2007 VanLawn Junior B Tourney!

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by RacquetChat, Oct 4, 2007.

1. RacquetChat

RacquetChat Regular Member

Hiya folks!

I just wanted to let everyone know that online registration is now open for our annual Junior B Tourney. It's traditionally been held in late November, but this year Badminton BC asked us to move it to October (19th to 21st).

Here's the link to the registration page: http://tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=17196

Good luck to everyone playing in this weekend's Thanksgiving Tourney, and don't eat too much turkey :)

Cheers!

#1 RacquetChat, Oct 4, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  2. RacquetChat

Hiya Folks - I know everyone is still recovering from the battles at Clear2 this past weekend. There's only 3 days left to register for the VanLawn Junior B so come on over and sign up for some more baddy fun!

Cya in a couple of weekends,

RacquetChat

3. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

mhhh will the tourny be supplying at least 1 feather per game this year?? 50 bucks for nylon sorta sucks for me last year

4. RacquetChat

Hey Hilikus -- thanks for playing last year, and I hope you play again this year. The entrance fee is $45 for 3 events, and you're right, we use nylon shuttles for Junior B's.

But you bring up a great point. I wonder if we could get some sponsorship from a shuttle-maker and get some feather's for the next one.

For a newbie like me, I can't tell the difference (I can tell people are cringing as they read this). It drives my kids crazy everytime I say that.

Cheers,

Jonn

PS: We're gonna have some nice gifts for players too. It's cool to see people using our water bottles months/years after a tournament... but we thought we'd try something different this time.

#4 RacquetChat, Oct 11, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  5. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

so, what if i play only one event, how much would i be paying then?? and also, i heard some people say that when playing at VLT i need 2 wear all white. That means white shirt, white shorts, and white socks?? is that true, i need 2 find out before friday.

6. RacquetChat

Hey there -- have you already registered? The registration process closed on Saturday.

As for your questions:

1. Entry fee is $35 for one event, and $45 for 2 or more events.
    2. All Whites Rule: Every piece of clothing must be 90% white. I don't want to know if you're going "commando" or not. That's too much information. :)

Cheers,

Jonn

7. K-MusclePower

i did sign up already last week, but do i pay when i get there?? and is singles on friday or saturday?? i know i asking a lot, but the website and the online sign up dont say a lot

8. RacquetChat

Feel free to ask questions. I may not have answers for many of them, though.

Payments should be made in advance to VLTBC. These details were posted on the BadBC website on our tourney poster (it's not there now, for some reason). Otherwise, you can pay when you arrive.

We usually play Singles on the Friday starting with U12 at 4pm, Singles Consolations Saturday morning, Doubles early Saturday afternoon, followed by Mixed Doubles (with BD/GD consolations mixed in). These will all be played through to the Semi's.

All Finals will take place Sunday morning, starting at 9am, with the order of play to be announced at the tournament. And yes, we'll be playing 3/4 play off's too; it's not required by Badminton BC but LOTS and LOTS of kids and parents thank us every year for doing it, so we're willing to stay an extra couple of hours to organize those games too :)

On another note: There has been a delay with Badminton BC and seedings. I can't make the draws until I receive the seedings. In previous years, I've posted the draws at TournamentSoftware on the Monday or Tuesday BEFORE the tourney. However, I may not be able to do that until Wednesday night (late).

Good luck to everyone this weekend, and it'll be nice to see some familiar faces again.

Cheers,

Jonn

9. K-MusclePower

last questin, do we get t-shirts with this tournemnt that is all white, or do we have to bring our own

10. RacquetChat

K-MP: No, we're not giving out t-shirts -- we've got a great entry gift for everyone but I don't want to spoil the surprise. Please bring your own white shirt.

Cheers,

Jonn

11. RacquetChat

Hi folks,

I just received the seedings from BBC tonight. The draws were created and have been approved by a BBC Umpire/Referee. I've JUST completed the timings and everything has been posted here:

http://tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=17196

Please PM me if you see any discrepancies.

Cheers,

Jonn

(and thanks for your patience -- we usually have the draws up a couple of days earlier)

12. Takamsda

Takamsda Regular Member

Professional Badminton Racket Stringer at Noah's B
    John your draw is almost flawless. It's beautiful.

13. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

Rofl T ma sigh... u loser, u still owe me 2 greens from last year in finals better pay up ^^ or ill have to show up distract u !! ;)

#13 xXHilikusXx, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  14. RacquetChat

"Almost Flawless" -- Whatdya mean? I thought it was perfect, no? :D

Good luck to everyone playing this weekend.

Cheers,

Jonn

15. Ticite

Ticite Regular Member

RacquetChat, I gave you a PM.