Casual player looking for new racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Torakira, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Torakira

Torakira New Member

Hi,
    I'm a casual player (once every so often) and I think I'd be in the novice-intermediate level.( I'm not really sure). I do OK...well let's just say I'm not that really good but I enjoy playing anyway. So, getting to the point, I have had a Yonex Isometric 77VF for quite some time now ( actually my bros) and was wondering if it was time I got a better one, or at least my own racket. Is it good enough for me and should I keep on playing with it till it breaks ( I get the feeling it never will)?

I have tried an AT500 and liked it very much, everything seemed to go faster and more precisely.

Now if you think getting a new racket isn't a bad idea, which racket do you think I should get? I don't mind clones as I am only 16 ($$$). I don't really have a playing style (I just play however i feel like on the moment...or I just do whatever to stay in the game really).

If possible, a list of recommended rackets with maybe their clones on the side would be nice. That way I could look into them.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to buy badminton rackets in Montreal except for Sport Expert ( It does cost quite a bit there).

Thank you very much for reading this ( must have taken some time eh?)

*Edit P.S.*
    Just in case, the 77VF is a 2UG3 16-20 lbs.

#1 Torakira, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Maybe try one of the lower-end Muscle Power series or ArmorTec series.
    I actually think that it's a better idea to get a coach if you dont have one, because having one will make you play badminton much better, while an expensive racquet cant really improve your skills at all.