User Tag List

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 533
  1. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,139
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tested my 3ug5 tc700 (strung with bg66) two nights ago during my badminton session.

    I thought its quite a hefty stick and the weight of the tc700 is close to a woven7. I found it heavier and more demanding than my 3u mp100. imho the tc700 is a powerful racket and the feel is similar to mp100/ti-10/woven7/woven7i. just my $0.02.

  2. #121
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    I tested my 3ug5 tc700 (strung with bg66) two nights ago during my badminton session.

    I thought its quite a hefty stick and the weight of the tc700 is close to a woven7. I found it heavier and more demanding than my 3u mp100. imho the tc700 is a powerful racket and the feel is similar to mp100/ti-10/woven7/woven7i. just my $0.02.
    So envious !

    If you had let me know that you are getting your fren to help you get the TC700, I would have ask if can tumpang and order another one for me, keke

  3. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Finally got my TC700 ! Got 2 in fact, one strung with BG66 at 26lbs and the other is unstrung. The 2nd one will either be a backup or I will sell to any Singaporean that makes me a good offer for it, keke.

  4. #123
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    Finally got my TC700 ! Got 2 in fact, one strung with BG66 at 26lbs and the other is unstrung. The 2nd one will either be a backup or I will sell to any Singaporean that makes me a good offer for it, keke.
    BG80@30x33 is like a dream on it :-)

    I clashed during doubles last week with one of my TC700s with a NS6K.. I can hardly see a scratch on my TC.. May the NS rest in peace

    but that got me worried.. maybe I need to stock up more during christmas :-)

    I would love to hear your view of the tc700 when you have gotten used to it :-).

    /Twobeer
    Last edited by twobeer; 12-09-2008 at 01:52 PM.

  5. #124
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OOh my gosh, three more days until my flight to Japan, when I can finally touch my TC700 and GP10.. *drools*.

    Twobeer, do you know if the TC700's handle is hollow or not ? I love using high tension now, 30lbs with Micropower XL on my AT700 but I need to fill the handle with modelling clay.. otherwise my wrist, my elbow, my arm and my shoulder dies.

    If you don't know.. I shall find out myself..

  6. #125
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    BG80@30x33 is like a dream on it :-)

    I clashed during doubles last week with one of my TC700s with a NS6K.. I can hardly see a scratch on my TC.. May the NS rest in peace

    but that got me worried.. maybe I need to stock up more during christmas :-)

    I would love to hear your view of the tc700 when you have gotten used to it :-).

    /Twobeer
    30x33 is for professionals like you, me just a newbie at badminton.

    I remember seeing a lot of comments that the TC700 is head heavy, however it actually feels even balance to me, definitely not as head heavy as my Brave Sword 08.

    The swing feels good, can't wait to try it when I head back to Singapore.

    I was considering getting one TC500 instead of an extra TC700 but even the boss of the shop also say TC700 better.

    So the TC700 is so robust that it will cause damage to other racquets but itself will be ok ? Maybe we should play together and clash our TC700 to see what will happen ? ;p
    Last edited by teoky; 12-09-2008 at 06:32 PM.

  7. #126
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    OOh my gosh, three more days until my flight to Japan, when I can finally touch my TC700 and GP10.. *drools*.

    Twobeer, do you know if the TC700's handle is hollow or not ? I love using high tension now, 30lbs with Micropower XL on my AT700 but I need to fill the handle with modelling clay.. otherwise my wrist, my elbow, my arm and my shoulder dies.

    If you don't know.. I shall find out myself..
    haha, no I have not disected one yet.. so far they are still intact, so I would not mess with the handle :-)

    I find it to be OK vibration wise (the old TC500 did vibrate very much!!), so I have no problem (but I really have no major issue even with the other rackets vibration vise).

    Interested to know abaut your findings!!!

    cheers,
    Twobeer

  8. #127
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    30x33 is for professionals like you, me just a newbie at badminton.

    I remember seeing a lot of comments that the TC700 is head heavy, however it actually feels even balance to me, definitely not as head heavy as my Brave Sword 08.

    The swing feels good, can't wait to try it when I head back to Singapore.

    I was considering getting one TC500 instead of an extra TC700 but even the boss of the shop also say TC700 better.

    So the TC700 is so robust that it will cause damage to other racquets but itself will be ok ? Maybe we should play together and clash our TC700 to see what will happen ? ;p
    If you measure the balance it is indeed quite head heavy, but i agree it feels kind of mid balanced in defence/flat play.. That's is partly why I love it so much.. It has tremendous power without sacrificing the defence that much.. hard to beat combo :-)

    I would love to visit Singapore (especillay this time of year when it is getting dark and cold in sweden) and have some games :-)

    /Twobeer

  9. #128
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have strung my old coloured TC700 with BG68ti at 28-29.Darn..this racket is the fastest racket i've ever used.I still couldn't find the power for smashing like the AT's though..

  10. #129
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    does anyone have photos of the old color tc700?

  11. #130
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kimir View Post
    does anyone have photos of the old color tc700?



  12. #131
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    If you measure the balance it is indeed quite head heavy, but i agree it feels kind of mid balanced in defence/flat play.. That's is partly why I love it so much.. It has tremendous power without sacrificing the defence that much.. hard to beat combo :-)

    I would love to visit Singapore (especillay this time of year when it is getting dark and cold in sweden) and have some games :-)

    /Twobeer
    I don't have a ruler to measure the BP, but my estimate is that the BP on my TC700 is at least 300mm and yet it feels even balance compared to the rest of my head heavy racquet.

    Good, if you do come to sunny Singapore, let me know, I have another swedish friend that joins me for badminton sometimes and I can make the intro !

  13. #132
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My TC700 2UG5's bp was 310mm with strings and the original grip.





    Got the GP10 3UG5 as well. I forgot to measure the BP.






    Both are strung to 27lbs with BG66sharp. I'll give them a try later..

    The stringer at shuttle-cock.com strung it with two-piece stringing but the stringing pattern seemed very wrong.. and the tension feels uneven.

  14. #133
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I played 2 games last night with the TC700 and it wasn't good. Clear is very powerful but defence and control quite bad, lost both games to my friend and had to switch to my Victor Brave Sword and then I won.

    I saw from many reviews that it takes time to master the racquet so I will put effort into mastering this beast !

  15. #134
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    I played 2 games last night with the TC700 and it wasn't good. Clear is very powerful but defence and control quite bad, lost both games to my friend and had to switch to my Victor Brave Sword and then I won.

    I saw from many reviews that it takes time to master the racquet so I will put effort into mastering this beast !
    If I want to adjust to a new racket, I think it is generally a VERY bad idea to switch back and forth with my old racket.. It just reinforces the timing used to for the old racket, and makes it more tricky to adjust the timing to the new tested model..

    You are really not giving yourself a chance to adjust your timing if you switch to using the old timing after just a few games..

    my 2 c..

    /T

  16. #135
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    If I want to adjust to a new racket, I think it is generally a VERY bad idea to switch back and forth with my old racket.. It just reinforces the timing used to for the old racket, and makes it more tricky to adjust the timing to the new tested model..

    You are really not giving yourself a chance to adjust your timing if you switch to using the old timing after just a few games..

    my 2 c..

    /T
    Sorry, I just had to beat him so I revert back to my usual racquet.

    Anyway, today used the TC700 again and I am getting the hang of it.

    A friend tried it and both time he smash, he missed ! Ha ha, and he is not a beginner, quite a good player.

  17. #136
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What a great temptation to buy TC700 after hearing from you guys ...... Will hear more reviews first especially some of you just got it .....

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 2 X Mizuno Tetracross 700
    By Ah_Peng in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 08-24-2010, 09:10 AM
  2. New Tetracross...
    By twobeer in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 19
    : 08-21-2010, 05:40 PM
  3. WTB: Mizuno Tetracross 500
    By charleslml in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 11-15-2008, 07:49 AM
  4. Tetracross 700 vs GP-10 vs Ti-10
    By Tsumaranai in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 12
    : 11-05-2008, 06:12 PM
  5. Tetracross vs ArcSaber...
    By Tsuioku in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 10
    : 03-22-2008, 06:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •