GOSEN 2007 Roots Gavun Range - opinions please

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by joktan, Oct 12, 2007.

1. joktan

joktan New Member

Hi, has anyone tried any of the Roots Gavun range from Gosen. I've heard good reviews about the earlier models but not heard any from the new 2007 range.

Those who have purchased any of the range from 1700 - 7900, can you please share your opinion about the new Gosen racket range?

I am finding that lately my forearm/elbow is hurting after playing for 2 hours and I tend to feel it when I smash or clear with my backhand. I am by no means a power hitter either. Just playing casually with friends. I saw from online Gosen sellers about the gommet and I quote "Vibless Grommet - absorb vibration from impact on string to reduce pain on elbow and arm". Are any of you a testimony to this? That it does reduce arm and elbow strain? Is this just a marketing gimmick?

Any comment will be much appreciated.

2. arcaloveher

arcaloveher Regular Member

Engineer
  3. Craig

Craig Regular Member

Hollywood Video and hoping to coach
    You usually get strain from using your backhand because it isnt like using forehand. The backhand takes elbow power too and the movement of the arm is different than forearm. so elbow strain is a possible if when hitting with backhand, if your technique is bad then elbow strain can happen.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=uqiR2vVn-J8 part 1
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=G2QCU2THDF4 part 2

these are clips teaching backhand. this is how i learned.
    I have a 6900 Boonsak Model and the absorb vibration does work. when i miss hit i dont really feel any vibration. when i have a miss hit i can tell by sound. its a great racket.hope the vids help

4. freeman

freeman Regular Member

I am also interested in the Roots Gavun rackets. how well does the kick point feature work? what's the idea behind it?

5. Craig

Craig Regular Member

I think that the kick point is where the racket gets more of a snap to it, so like for example, if you were to crack a whip, (typical example for badminton) there would be a little part at the end where as soon as you snap it, that end part is a little more flex so it will go whipping forward even faster,that is how i see it. so instead of it being like one shaft, this is like a whole another shaft in one i guess you can say. I say it works well, i can generate more power than i can with other rackets, or maybe its in my head, i dont know but i would consider this racket to anyone

6. freeman

freeman Regular Member

thanks craig for your answer!

is the racket in 3 segments then? the shaft, the kick point segment, then the frame? or is it really 1 piece, only with the kick point segment molded a little bit narrower?

7. joktan

joktan New Member

Thanks for all the help guys. Never realised there's so much tips on You Tube. I think you're right, Craig. I might need to work on my backhand.

8. Craig

Craig Regular Member

well since you mentioned it freeman, i am not sure how the racket is made. if it is made in 3 pieces or not. but i am guessing that it is made in three different pieces by them having that kickpoint made with a much more flex material and a narrower piece.

Joktan, remember, backhand is all about form and footwork. but dont get to used to using it, it does become an advantage to the person your playing.

9. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Gosen Roots Gavun 2700

Hi,

I do have a 2006 version of Roots Aermet Gavun 2700.

Basically Gosen claims to have 4 technologies namely:

The aermet frame on the racquets head (a thicker but lighter head frame)
    The Gavun 2 kick system (claims to enhance hitting power)
    The roots t-joint (claims to enhance probability to hit the sweetspot)
    The short anti-vibration cone handle (something like the wilson series and yonex armortec cone)

PS The length of the racquet is pretty long and the sweetspot is conventional box type (not isometric)

The higher end roots gavun series have the additional technologies like the vibeless grommet and power cavity from 5700 to 7900.

Playing with the racquet feels different from yonex types.
    The triangle t-joint and the skinny two kick point system looks unique.

My impression is this racquet is excellent for clears, good for drives but average for drops and smashes.
    Speed of swing and balance is average.
    It's a welcome alternative to Yonex racquets. Cons: Gosen Racquets are not cheap.