NS9000S Vs AT900P

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by FrankoGoCyber, Oct 17, 2007.

1. FrankoGoCyber

FrankoGoCyber Regular Member

CFIA Inspector
    Hi all,

I am going to buy a new racquet to replace my Victor Powerwave 11. Would you recommend YY NS9KS or AT900P? Is NS9KS really bad for smashing and is AT900P not very good for defense. I have asked many friends and so far 50% of them recommend one racquet and the other 50% recommend the other.

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    if budget is not the issue....
    pls take both.....:D

3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    opss.... by the way
    welcome to BC/BF............:)
    any idea which type of player are you? defensive/offensive? skill?
    N9kS and At900P, why not go to the middle of both? At900T maybe?

4. FrankoGoCyber

CFIA Inspector
    Well, AT900T, as I was told, was really bad for smashing unless u use high quality strings and high tension. I am a defensive player who is working to improve my offense.

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    unsure what do you mean by high quality/high tension string:rolleyes:
    racket or equipment will not make you a good offensive or defensive player. the racket will just enhance(minor) your techniques. TH can do a very very power smash with At900T...:D unless you bring a sledgehammer to court and smash that shuttle....:eek:

6. FrankoGoCyber

CFIA Inspector
    I mean any string that are better than BG65 with at least 25lb tension. And my smash is already bad.. so I am hoping that i could find a racquet that could enhance my smash and at the same time not weakening my defence

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    If your smash is bad, you should focus on training rather than wasting money on a racket!! No racket will help a bad smash!!

/Twobeer

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Just demo it. There are stores in Vancouver, BC you can demo racquets with small cost. Just like twobeer said, keep the same racquet and get more training.

9. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    aikes, i thought that you are going to recommend the more expensive of the 2.....:D

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Heart is silent, not stone cold yet. Nor has it turn black. May be tomorrow.

11. badder

badder Regular Member

I have both NS9KS and AT900T. I like both. If you choose one, then perhaps AT900T is better. They are both fast, and AT900T will give you a little more power. Not sure about AT900P, but I heard a lot saying AT900T feels more head heavier than AT900P even though Yonex said AT900P is more head heavier.

12. le.david

le.david Regular Member

GUYS!!! You are being of no help to FrankGoCyber! Jeez just stick with the topic! Anyway, FGC umm if you are working on your power than its best to stick with the NS9000S because AT900-P is for players who already have lots of power to harness and be able to bend its extra-stiff shaft. I use NS9k and loving it ^__^. Hope this helps.

13. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    yes, i think S is already very good for smash

14. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I tried a friend's NS9000S, and it was amazing; great feel, manuverable, and great power. Very well rounded. AT900P may be more specialized overall though.

15. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    S more user friendly, specially for smash and his manouverability is awesome too, many pro use S much than X.
    For P u must adapt your swing speed and power, so it's more demanding than S, IMO...

16. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    I like the feel of smashing with AT-900P. It definitely feels rewarding when you get a strong swing with that racket.

17. Canuck19_14

Canuck19_14 Regular Member

Student
    I do not own a AT900P or T but I've heard AT900T has less power then the P but it still has decent smash power. T has more control than P and the manuverbility is better also. So if your looking for a racket that has good defence and a decent smash power IMO I think you should go for a AT900T. I might think of getting a AT900T myself too. ;)
    [I have no info on the NS9000S, have not tried or really made a effort to research on it]

18. MSN04

MSN04 Regular Member

Engineer
    hmm.... I can smash with the AT900P... but I have problem with the 9000S... so I seldom use the 9000X/S now...

So yeah... try both before u buy (if possible)

19. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I use to have a 9000S but I didn't like it to much. The racket is great and it does give you good power. The Even balance makes it better for defense and quick drives. But for me, it's a bit to head light.

900P is a very good racket. It's stiffer then the 9000S and more head heavy. The 900T is a very good racket as well but because it's painted in white, this makes the racket a few grams heavier then the 900P. I have both and this is what i think. With the 900P I feel that I produce a good smash. I feel that the head is a bit lighter then the 900T so it also makes it easier for defense. With the 900T, I feel that I can replicate the strong smash more often then 900P, but just not as powerful.

20. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Not so

I have to disagree with you Bad_fanatic. Perhaps it is my technique and strength but I find the NS9000S heavier and produce more power. I'm currently using an AT900P and find it lighter. This AT900P gives me good drives and defense. To hit a very good smash, one must hit the very tiny sweet spot.
    Another thing I found is that the NS9000S and X are more forgiving. Slight mis hit is not as apparent as the AT900P.

NS9000 = Good smashing power, good backhand smashes, easy to clear to the back court, and more forgiving.

AT900P = Lighter, easier to drives, quick defense, but tiny sweet spot and not as forgiving.