Hidayat is rising! Is sky the limit?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Gabriyel, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Gabriyel

Gabriyel Regular Member

I have to confess that I always really liked Taufik Hidayat and therefore I do not believe I can be objective in this. Still, I would like to know what you guys think of the recent series of really good results Hidayat managed to get. Here are my questions:
    1) What do you think it is that makes Hidayat play this good recently?
    2) What kind of results do you expect of him in 2008 Olympics?
    3) For how long do you think his momentum will last?
    4) Who's the best fitted to win against Hidayat in the next Olympics?

My personal responses:

1) I think it is a mix between three reasons: 1-He is simply preparing for the Olympics. 2-He was looking for a spot in the top 8. and/or 3-He got mad after saying he was going to show his little girl how good he was and failed (He actually got knocked out in first round of the tournament following the statement.) and now we are dealing with a mad Hidayat (quite dangerous).

2) I expect him to win! I am pretty sure he'll at least make it to the final match.

3) For as long as it takes! No, seriously, I think no man can stand that kind of results for so long. It has to end someday, but not now ;-) . Or perhaps Taufik Hidayat is some kind of super-strong-human!

4) Seriously, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that whoever gets to pass through Hidayat, he'll have to give an hell of a performance.

P.S.

Sorry about the thread icon... thought it was a question mark (I use a quite big (high numbers) resolution and it was not clear...).

#1 Gabriyel, Oct 11, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    he..he nice post.. uou're correct. taufik is preparing for OG 08.. he has played good recently...

#2 taufik-ist, Oct 11, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  3. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Ya..TH is a good player...I believe he will roar again in Olympic..:)

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Oh man. ANOTHER Taufik thread?!

-dave

5. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Well to me i think TH is the person that has the best backhand in the world..He can basically do a backhand so effortlessly as if it is a fore hand stroke and amazing player...

3 runner ups proves that he can do it and i am sure he is one of the most talented Indonesian player..

6. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

Sandakan,Sabah, M'sia.. currently in Auckland, New
    erm..for my point of view..when taufik sets a target (big 1) he will work really and go for it..and of course he usually tries his best to do so..he's also my favourite player since he came out and play in the big tourny

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Pure talent speaking, I think TH is #1 on my list. His performance is usually determined by how hard he wants to work, and how focus he is. In the recent 3 tournies, we see TH wants to try harder (even though, I have a ? for TW MS final, especially 2nd set).

I agree, if TH is working hard and focus, maybe only sky is the limit. :p

8. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

Sandakan,Sabah, M'sia.. currently in Auckland, New
    ya..if he did not focus at all.. he would hav lost easily and his opponents would not hav to struggle to win oer him. He doesnt look old though..he plays like his in early 20's. Because of his backhand, he gave me some inspiration on how to do backhand better

9. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I like the way how TH plays. The way how he executes his shots makes it seems so effortless. Like he's not even trying and yet it goes so well.

But recently, it seems as though he plays with no urgencies. Like he doesn't enforce his authority. It's almost like being over confident. Japan Open with LCW, Taipei with Soni, and Macau with Chen Jin. He seems a bit too relax and doesn't attack so much. Even though he's in the finals of the 3 current tournament, I don't he's quite on form yet. At his current form, I don't think he much of a threat to LD or LCW.

10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    TH is one of the most unpredictable baddy players in the world !
    His overall skills is the best among fellow great players too ..

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think he has reached his peak. As much as I hate to say it, he can be his worst enemy, i.e. if he slackens now in his training, he will find it hard to win again. It is tough competition out there.

He has not won in a long while. Until he gets a win in a SS soon (and I wouldn't mind seeing him win), I would have to say he is now '2nd best'. I think SIMON and SONY are the better bets for INA's badminton from here.