Yonex Ti series racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Alan, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Alan

Alan Guest

Could anyone tell me if the Yonex Ti racquets are going to be retired? I have only heard rumors, and I don't know if those rumors are fake, or true. Please reply to this topic. Please and Thank you.

2. Will

Will Regular Member

Hobo
    From what I heard t-10, Ti-8 will not be made again so better stock up on those ones. The rest of the Ti series, 5,7,3 are still around and a new series will be here soon, the ti, 3,5,7 light series. Similar to the Ti5 light. Hope that answers your question.

3. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    what?! they're retiring the best ones?!

4. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    well... i dunno about the Ti-8... but the Ti-10 is being replaced by the MP100... but then again the MP 100 is being replaced by the MP 90 already :p

5. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day all,

From my discussion with local distributor, Ti series rackets will be phased out in next 2 years and replaced with Muscle Power range. Also all Isometric series are scheduled to be phased out by end of this year, when stock runs out.

The Isometric Ti SP range will be the last of the range to be phased out in around same time as the rest of Ti range.

Note: as we are usually last to get anything here in Australia I am not sure how accurate the information is - maybe someone form overseas can verify this, so I can start to stock up on these rackets!

6. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    i'm not a particular fan of the isos, i guess it makes sense since the muscle powers have the same special features... and in some cases, more special features..

7. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    You are right Nanashi, MP series (and most of higher end of Ti series) have isometric head features in them anyway, so it is not surprising that they are being replaced.

Does anyone know if Carbonex series is going to stay or go? I know there are new Carbonex Muscle Power range coming now but who knows what Yonex might do next...:confused: