Suggestions please

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by apex00, Oct 14, 2007.

1. apex00

apex00 Regular Member

Hey everbody, i'm thinking of buying a new racquet for my birthday but i cant seem to choose which one (since i dont know a lot about racquets). Im more of a offensive player that smashes and drops a lot. Currently, im using a Yonex MP-23 power racquet and a Yonex Iso-75 mf backup. So far i have been looking at the Nanospeed 6000 and 7000 but i have read that the 7000 breaks very easily.. i have also been looking at the at500 and mp99... so if you guys can help me suggest the best racquet for me then it will be greatly appreciated. Again, i am debating from the NS6k, NS7K, MP99, and AT500....

Thanks in advanced!!
    apex00:D

2. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

Ns 6000-7000 are both very headlight racquets. Leaning more towards defensive play. The 6000 is a bit flexible, as the 7000 is rated stiff. I do not think either of these racquets suit an offensive player.

The mp99 is an even balanced racquet. And rated very stiff. It's like the thing in between. Very good allrounder racquet. But the shaft stiffness might be an problem adjusting to for you, coming from flexible racquets.

I'd advice you to try the at-500. It seems like a racquet that would suit your style of play, and it won't be to demanding when looking at your current weapons. It's a tad headheavy and not too stiff. It's by bet. ;)

3. apex00

apex00 Regular Member

i have tried some stiff racquets before but i dont remember the model, but from that it slows down my swing motion and tires my arm out faster...

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I don't think any of the Nanospeeds suit an attacking player, as none of them have any real weight in the head; they are better for the control and defensive player IMO (the 9000X is probably closest to an attacking racket).

As in the previous post, I would point you towards an AT500 first, as it has head weight but is also more flexible than the rest of the Armortecs (so it's more forgiving). If that isn't aggressive enough for you, try an AT700 - the head-heaviest Yonex racket there is at the moment, and stiffer than the 500. The ones in the new red paint job are nowhere near as fragile as the previous black version (but not as pretty either:().

If neither of these is extreme enough, have a look at my current weapon of choice - an Armortec 900 Power: not as head-heavy as a 700 (pretty damn close), but with the stiffest shaft I could find. I don't want to sound condescending, but going from an MP23 to one of these is a massive leap, so I would look mainly at the 500 and, possibly, the 700.

5. apex00

apex00 Regular Member

Well, I have used the mp23 for probably a year already and its very good for me, but i think that i could generate more power with a higher-end racquet like a NS. I will be trying out the MP99 and At700 soon and compare it with my current mp23. From reading other reviews, the ns7000 is a good offence racquet and really easily to maneuver, but it has no durability... but since Mark_A suggested, they made a new ns7000? but i am not sure.... also, i have heard that there is a new raquet called arcsaber7 that is almost the same class as the nanospeed 7000...

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    AT500 is pretty safe; nice solid feel, good power, and pretty good maneuverability. Control is pretty good too. If you want better control and power, but less maneuverability go for the 700. MP99 has pretty good power (less than AT700 IMO), but has great control, and is pretty easy to maneuver.

7. quark_816

quark_816 Regular Member

Engineer
    You should try yonex arcsaber 7..they say its very good for offensive players

8. apex00

apex00 Regular Member

Is the arcsaber7 out yet?

9. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

It's out already in Japan and Singapore, but not sure about other countries yet.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i think the arcsaber7 is good for you too

11. kitseb

kitseb Regular Member

Consultant
    My doubles partner uses the NS7000 he is a very attacking player with a great smash, so whilst in general the NS may suit more defensive play, its much more down to personal preference. I know a lot of attacking players who use head light to even balance rackets.

Personally, I like the AT500 as its not so extreme (not too head heavy / stiff) as the other Amortecs, and I agree with Mark that it would be a good first one to buy in the Amortec range if you want one. However, for you I would recommend the NS6K as it is more flexible, but still head light and easy to play with. I think that your MP23 is also flexible, so the NS6K should be a good upgrade.

12. quark_816

quark_816 Regular Member

Engineer
    Do anyone of you know a online store that sells the arcsaber7?i have this site from korea and japan but i don't understand a thing in the site...maybe APEX00 could purchase one online for his new racquet...have you bought one already?

13. apex00

apex00 Regular Member

No I have no bought one yet, however, I would have considered arcsaber if it was out in canada (where i am). But, tonight, i will be trying the at700 and mp99 and to see how both of them are. Thanks for all your comments... and quark_816.. I never trust buying off websites :p

apex