..

..(looking at the current scenario & playing field) the INA Uber Cup squad has to contend with:
    -the KOR squad, playing with the strength of JJY, LYH and their WD depth..(possible 3 pts)
    -the JPN squad, playing with the strength of EH, KM and their WD depth..(possible 3 pts)
    -the NED squad, the Runner-ups @ last yr's UC Finals, playing with the strength of YJ, JM and their WD pairs..(possible 2 pts, because Mia was still playing)
    -the HK squad, playing with the strength of WC, YPY and maybe ZM and their WD pairs..(possible 3 pts)
    -the TPE squad, playing with the strength of CSC, PMJ and their WD pairs..(possible 3 pts)
    -the GER squad, playing with the strength of XHW, JS and their WD pairs..(maybe 2 pts)

Whilst, IMO, the "best" players/pairs INA Uber Cup squad has to offer are Vita & Lilyana and maybe Maria Kristin (with a realistic chance of getting 2 pts):p...Again, it'll depend partly on the draw and health of the players as well..Well, maybe Susy can help, but we shall see..;):cool:

#10 ctjcad, Sep 27, 2007
  11. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

This is not just how INA lady players feel but all other countries as well. Until they can think that they are as good as any Chinese lady players and their win is not a Miracle, the great wall of China will still be intake. But, good to see Susi back to pass on her knowledge to current players. Hopefully, she will bring in more confident in the INA woman players going into the Olympics.
    Looking forward to watching some of the ladies win a gold medal or at least push the Chinese ladies close to a heart attack. :)

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    The semifinal is targetted by PBSI, not me..............

13. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i think jo/greysia should be able to fight for a point from most of their matches, except against the chinese. i think they are on par with JPN and KOR's second WD pair, definitely better than the NED, TPE, HK and GER second WD.

INA's WS however is still a problem. i wonder at the lack of good WS to come out of INA over the last few years. it seems that other than Susi and Mia, there hasn't been any world class WS that have emerged.

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design

so far for INA WS: only Mari Kristin is stable, as a matter of fact, PBSI prefers Firdasari to be top single as we can witness that Firda had been sent more tournament last year than Maria...but Maria showed better result than Firda in many tournaments....( Firdasari won Dutch Open last year)

PIA is eventually a good player with Maria Febe but overall INA needs another 2 to 3 yrs to be par with HKG or JPN even Kor...

INA WD will be okay with Butet/Vita plus Greysia/Jo Novita....more likely they can 2 points against any nations except China...

I hope Susi can coach them for a while....and let see what Susi can do to pump up the youngters...;)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..how much longer will Gresya be out with her injury??..:confused:
    And you hit it right on the spot re their WS. And that's why i brought up the list. You see, most of those other countries have a "dependable" 2nd WS player, with the exception of maybe TPE & GER & maybe KOR (hard to tell). And if the 2nd INA WS player (most likely Firdasari, who has struggled recently) should falter, the pressure will fall mightily on their WD pairs and/or 3rd WS player to get the job done. It'll be a big boost if Maria Kristin could win all of her matches, as she is arguably INA's current 1st WS, to set the table for the rest of her teammates.:cool:

#15 ctjcad, Sep 27, 2007
  16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Wanna add huangkwokhau post about the nominees for INA Thomas Cup. Here they are :

MS -- Taufik Hidayat, Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Simon Santoso, Tommy Sugiarto, Alamsyah Yunus and Andreas Adityawarman

MD -- Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto, Joko Riyadi/Hendra AG, Mohammad Ahsan/Bona Septano, and former Pelatnas player Candra/Sigit (at least as sparring-partner).

PBSI target for INA Thomas squad : being the Champion!

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Wise choice. It would take a lot of time. Needs research and analysis of opponents, political minefield etc. Something you don't want when you have 3 kids(?) at home.

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D:D but she had been harassed many times to get involved in INA teams...I am so excited...it gives hope to INA girls...:p:p

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Is she getting asked as a PR exercise, just like Rudy Hartono's recent involvement in PBSI? Rudy was reluctant to take up the post, right?

Susi might know herself better than others think. A great player does not necessarily make a great coach.

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Thats true...actually she will be MOTIVATOR only...from unconfirmed sources ( because too many versions) Sutiyoso ( jakarta's Governor) had lobbied her extensively to help INA Team......since she had rejected many times to be a coach after Hendrawan resigned and focus on MS...I guess thats compromise from her....she said in other news outlet, ASTEC, her company will be funding some tournaments but PBSI asked more from her.....