Toalson nano premium 66 and premium66

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Sgbad, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Has anyone tried the above 2 strings b4? Any comments/reviews? Whats the difference between them?

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I did one of my old rackets in Premium 66, and it felt very much like BG-80 (even the yellow colouring). It was slightly thicker, at 0.70, but played quite similarly. The surface seemed to have a coating similar to Vectran (but not Vectran, obviously).

It holds tension at least as well as BG-80, but I can't comment on longevity because that racket is now a spare.

3. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I see, so do u recommend toalson? I heard the replusion durability etc is comparable to bg66. Is that true?

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I wouldn't go as far as to compare the power to BG-66 (which is one of the MOST powerful Yonexes), but it certainly competes with BG-80. The 0.70 diameter is an added incentive - it should last longer than BG-80 as well.

Given the excellent price, I would definitely give it a try. If you like it, you'll save a lot on future purchases.

5. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Thanks Mark A for the prompt replies.

6. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Hey, how do these toalsons play compared to ashaway strings(micropower)

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Whoops! Typo in the previous posts: I meant Premium 65.

The Ashaway MP i used last time was 0.66 version from overseas. As such, there's no way any .70 string could compare on the playability side. However, it didn't last very long (mishit:().

I have yet to try the more common 0.70 version of Micropower, but I shall be doing in the very near future, at which point I'll compare it to everything I've tried up to the present. The .66 version was quite soft compared to the Toalson; I find Premium 65 to be "crisp" like BG-80.

Nano Premium 66 has the same diameter as BG-66, so it's not unlikely that it plays similar to BG-66. If it is also more durable than BG-66 then it presents great value money (BG-66 is one of the least durable Yonex strings, but the performance you get from it before it breaks is, IMO, close to unbeatable).

For now, though, Nanogy 98 is next under the microscope:D.

8. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

The 0.7mm MP is great (thanks Dinkalot for the recommendation)! I strung it at a higher tension than my intended 24lbs (due to miscalibration of the machine and also accidentally knocking the crank dial to the higher tension range), at an estimate, its probably around 27lbs.

It did feel like a board when you press it with your fingers, but didn't play like one - in fact it felt great! Clears and smashes had around 90-95% of my usual power, but control at the net and drop shots increased significantly.

Definitely highly recommended.

9. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

The Toalson Nano .66 is good especially in term of value of money and performance. It is another good choice beside the BG-66.

I think the BG-66 lost tension quite fast. Newly strung BG-66 is always the best to play.

Hopefully, Sir Dink will have a chance to try this string and give some comments.