Badminton Coaches in Hyderabad for the children aged 7-10

Discussion in 'India' started by esisudha, Oct 16, 2007.

1. esisudha

esisudha New Member

IT Professional
    Hi Members,

I am seriously looking for any badminton coaching centers in Hyderabad for the Children aged 7-10 years [either regular or vocational].

2. baddylover28

baddylover28 Regular Member

Vagabond
    hi Sudha,

Where are u located in hyderabad??? I can be of assistance to u in finding the closest stadium/club to ur place of residence.

I just posted a list of available stadiums/clubs in the city of greater hyderabad. JFYI.

3. satya

satya New Member

Student
    Hi

I reside in Malkajgiri, Secunderabad. Can someone help me on
    1) where I can go for regular professional badminton coaching nearby?
    2) Is Badminton an indoor game?
    3) What type of competition games we can expect for children below 10?
    4) I heard Pullela Gopichand, Indian badminton great. Where is his academy?
    5) How much any body will charge for training at professional level-rough estimate?

If someone can answer these and help me, it would be helpful for me.
    Thanks
    -Sathya

4. baddylover28

Vagabond
    hi Sathya,

First things first, who are you asking for?? Is it for elders (15yrs above), if so then there is not much coaching given by any professional coaches, as they are themselves overburdened.

The one closest to you I can think of is the RRC (Railway Recreation Grounds) in secunderabad. This is right behind the Rail Nilayam (HeadQrtrs of SCR). Another one is in the Secunderabad Club, which is very difficult to get into as only members are only allowed, but you can just give it a try if it is for kids.

Yes, its an indoor game, but it can also be played outdoors, though it would be a bit odd with winds changing the flight of the shuttle. Though I learned baddy playing outdoors. Present day I play in the indoor courts, as it improves your game and is also the best to play in the best environment with good courts. Mind you, indoor also has different surfaces/flooring of court, wooden courts being the best. There are also indoor courts with cement flooring, but they grind your knees in the long run. So make a wise decision while joining any place.

The HDBA (Hyd District Badminton Association), does conduct tournaments and selects the winners to represent the state at their age category, as in ur case 10-13yrs category. There are different categories based on the players age. For example, under 10, under 16, under 19, and Seniors. Also there are various competitions conducted by different clubs in and around hyderabad/secunderabad. So you can expect a lot of healthy competition at all levels.

P.Gopichand Academy is in Gachibowli, diagonally opposite to ISB (indian school of Business). You can also visit it if convenient for you, as it would give an insight into the world of badminton.

The AP Government has assigned SAAP (Sports Authority of AP), conducts coaching in all the stadiums (LB Stadium, KVBR Stadium, Saroornagar Stadium, Gachibowli Stadium) etc. for students below 15 yrs. for a nominal cost between Rs.500-1000/- per month. This includes the shuttles,coaching. All that a student needs to carry is his Racket and be regular. Once the student achieves a certain standard, then you will be in a position to ascertain whether to continue or take him to a professional coach, depending on your affordability. But first it would be wise to first join and then looking at the progress of the student, then decide whether to go for professional coach or not.

Feel free to ask me anything else u need to know. Would be glad to assist within my purview of knowledge.

PS: posted a list of available stadiums/clubs in the city of greater hyderabad. JFYI.

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Thank you for helping another member with such a detailed reply.
    baddylover28, you have truly lived up to your username :)

6. satya

satya New Member

Student
    Hi

Thank you very much for your quick suggestions
    and guidance. I really feel great and excited for
    having quick information like this and my hats off
    to you.
    I will enquire and find a near and suitable one for me.

Thanks for your quick suggestions and reply.
    Best Wishes
    -Satya

7. baddylover28

Vagabond
    OldHand,Satya.

Thanks for the appreciation. Would be more than happy to assist as said earlier within my purview. Would be happy to be a part of the badminton fraternity at all levels. So trying my hand thru the forum. OldHand keep up the good work.

Best wishes to the forum.

8. pumpkintc

pumpkintc New Member

student
    help me...

hiii...
    I am Doing my B.tech 1st year in IITM.
    i have 3 months(may-august) holidays this summer.
    i lack in badminton skills a lot..
    this summer i want to spend three months in a full fledged manner to improve my game..
    i'm searching for some academy or coach(in hyderabad) who would help me to achieve so..
    could someone please help me by saying the details of the available academy's r coaching institutes of my age(17) in hyderabad..
    i heard of pullella gopichand's coaching institute..
    is der any way i cud get into der???

9. baddylover28

Vagabond
    hi there,

Well I wonder ur only trying to improve ur skills.... i'm sorry to say this, but there is no coach willing to spare 3months just to improve ur skills....bcos most of the time coaches are overburdened with lot of kids to attend to and with summer coming up....there are going to be summer camps starting.....this adds up their already overburdened schedule.....

I didnt mean to discourage, but I can suggest ways of improving ur skills/game....

1. Play as much as u can.... which is the only way to improve ur game.this is nothing but practise.

2. Maybe u can also join the summer camps.....but i'm not sure how much of individual attention ur gonna get to improvise....also it depends on each individual and their penchant for the game.

3. Keep playing with better players, that will also improve ur game.

Again it depends on the amount of time ur gonna spare on a daily basis...how far u stay away from the stadium. Hey I forgot to ask, where do u stay, depending on the location of ur residence u can check out the list of stadiums/infrastructure clubs in ur locality, from my earlier postings on stadium/coaching club places/locations.

Gopichand academy will not be taking incumbents for 3-4 months schedule...or for that matter any coach. jfyi.

Good luck with ur endeavours.

10. smagal

smagal New Member

Professional
    Hi Baddylover,

I am a mom of a 10 year old who's played badminton in my school days and enjoys a good game. My son and I love playing badminton at hm, have been rallying for past 2 to 3 years(abt 2 to 3 times a week). I took him to Lal Bahadur stadium, but he is not keen on organized coaching(too restictive for him), he just wants to jump into the game :)

I am looking for indoor stadiums where i can play with him, or he can play free form games with other b'minton players for a fee. I have no club memberships, but am ok to spend 500 to 1000 Rs a month to play 3 to 4 times a week. Objective is to get some exercise for the both of us and get my son interested enough in the sport to want to go in for serious coaching later.

Any suggestions on places we can go please, within 3 to 4km radius? We live in Domalguda lower tank bund (I tried Indira park and Bangalee Samaj, but they dont seem to be functional and I could not find anyone to help me out there).

You mentioned a list of places..where can i find it?

11. smagal

smagal New Member

Professional
    Forgot to mention, we live in Domalguda and I am looking for a place within 2 to 5 Kms radius. I tried Indira park and Bengalee samitee, but could not find anyone to help us there.

12. baddylover28

Vagabond
    yes, those are closest to you. I didn't know that Indira Park has badminton court(s), do update with all the infrastructure, fees, court(hard/wooden) etc. Bengalee samiti is hard(cement) court if i remember, correct me if i'm wrong? I think LB Stadium is close to you, but it's difficult getting slots/admission in there. Maybe you should try, as there is no harm in checking out. As a last resort you can try St. Pauls High School in hyderguda, they have indoor badminton courts I believe. Keep us posted with the updates if you have any after visiting the places mentioned in this post.

cheers.

13. smagal

smagal New Member

Professional
    Hey Baddylover,
    I am a mom of a 10 year old. My son and I have been playing b'minton at home(free form, rallying) for a couple of years now. I took him to Lalbahadur stadium but he's not interested in organized coaching(too rigid for him).
    Do you know of a place where he can play on an hourly basis for a fee? I have no memberships, but am ok to spend 500 to 1000 a month for the two of us to play 3 to 4 times a week. The objective is to get excercise while we enjoy a good game, and for his interest to go up in the game so he could get into organized coaching if he wishes to at a later date.

14. baddylover28

Vagabond
    hi there,

at the onset let me apologize for the delayed response, I was little indisposed and then some outstation trips.

good to know that u care for ur child and improve his game and skills at your own level. there is only one indoor stadium available on an hourly basis in madhuranagar but its very far off from ur house and I dont think u can take out time to travel that distance as its time consuming. only way u can do that is by taking membership in either nizam club opposite to ravindra bharati/assembly building just in case u dont know the location. Nizam club being a prestigious club dunno how far u'd be successful in getting entry. Or you can try playing in St Pauls high school, if my memory goes well they are having a indoor badminton court in their school premises. please check it out.

cheers,
    sai

15. deepti

deepti New Member

student
    hi i am very much interested in playing badminton but i don't know where can i improve my skills. i had played during my school times and later i dint. i stay at dilshuknagar. i am 21 years old. are there any chances for me to improve my skills? please let me know and i am looking forward for the replies

16. baddylover28

Vagabond
    hi deepti,

good to hear about ur interest & love for the game. u can improve ur skills by playing with better players than your level/caliber. So I assume since u haven't played the game in a long while, that ur starting of at a basic level. I doubt if you would be given any coaching at this age, as the coaches are busy training their teenage pros. under 19 age, there is no harm in trying ur luck by asking the coach at the saroornagar indoor stadium, but be prepared that their answer is gonna be "NO, SORRY".

coming to ur improvising ur game skills, oh yes u can by playing regularly & sincerely. there are always forums and videos for improving ur techniques and tips for other weak areas too.

Nevertheless you can enroll for a membership at the saroornagar indoor stadium for a monthly fee (pls. inquire at the stadium), by jump starting without wasting any more time. good luck.

cheers,
    sai

17. deepti

deepti New Member

student
    thank u so much baddylover28 (sai)

18. baddylover28

Vagabond
    most welcome...glad to be of assistance to u.

19. rangarm

rangarm Regular Member

Chevron LNG Oil n Gas
    Badminton courts

hi friend,
    I am looking for a decent badminton courts may be an annual membership one [ fees is not an issue ] with good / regular playing group. recently shifted to hyderabad from mumbai regular player @ DY patil stadium, YMCA & Nerul Gymkhana having a good game. Staying at Miyapur near reddys Lab / pragati nagar, Advise please:)
    Regards,
    mahesh reddy

20. prasadvvlk

prasadvvlk New Member

private employee
    Coaching centre near and around mehdipatnam