racquet suggestion

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chrishin, Oct 16, 2007.

1. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

With my ns 5000 starting to at 1-2 o[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]clock have hairline crack with danger of breaking within weeks to months[FONT=&quot]…[/FONT]. I just want to be prepared.

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    1-2 times a week off-season, and during school during season, even if it[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]s during school 3-4 times a week and during vacation, even every day if possible. Currently trying out for Sr. high school team. Last year was sub, but school coach wants me playing mixed this year.

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)

According to school coach: good placement and okay power. Very accommodating, able to keep temper, thinks clearly.

Club coach: okay defence, pretty okay footwork and okay shots. Torque more to get more power[FONT=&quot]…[/FONT]

Coach made me do drives for the majority of summer so I drive a lot, both backhand and forehand.

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    Durability doesn[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]t matter that much since clash has been quite rare for me and haven[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]t broken that many racquets.

4. How much money do you want to spend?
    If bought in Canadian store locally I[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]d say around 200 cdn. If through online elsewhere or used certainly cheaper.

Racquets I[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]ve tried/ owned long enough to remember: (in order of usage)

Carlton Aerogear 900: Mid flex. Decent power and control. Does not excel in anything, but heck I got 2 for 50 bucks. Extremely good for price, but 1 of them are dead. (well I made it to team with this racquet last year)

MP 66: very flexible okay power and control. Easy to use and good for my arm. And good defense. Probably my favorite, but gone because of warranty, and not sold in Canada.

*note: ns 5k should be here but after using cab for a while I went back to it.

Blackknight photon: flexible lightweight and good and powerful. But way too expensive. My coach got sponsorship so let me try it for a bit.

Cab 30: stiff. Good power and control. Slower on defense, therefore I[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]ve gone back to ns5k. I can sacrifice power but not my defense.

Ns 5k: My current racquet. mid flex [FONT=&quot]–[/FONT] flexible. Okay power, control and good defence. I like it except lack of power, which has somewhat been compensated with better techniques from lessons.

* it seems like I[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]m looking for something that provides more power without sacrificing my defence.

TI-10 calls me dearly, but it would cost me a limb to get one and my dear defence would be compromised.

All the racquets I have tried are either headlight or even weight.

Yonex or sotx is okay but note that I cannot try most of racquets out.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Is it still in warranty? Take it back to the shop and ask. You might get lucky and the owner might send it back for you.

3. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

my 6 months is over

4. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

do you think it's probably better for me to stick to nanospeeds if i continue to use yonex?

5. silentheart

removed for double post.

6. silentheart

May be NS7700 is an option. Or AT500. If you don't mind waiting, ArcSaber7 might be a even better fit.

7. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

perhaps AT 500 should be okay. someone much better then me is using it and he's fine with it.

ArcSaber7... we'll see about the price. it would be nice if it's around at 500 price in canada... but i doubt it.

8. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

how's new ti 10's? they're not that expensive and heard it's quite good.

9. BadJY

BadJY Regular Member

Student
    New Ti-10 is headlight with quite a stiff shaft.
    Not exactly made for everybody. From NS5000 to Ti10 would be quite a big change.

10. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

how does ns 7k sound?

11. Legendarydoug

Legendarydoug Regular Member

slave
    hm... ns 7k is a little head light for a driver like you. since you're planning on mixed, assuming you're a guy, you need more of power which means more head heavy. try 7700 version. it even has a vibration filter cap for ya and its only a few bucks more. or you could try the NC TUFF 9. which is basically a nanospeed only the name looks weird. half the price of the generic nanospeed.

#11 Legendarydoug, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  12. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

new found love for cab 30 considering now i move more, and do around the head shot instead of doing backhand shots. but it's in my brother's possession =P

therefore i've ordered an ti 10 with bg 85 which cost around 2/3 of ns 7k and ns 77.

not expecting much power increase for a while but i'll be happy.

(and ns 5k's still holding )

13. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

should i use black, white, or red supergrap? it's for new ti 10. and my ti 10's been held by the customs for nearly 1.5 weeks now

14. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Probably doesn't matter which colour...

15. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

All the colours other than black starts to look 'dirty' after playing with it for a few hours. :eek:

16. yetack17

yetack17 Regular Member

any recommendation for racket below RM300.............in malaysia?