Need some advices from pros :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by rockbirdfly, Oct 6, 2007.

1. rockbirdfly

rockbirdfly New Member

Hi:
    I just bought a new yonex at250 for 85 dollars. everything seems good. but there is no yy logo painted on the strings. could it be a fake racket?
    thanks a lot

2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    just because their is no YY logo on the string does not mean it is a fake, many higher end models do not come with strings because the player that is buying it has his own tastes on strings like BG-65 or BG-80 etc, so these strings do not have a logo imprinted on them so the AT250 does not come with strings from the factory so who ever you bought it from included strings with it and strung it.

3. rockbirdfly

rockbirdfly New Member

Hi,I just took a few pictures of the racket..If anyone can take a look at it:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Should be genuine - given that there's not much profit margin for a fake of the AT250. Fakes are usually for the higher end models - AT700 and up.

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Fakes can copy any models.The rackets r all the same,just painted it differently.Ppl with a higher demand can afford a "better fake" which can hold a higher tension than "standard fake".N of course,a better paint job and a better laser engraved code.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

the at250 looks real to me.
    fyi, yonex usa gives dealer option to purchase racquet strung or frame only. yonex usa charge dealer $10 to string the racquet with bg65. those usually come with yy logo on the string bed. at price of $85, it is a fair deal. i just don't like the location of main tide off and extra cross. everything else should be fine.

7. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Yes, but they can make much more profit with a fake of say an AT700 compared to an AT250 (available in Malaysia, Spore, HK for around USD$40-50 last time I looked) - which is why most of fakers will focus on higher end models.

8. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

The pros are forced to ink the YY logo onto the string since they are sponsored

9. nicexerin

nicexerin Regular Member

Computer Engineering Student, University Technolog
    Agreed. you also can do your own design on it. my brother draw smiley faces on his racket. it quite cool :D