Racket Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chickenpoxeww, Oct 17, 2007.

1. chickenpoxeww

chickenpoxeww Regular Member

New user here at BC, I'm about to get a new racket and I want to know which racket would best fit my playing styles.

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?

I play 5-6 times a week for 3-4 hour sessions each day. I am a D level player and have only been playing for about 1 and a half years. I'm currently part of a team at a gym and my current racket is starting to break.

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)

I am more of a slow player, I do a lot of clears and slice drops, and some deceptive net shots I guess. Slice dropping is what I normally do, but I do a lot of attacking clears and occasionally do some smashes as well.

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?

I care equally about durability and performance, that is, I want the racket to last long and not break, but also be worth the money that I'm spending for it.

4. How much money do you want to spend?

As much as needed, as long as the racket is worth it.

I am currently using a Victor Power Waves 12. I like it a lot, but I want to try something new. Thanks for everyone that helps!

2. JackMa

JackMa Regular Member

Student
    Hey.
    I'd recommend the AT 900 T or Carb 30 Muscle but I'm not sure.

3. badder

badder Regular Member

You already have a very good racquet. Victor Power Wave 12 should be good enough. I have both NS9KS and AT900T, and I would recommend AT900T if you can not have both.

And I may buy Victor Power Wave 12 myself to use it as a backup. I saw it on sale.

4. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    I think if you have been using Victor, you may want to stick with the brand. Or like JackMa says, Yonex AT900T would also be a nice one. If you are willing to spend, just get the Yonex top models, they are all worth it if you can afford it.

I wouldn't be too worry about durability vs performance. Modern rackets are as durable as diamond unless you crack them by clash or over-strung them. My 15 year-old racket is still performing very well if I decide to play it. I guess those green people would be more concerned as carbon fibres are
    extremely stable and will not degrade until the end of time.

5. chickenpoxeww

Thanks guys. I actually do like the Power Waves 12, except there's a crack in it, so I don't want to continue using it. I think I'll try the AT 900 Technique. Is around 150 USD a good price to buy it for?

6. badder

badder Regular Member

Where can you get AT900T for $150? I got mine for $180 when it's on sale.

7. chickenpoxeww

Uh... I live in California, but my Dad's coworkers were in China for a business trip, and they went to a badminton shop there where the price was 180, and bargained until it was 150 and 4 BG-80 strings.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Make sure they purchase from reputable shops, as the fake is much more serious in Asian market than in the US. :eek:

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I would echo what LB said. That deal is below the dealer's cost even in China.

10. chickenpoxeww

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

You hope. If it is from BBE, then you are OK. However, their price is usually 1 price for members only. They usually string the racquet with BG65 for free for members. When they give away 4 sets of BG80s, the is very fishy to me.

12. chickenpoxeww

Oh. Well, I hope it's not fake. >.<

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    find a racket which fits ur style most.Expensive n popular rackets wont do u any good if it doesnt suits u.Myself,found that my bonny racket suits me best than my other more expensive racket or cheaper racket,since it suits me.Too bad it's broken.So,my point is..look out for who's ur soulmate is..