User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 25
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Who are the Top-4 MD pairs in the world at the moment?

    Scope: We are looking at MD pairs' performances from the beginning of 2007 till now.

    I think we are pretty sure who are the top-3 pairs (in no particular order),

    CY/FHF
    KKK/TBH
    MK/HS

    Then, which is the last pair?

    CW/TG?
    JJS/LYD?
    CTF/LWW?
    JE/MLH?
    or ...?

    What is your opinion? The choice could be based on your own criteria - just explain why in your reply.

  2. #2
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CW/TG. They consistently get there but don't necessarily have the finishing power.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DinkAlot is right! Candra Wijaya-Tony Gunawan should be the 4th...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Agree with both of you too. What triggered me to create this thread is that I read what Rexy told the press after Macau Open,

    "The world's best four pairs were there (in Macau). And I certainly want to thank and congratulate the players (KKK/TBH and perhaps CTF/LWW) for a job well done."

    TG/CW didn't participate. Wonder if he was referring to JJS/LYD as the 4th pair.

    If JJS/LYD works harder, they may replace TG/CW one day. That will bring us back to the later part of 1980s where the "4 Heavenly MD Pairs" came from these four countries - CHN (TBJ/LYB => CY/FHF), INA (RG/EH => MK/HS), KOR (PJB/KMS => JJS/LYD) and MAS (RS/JS => KKK/TBH) while the No.2 pairs from these countries were not strong enough to consistently challenge them.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000 View Post
    Agree with both of you too. What triggered me to create this thread is that I read what Rexy told the press after Macau Open,

    "The world's best four pairs were there (in Macau). And I certainly want to thank and congratulate the players (KKK/TBH and perhaps CTF/LWW) for a job well done."

    TG/CW didn't participate. Wonder if he was referring to JJS/LYD as the 4th pair.

    If JJS/LYD works harder, they may replace TG/CW one day. That will bring us back to the later part of 1980s where the "4 Heavenly MD Pairs" came from these four countries - CHN (TBJ/LYB => CY/FHF), INA (RG/EH => MK/HS), KOR (PJB/KMS => JJS/LYD) and MAS (RS/JS => KKK/TBH) while the No.2 pairs from these countries were not strong enough to consistently challenge them.
    Yup, I think that's what Rexy meant... From the looks of it, we might very well enter another era of the "4 Heavenly MD Pairs"...

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Planet of Lords
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CW/TG is far more superior compare with JJS/LYD in terms of skill/consistency

  7. #7
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    CW/TG is far more superior compare with JJS/LYD in terms of skill/consistency
    Thats true.. but it seems that Candra and Tony is losing their Edge already.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Thats true.. but it seems that Candra and Tony is losing their Edge already.
    On the other hand, Denmark is still pretty much relying on the veteran pairs. JE/MLH (World #2 prior to the pairing up of KKK/TBH) is losing their edge as well. Former world champion LP/JR seems to be bouncing back recently but I doubt it could last long. So, I foresee the new era of "4 Heavenly MD Pairs" to arrive in 3 years' time.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000 View Post
    On the other hand, Denmark is still pretty much relying on the veteran pairs. JE/MLH (World #2 prior to the pairing up of KKK/TBH) is losing their edge as well. Former world champion LP/JR seems to be bouncing back recently but I doubt it could last long. So, I foresee the new era of "4 Heavenly MD Pairs" to arrive in 3 years' time.
    I like JE/MLH a lot. They are still playing top class doubles despite their age, and this goes to show their class and professionalism. Dont write them off in Beijing, this oldies may just spring a surprise.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Thats true.. but it seems that Candra and Tony is losing their Edge already.
    age factor maybe?? and also the fact tat they are not training together rite??

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i still see tat potential winners in OG '08 to be KKK/TBH, CY/FHF, MK/HS, JJJ/LYD.. others might create upsets... referring to CTF/LWW, MLH/JE.. but i dun think LP/JS can do much cuz they have been toooo unconsistent.. ah.. i think the biggest threat is definitely TG/CW..

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    jakarta, indonesia
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Markis/Hendra is the 4th

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,678
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meiry View Post
    Markis/Hendra is the 4th
    MK/HS is markis/hendra lol....

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,678
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjl_vanguard View Post
    i still see tat potential winners in OG '08 to be KKK/TBH, CY/FHF, MK/HS, JJJ/LYD.. others might create upsets... referring to CTF/LWW, MLH/JE.. but i dun think LP/JS can do much cuz they have been toooo unconsistent.. ah.. i think the biggest threat is definitely TG/CW..
    TG/CW can't play in OG '08... they can only represent one country ..

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Planet of Lords
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000 View Post
    On the other hand, Denmark is still pretty much relying on the veteran pairs. JE/MLH (World #2 prior to the pairing up of KKK/TBH) is losing their edge as well. Former world champion LP/JR seems to be bouncing back recently but I doubt it could last long. So, I foresee the new era of "4 Heavenly MD Pairs" to arrive in 3 years' time.

    The veterans pair for example JE/MLH & LP/JR; CTF/LWW will be the main threat in OG.. That's where the experiences do matter most..
    If Fu/Chai meets any of the above pair before the semis, they will be in deep trouble...
    But personally i think KKK/TBH have great record against those veterans pairs.. maybe with the exceptions of their own teammates..
    It will be tough for MK/HS to win OG to repeat their greats success
    in WC07. but it is not impossible too.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    its gotta b

    cy/fhf
    kkk/tbh
    lww/ctf
    cw/tg

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hurmmm...IMO

    kkk/tbh
    cy/fhf
    ctf/lww
    mk/hs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who are the Top-4 MS in the world at the moment?
    By alfa-2 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 58
    : 01-08-2009, 02:42 AM
  2. 2008: The Best 4 Pairs of Men's Double In The World
    By Dato A in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 50
    : 12-30-2008, 10:52 AM
  3. Eligible Players/pairs For Ibf World Championships 2006
    By cxytdn in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 5
    : 09-08-2006, 10:55 AM
  4. BAM to decide on doubles pairs for world meet
    By ants in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 8
    : 07-19-2006, 02:43 AM
  5. Pairs can be world champs
    By ants in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 08-28-2005, 12:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •