AT 500 Vs NS9000X

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Moeny, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

Hi!

Sorry to start new post, but i really need a new racket, but i can't try both rackets at my club. I'm a good smasher who likes control. I really have an offensive play, but i can't choose between the AT 500 and the NS9000X. De AT is head heavy, so good for offensive players, but the NS9000X has a good amount of control. And you can smash good with it ( I heard ). I only think the extra stiff is to much for me, but i can't try it.

What is your recommendation?

Greets!

2. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    If you're looking for both power and control, you might want to try the following instead, AT900-T, Ti-10(new version) or NS9000S. AT500 is not stiff, and NS9000X is too stiff.

3. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

Mmm At the yonex site it says the At 500 is stiff. Not true? I just hate the fact that I can't try it, so I have to do it with what people say and what I read about it. Mmm i'm now playing with the Yonex Isometric 87VF, bought it a long time ago ( 5 years )... i think extra stiff is maybe to much of a difference..

Other people? Recommendation?

4. NoName1225

NoName1225 Regular Member

the at 500 is about medium stiff to stiff. The X is like playing with a steel rod. If you want to play with a a stiff racket, try the 9000s instead. Most people dont use the X because the S can do the same, and you don't need the super arm strength to use the X.

5. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    the x is not like playing with a steel rod...but i would advise you to take it one step up in terms of head heaviness and go with the 700, the shaft isn't too stiff on the 700 either so go ahead

6. NoName1225

NoName1225 Regular Member

ok yea, it's not like playing with a steel rod, since i HAVE played with a steel racket, the X plays better. But it is taxing on people who are only recreational.

7. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

Thx for the comments. So if i understand correctly its between the AT 500, 700, 900T and the NS9000S. mmm still difficult. What racket has the best power and control? The NS9000S? I want to stick to yonex :) My current racket is head-light and i'm playing fine with it, so should I take the 900s then? Only one of the 4 who has head-light, right? I hate to choose:p

8. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

I think it will go between the AT500 and the AT900T :)

#8 Moeny, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  9. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I think that NS9000S is more head light than AT900T

10. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

yes i think so too. What is the best for an offensive player, who first had a head-light racket to learn ( and had no knowledge of this) and likes a bit of control. The AT500, the AT900T or de NS9000S?

I think the outcome will be my answer.

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Here is my take.

AT500 is good for beginner who likes to smash and less control It is head heavy.
    AT900t is great for advance players who has control do not have much smash power. It is head heavy.
    Both ATs will take a while to adjust to if you are not using an AT already.
    NS9000-s is good all around racquet with good control and good smashing power. It is head light to even balance in IMHO. However, is it avalible in Netherlands?

12. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

Yes it is avalible here. all three of them. I'm not a beginner. I'm playing for 5 years now and played alot of competition. I'm not used to handle a AT, but my smash power is good for a lady. I can take the shuttle at backline to backline ( sorry for my english ). My teammate has a NS9000X but thats to stiff for me.. So whats best for me? Is the 900P very stiff? compare to the 9000X?

13. silentheart

NS9000-s and AT900-t has about the same stiffness. If you tried NS9000-x and the racquet shaft stiffness is the only issue, go with NS9000-s. Since you have enough power, I will give NS9000-s a edge over AT.
    Good luck.

14. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

I will need the good luck. One question. The AT has a head-heavy, isn't that better for offensive players? Or is that just a mistake and the NS9000S is better for me?

15. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

The ns9000s is a good racquet for everyone. You won't dislike it. That's guaranteed.

16. silentheart

If you can clear from base line to base line, NS9000-s will allow you to do that with more control. AT line will take you more time to get use to. Also, it is easier to sell a NS9000-s if you don't like it while it is harder to sell an AT500.

17. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

Yes i can with my current racket. With the NS9000S can i do that easier or same but just with more control. I'm almost convinced of it... what tension is recommended for a lady with a Yonex NS9000S... maybe my opponent will be scared of me:)

18. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    20-23lbs is always safe. 22 is probably good though.

19. silentheart

You should know your tension. Adjust up or down after you get your racquet, strung, tested out.

20. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I own both the AT900T and NK9KS. I like my AT900T because of the head-heavyness and quickness of the shots I can make. I can do very similar to the NS9KS but it does not quite suit my style of play since I do not quite have the same feeling since it is head-light.

As far as tension, you could go up into the 26lbs.