Mp100 & Mp99

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nievk8701, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Nievk8701

Nievk8701 Regular Member

Trader
    Which on is better, on d paper mp100 is better. but how come seldom c international player use mp100, so far i only knw reiko n few is usin...

someone wana trade mp100 v my ti10, how do u think? is it a good deal? thks for ur advice n opinion.

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    MP100 already discontinued....
    as for trading, i think that you need to top-up some.....:D

3. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I guess a ti10 and a mp100 is around the same value, but depending on condition too.if i were you i would use the ti0 instead of mp99 or 100

4. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    An important fact you're leaving out is whether your Ti-10 is the old version or new version.

If it's the new version and the other person's MP-100 is in good condition, I would probably do the trade; even if the 100 doesn't suit you, it's discontinued and its rarity will shoot, so you may be able to sell it to someone and make a bit of profit. Otherwise hang it as a gallery item, ;) . If the 100 is damaged or not in the best of condition while your Ti-10 is looking great, then the choice would be up to you, inspect for any cracks or potential hazards with the 100.

If your Ti-10 is of the old version, I probably wouldn't do the trade. The only exception would be if your racquet was not in good shape and the 100 was. The old Ti-10 is YY's best powerhouse racquet, it's discontinued, so a lot of players want it. The old version Ti-10 packs more power than the 100 and due to demand, shops with remaining stock are marking up the price tag, so you'd be at a loss with your $, rarity, and performance (assuming you're looking for power, since both Ti-10 and MP-100 are offensive and stiff).

In short, if both racquets are relatively in the same condition, trade if you own a new version Ti-10, don't if you own an old version.

If you're not sure, new Ti-10 is black/orange/yellow, the old one is red/black.

-------------------------------------------------------

Someone recently asked about the 99 and 100 (a few days ago), do a search or scroll down the topic list and see if you can find it. Both racquets are top of the line, the 99 was released after the 100, so it had the 99 name. As said before, the 100 has stopped production since 2005, while the 99 is still being made, so that may explain why you don't see many players using the 100.

They are both stiff racquets, and most will say that the 99 is all-rounder and even balance, while the 100 is slightly offensive with a head heavy balance. I don't know what you mean by "the 100 is better on paper", but if you're just comparing specs, the 100 has Ti Mesh on the frame while the 99 does not. However, the 100 doesn't have Ultimum Ti on the frame, while the 99 does.

In short:

MP-100 has Ti Mesh frame (no Ult Ti)/Ult Ti shaft
    MP-99 has Ult Ti frame/Ult Ti shaft

These factors shouldn't really affect a racquet's performance, it's more of a state of mind, ;)

5. Nievk8701

Nievk8701 Regular Member

Trader
    thks evryone, reli got valueble feedback here. thks a lot