Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Shipping a racquet...
10-13-2007, 12:23 PM #1
Shipping a racquet...
I am planning to buy a racquet thru the Buy&Sell forum. Neither I nor the buyer know the procedure of shipping the racquet. Help/Advise needed
* Which carrier is most preferred --> USPS, UPS, Fedex...
* Do any of these carriers sell custom made boxes for shipping delicate racquets?
* Will bubble wrapping the racquet be safe enuf during the transit?
* Is it necessary to mention that the box contains a fragile item and it shud be "Handled with care"
Thanks in advance.
10-13-2007, 01:31 PM #2
1. I'm in Canada and prefer shipping by USPS when buying from the US. Within the US, my guess is USPS should be fine.
2. I doubt any of them would have a box made for racquets. You'll probably have to find them somewhere else or make them yourself. I keep all the boxes from racquets I bought online just in case I need to ship out a racquet.
3. Highly suggest bubble wrapping the racquet before putting it in the box or go ghetto and use old newspapers. The trick is to make sure the racquet does not move inside the box.
4. Putting "Handle with care" or "Fragile" shouldn't hurt but it won't guarantee your box doesn't get tossed around like a sack of potatoes.
10-13-2007, 11:20 PM #3
10-14-2007, 06:28 PM #4
Thanks for ur replies Pedro and silentheart... that link was very useful.
By KohKoh in forum Market PlaceReplies: 6: 04-08-2012, 12:02 AM
By druss in forum Market PlaceReplies: 4: 03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
By Aphelion- in forum Market PlaceReplies: 1: 02-11-2011, 11:46 AM
By 7thAve in forum Market PlaceReplies: 0: 10-13-2005, 06:54 PM
By LazyBuddy in forum Market PlaceReplies: 5: 10-15-2002, 11:52 AM