Do you keep playing/training even when injured/hurt?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Capnx, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

I dont mean like a twisted ankle or anything that serious, but say if your muscles are really sore for that day or week, or if you have a stomachache, or if your feet just hurts because you played/trained too hard. would you still keep going with your games and practice schedule or stop and do something else?

:eek:

2. Ichiigo

Ichiigo Regular Member

Yes I would xD Badminton is my life :p
    Once I twisted my ankle in volleyball and I still went playing badminton..Sometimes I would fall on the ground for no reason, I'm like wtf. My wrist hurts for a while now but its getting better and I still play.
    Don't take example on me, Im really bad with my body xD

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Regular Member

Student
    If you play through something I think it just makes you stronger. Plus in a good game you get the adrenaline and don't feel the stomach ache or whatever it is thats bothering you. And plus its fun :)

4. ElinOng0

ElinOng0 Regular Member

Okay then

If I want to get better, taking a break from practice just because of an injury will KILL me.

5. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Muscle ache all these are ok, but i guess its better not to play when you have a injured wrist or pulled back, the injury will get worst. I remember i once had a pulled back, but i just continued playing for the next few days, then one day i couldnt even stand up straight, and i had to see the physio.

6. ElinOng0

ElinOng0 Regular Member

Well, once when my wrist was hurt, I just changed to my left hand and kept playing. Of course I didn't fare so well, but it was good. I got some practice ^^

The back, however, I can't really change to my left back (o_O?) so I guess I would rest.

7. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i had shoulder pains and tennis elbow but at first i still play. then i realized it is better in the long run to stop and recuperate a bit. i do want to play through the pain but i also wants to play badminton for a long long time to come. so in the end i did the sensible thing. :D

8. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

For me depend on what kind of injury/hurt. If its just sore because tired, then I still play, but if its something serious then I will give it a rest. Badminton is my life too, but I just don't want because not wanting to miss a game or two then I suffer something more serious or even worse could lead to permanent injury, it just not worth it. Forcing to play when the body is injured doesn't do any good.

9. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Currently i got a foot problem due to 7 times a week training...now it kinda hurt..shud i continue my training????

10. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

its really not smart to play with an injury. sure, badminton is life and all that but do you want to lose it forever?
    playing with an injury (eg sprained ankle etc) would just worsen the situation.

11. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Hmm...so meaning i should take a rest???
    Shud i??

12. THEbaschti

THEbaschti Regular Member

I also keep training when I feel sore or have a little cold or something, but I agree that with more serious injuries you should stop for a while, or else you may just have to stop training for a much longer time in the end.

ZhiWeiZ: I guess people here can't decide it for you ;) We don't know how painful it is and what kind of injury

13. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Hmm...well i guess ankle injury i should give a break, its real pain sometimes...

14. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Sounds like it's just muscle soreness... not the same as injury. In that case, you should 'cool down' after games and stretch your limbs to consolidate those flexibility you gain during your games:p. But yeah... playing while being injured is just not a good idea.

15. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    But with positive thinking, i think i can recover faster !!!
    I guess....:confused:

16. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

last time i got about the same injury too.
    it just slightly below my ankle, at first i thought it just sore but then it keep getting worse. until every morning i feel sharp pain, and it lasted almost 2 years :(
    i totally agree with llpjlau, it just not worth it. pain is indication there is something not right with your body. IMO positive thinking is not enough, try to give it a rest first, maybe lessen the time you play. nothing good will come from too much of something (even too much money is not good :p )

17. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

if it has something to do with your joints (eg ankle, wrist) then you MUST rest. it is not smart at all to keep playing, trust me.
    i know we all love badminton, but hey, there is a limit ok?
    if its sore muscles, its up to you. just dont do any damage.

18. 450450

450450 Regular Member

my left foot had blisters and also ankle rolled it. it took two weeks for the ankle to heal. but i kept playing anyway hopping everywhere like a kangaroo. my backhand really improved because of those two weeks :p

no more blisters after i wore the superfeet greens.

19. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    aching muscles, stomachache are still not that serious, but you'd risk inflicting some permanant damage if you play with injury. playing with extra fatigue can be dangerous too.

And in these days where an appaling number of cases of sportspeople, both young and old, suddenly dropped dead after rigorous activity, for no apparent reason, i think we should be scared.

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    It's the food we eat, or more specifically it's the processed food that's commonly available in our society. There's so much sweet and fatty food out there that even if one exercise regularly, one could still die of a heart attack.