User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 31

Thread: BG65Ti

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    sydney, australia
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default BG65Ti

    I have a question for those who use & have used bg65ti,

    dont you find that it has good sound & power at first, then gets worse & loses that good sound & power?? i have my ns9k x strung with bg65ti at 22 pounds, i have only used this string for about a week now. Could it be because it drops tension??

    anyone else experience this problem????

    Thx for help!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    836
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes, it because tension has dropped, simply add 2 pound on your desired tension then it should be no problem.
    anyway, good stringer could minimize this problem too

  3. #3
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,255
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The last time I used 65Ti, I purposely had it strung up to 26lb; I normally play at 24lb. The initial tension loss was very rapid, but that racket is still carrying ~23lb over a year later, and plays very nicely - 65Ti seems to keep tension pretty well once the initial creep has been sorted out.

    Follow sifuyono's tip and string 2lb over, then leave the racket alone for 48hrs - playing with a freshly strung racket is basically throwing tension away (trust me, I did this recently!). Your stringer will almost certainly be adding 10% for knotting, but it's worth making sure. Also, you might want to ask for a prestretch. I did a racket in 65 recently and got an extra foot in length by removing the slack.

    Sound-wise, it's certainly one of the best (but 68Ti might be even better).
    Last edited by Mark A; 10-02-2007 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Extra info

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the bg 65ti falls under "durability strings" so it's basically designed for high tension stringing say 26 lbs up. most hardhitters use this model since it's designed for aggressive tournament plays as well.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you should string it at 25lbs

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    The last time I used 65Ti, I purposely had it strung up to 26lb; I normally play at 24lb. The initial tension loss was very rapid, but that racket is still carrying ~23lb over a year later, and plays very nicely - 65Ti seems to keep tension pretty well once the initial creep has been sorted out.

    Follow sifuyono's tip and string 2lb over, then leave the racket alone for 48hrs - playing with a freshly strung racket is basically throwing tension away (trust me, I did this recently!). Your stringer will almost certainly be adding 10% for knotting, but it's worth making sure. Also, you might want to ask for a prestretch. I did a racket in 65 recently and got an extra foot in length by removing the slack.

    Sound-wise, it's certainly one of the best (but 68Ti might be even better).
    How can strings last you for 1 year ><, mine barely lasts for a month even though i play like twice a week or less now @@. BG68ti is the better string, very nice power and sound after you break the string in.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    BG-65 Ti is only good if you string it to 30 lbs or more in order to take out most of the slacks.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hoho..then most rackets in the market cant really use BG65ti,if u have to string it above than 30 lbs or more to make it good.It'll broke before u can even enjoy.=P

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    London/HongKong
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am using the 65Ti at 24lb, doesn't work that bad really, although I must say it has losen up a bit since I got my racket strung.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i find these strings better than bg 65

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I string all my stiff racquets with bg68ti 29 - 30lbs so that when the tension drops, it becomes in my opinion, one of the best strings that I've used. Awesome for control, good power, and excellent durability. I never quite liked the bg65 or the bg65 ti very much~

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haifeng7 View Post
    I have a question for those who use & have used bg65ti,

    dont you find that it has good sound & power at first, then gets worse & loses that good sound & power?? i have my ns9k x strung with bg65ti at 22 pounds, i have only used this string for about a week now. Could it be because it drops tension??

    anyone else experience this problem????

    Thx for help!

    Hi I had just strung BG65Ti (by mistake) @ 25lb straight/27lb cross, where it felt sucks the first time i play....surprising after the few times...its getting better to play oledi.

    As far as I concerned BG80 still my no.1 choice (eventhough some suggested me to try Gosen) where i think it delivers strong repulsions when u smash.

    So dude i recomend you try BG80 (Pls take note of its 0.68mm cos it may not be as durable as BG65Ti, Its a matter of choice..long-lasting OR Enjoyable-play)

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, i am new, i agree that 65 ti feel and works the best at a 28 to 30 lbs, i have been using ths string for a year, i try on all 4 of my at900 (t), i try different string before, but 65 ti and 65p, is the best at 28lbs, it doesn't lose tension,but it doesn't last so long either.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jakarta & Auckland
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love BG65Ti, I find although its considered as durable but I can get more power using 65Ti compare to 80. For some reason I cant get the same power out of 80 compare to 65Ti I tried 80 for 2 months already, but power & sound I find 65Ti better. Not sure where is my mistake.
    I string 65Ti at 29lb, when I tried 80 I tried at 29, 28, 26 (actually I try 26 first because it says to string 10% lower than 65).

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ae86trueno View Post
    I love BG65Ti, I find although its considered as durable but I can get more power using 65Ti compare to 80. For some reason I cant get the same power out of 80 compare to 65Ti I tried 80 for 2 months already, but power & sound I find 65Ti better. Not sure where is my mistake.
    I string 65Ti at 29lb, when I tried 80 I tried at 29, 28, 26 (actually I try 26 first because it says to string 10% lower than 65).
    Did you find the BG65Ti to lack in control?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jakarta & Auckland
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    Did you find the BG65Ti to lack in control?
    compared to? I use 70pro before too. compare to 70pro yeah i find 65Ti is harder for netting.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ae86trueno View Post
    compared to? I use 70pro before too. compare to 70pro yeah i find 65Ti is harder for netting.
    Any string you used. I found the BG65Ti to have the worst control due to the Ti coating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. From BG65Ti to WHAT???
    By ah.b|ack in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 19
    : 10-02-2011, 02:20 AM
  2. Bg65ti
    By Smashis in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 18
    : 04-01-2008, 10:37 PM
  3. Ti-5 w/ bg65ti
    By LuckyBoy in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 1
    : 04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
  4. TI SP SR w/ bg65TI
    By TI-SP-SS dude in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 22
    : 05-10-2003, 09:25 AM
  5. Bg65Ti
    By mtakako in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 8
    : 02-01-2002, 12:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •