User Tag List

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally have a chance to uses this racket today. Got used to the racket quite quickly. Feel is fairly similar to my N9000 Type X. In terms of stiffness, this racket is actually slightly more stiffer than the N9000 type X. Very powerful racket, but find this racket slightly harder to defend, probably due to the stiffness. Now, I just need time to get used to the feel and touch shots. Overall this racket is definitely a keeper. Strung racket at 23lbs using Gosen Nanolgy strings(main) and Gosen bio roots (cross) on a Wise tension head.

Quote Originally Posted by mtakako View Post
    Brought my TC700 3 weeks ago in HK from E78. Finally got a chance to restring the racket yesterday. Hopefully can try it out soon. Initial feel and weight seems to be fairly close to YY 9000 type X. Anyone feel the same way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, I've been looking at the TC700 and the price that http://www.kaisengbadminton.com/ has it listed at is brilliant.

I remember reading about some people using Kaiseng badminton in this thread but I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with me? Also, has anyone got an email address I can contact the store/store owner on? I'd be buying from the UK and I'd rather not shell out on an international rate phone call just to sort out some simple things before I make the purchase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    Hi guys, I've been looking at the TC700 and the price that http://www.kaisengbadminton.com/ has it listed at is brilliant.

I remember reading about some people using Kaiseng badminton in this thread but I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with me? Also, has anyone got an email address I can contact the store/store owner on? I'd be buying from the UK and I'd rather not shell out on an international rate phone call just to sort out some simple things before I make the purchase.
    It sells for 40% off (about 98 GBPs) at shuttle-house.com in Japan thats a fair price I think.

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey twobeer,

any quick, concise, unbiased comparison (playing characteristics only...sometimes i forgot how many racquets i have that they all got mixed up plus i don't use them all the time...mainly using the YYs...others are for keepsakes u understand) between tc 700 vs arc zs.

many thanks,
    MetalOrange
    Last edited by MetalOrange; 11-23-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy one from Dink http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...26#post1310926

Or better yet get an Ultra II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalOrange View Post
    hey twobeer,

any quick, concise, unbiased comparison (playing characteristics only...sometimes i forgot how many racquets i have that they all got mixed up plus i don't use them all the time...mainly using the YYs...others are for keepsakes u understand) between tc 700 vs arc zs.

many thanks,
    MetalOrange
    Hi Metal :-)

There are both some striking similarities and at the same time they are wide apart as rackets :-)

similarities:
    Both is very quick trough the air, and does not feel very head heavy at al in gameplay... (i am refering to 3U version of both). They also have in cmmon to have significantly smaller sweetspot than most high-end competitors. The TC700 is semi-ISO so it is not as flat on te top as std ISO frames.. It is std width though where the arc-z has a slightly narrower frame. I would rate them similar in the power department. Both racket excels with wippy forearm smashes to create high headspeed upon impact.

I feel arc-z generates power by headspeed combined with the shaft whipping th shuttle.. The TC700 power is more derived from the repulsion which is exceptional.. 9900 is the racket i think comes closes to this which is also stif repulsive.. I guess this is what yy tries to refer to as repulsion or "hold"...

Control,defence and forgivenesswise i think the TC700 wins hands down.. It feels more stable, solid and forgivinig and the stiff shafy makes it more confident when i "go for the lines", and to control sliced shots..

However I feel the TC700 is more demanding in terms of effort in clearing and drives, it is also a bit more head heavy than arc-z so after long sessions it will be more taxing (the 9900 excels in this area imop).. and also it has less vibration damping imop than the Z. On the other hand I feel more vibrations in the Z due to the longer and more flexy shaft.

cheers,
    Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Hi Metal :-)

I feel arc-z generates power by headspeed combined with the shaft whipping th shuttle.. The TC700 power is more derived from the repulsion which is exceptional.. 9900 is the racket i think comes closes to this which is also stif repulsive.. I guess this is what yy tries to refer to as repulsion or "hold"...

However I feel the TC700 is more demanding in terms of effort in clearing and drives, it is also a bit more head heavy than arc-z so after long sessions it will be more taxing (the 9900 excels in this area imop).. and also it has less vibration damping imop than the Z. On the other hand I feel more vibrations in the Z due to the longer and more flexy shaft.

cheers,
    Twobeer
    twobeer,

as i myself also have the tc700 mean green i just thought to seek out your views and the above two paragraphs i quoted fm you is spot on.

i won't elaborate how i love arc zs more over ns9900 and over tc700, however, that's 1,2 & 3 for me.

now, i felt that tc700 is ever so slightly better than li ning n90 (which i always refer as stiff as a brick and no feel...i like stiff but it's gotta have feedback).

so, what's ur take re: tc700 vs n90?

thanks,
    MetalOrange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

twobeer,

as i myself also have the tc700 mean green i just thought to seek out your views and the above two paragraphs i quoted fm you is spot on.

i won't elaborate how i love arc zs more over ns9900 and over tc700, however, that's 1,2 & 3 for me.

now, i felt that tc700 is ever so slightly better than li ning n90 (which i always refer as stiff as a brick and no feel...i like stiff but it's gotta have feedback).

so, what's ur take re: tc700 vs n90?

thanks,
    MetalOrange
    I agree that the tc700 has slightly more horsepowers than N90 if yielded correctly .. But N90 has a huge sweetspot, and still produces awesome power/kick...

I do not agree with the view that the are too stiff and lacks feel.. I think these rackets offers tremendeous feedback and feel. And for argumenteing the N90 case, I am sure a player like Lin Dan would use another model from LN if it felt lika a brick it lacked feedback too him As far as I know about the N-series development, the N90 was more or less designed and modified based on his testing input and preferences.. so it is kind of tell us how you want it and we will make it, approach from Li Ning...

But obviously taste is different, otherwise the rest of team china players would choose to play with the N90 and no other models where needed :-) ..

Cheers,
    Twobeer

P.S. looking at the China Open videos today I feel that the offense of LD today is visibly more lethal than it was when he used AT700.. I think this may be attributed to a little more power from the stiffer and more powerful N90 compared to his old AT700.. D.S.
    Last edited by twobeer; 11-24-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

twobeer,

tks for accomodating my tc700 and li ning n90 comparisons request from you. bingo, right on the money n90 has a larger sweetspot, thus i don't like it that much, simple as that. i guess you know why, considering others might like a larger sweetspot...

i guess ld now has a newer racquet (probably the n90 II?). i also think ld plays fewer tournaments because he his focusing on training his physical conditioning that's why he is so lethally powerful.

MetalOrange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

twobeer,

tks for accomodating my tc700 and li ning n90 comparisons request from you. bingo, right on the money n90 has a larger sweetspot, thus i don't like it that much, simple as that. i guess you know why, considering others might like a larger sweetspot...

i guess ld now has a newer racquet (probably the n90 II?). i also think ld plays fewer tournaments because he his focusing on training his physical conditioning that's why he is so lethally powerful.

MetalOrange
    Am I right in thinking that generally speaking, the larger the sweetspot is, the less "sweet" it is when you hit it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I right in thinking that generally speaking, the larger the sweetspot is, the less "sweet" it is when you hit it?

absolutely. however, there are no definite absolutes you might agree?

i want to be consistent and when the tiny sweetspot is struck perfectly (most of the time i mean, admittedly it can be misjudge specially on split second cursory glance sometimes,) it is even more powerful than the larger trampoliney effect of racquets with larger sweetspots. i am no pro but i like training and playing this way.

kind regards,
    MetalOrange
    Last edited by MetalOrange; 11-25-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) true - if all other factors being equal...

2) Not true - if other factors like shaft-flex, graphite-material, frame, weight, strings etc comes into play.. (many more factors than just the sweetspot affecting how "sweet" the hit is :-)

/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, what he said is approximately correct, Actually I brought it about 25 Yen.
    I think the price is something like 24.150 Yen (approx 207 USD ).

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crosstrainer1 View Post
    yes, what he said is approximately correct, Actually I brought it about 25 Yen.
    With 25yen, you can only buy a pack of tissues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe only Twobeer can help me with this.

My current TC700 has a few grommets which are broken and when I send it to the badminton shop, they told me that even the smallest grommets they have is still not the right size.

Any place to get replacement grommets ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    Maybe only Twobeer can help me with this.

My current TC700 has a few grommets which are broken and when I send it to the badminton shop, they told me that even the smallest grommets they have is still not the right size.

Any place to get replacement grommets ?
    I know the product code for the grommets is 7ZA-800, and the list is something like 420 yen. I don't know which shop has it though...

Mabye check with a store if they can request it from Mizuno?

Cheers,
    TJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the product code for the grommets is 7ZA-800, and the list is something like 420 yen. I don't know which shop has it though...

Mabye check with a store if they can request it from Mizuno?

Cheers,
    TJ
    Thanks. This is a tough one, I enquire from HK shops before and they don't seem to have the grommet kit.

The grommets on your TC700 are still ok ? I thought that at the tension you are using, they would have disintegrated long time ago !

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast