Ashway tp 990

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by devendragupta00, Oct 17, 2007.

1. devendragupta00

devendragupta00 Regular Member

student
    i was searching about this and i din find enough info. in the forum...from wat i have heard that an ashway 990 is a substitute of MP-99 or it is comparable to it...considering the low cost u gotta play..i already have an Yonex NC tuff 9 which though has a good strokes but feels heavy...so i would like to go for another racquet...i also read somewhere in the forum that other manufacturers mid range racquets are better than yonex..i have only used yonex til date..my previous racquets where cab-7000,MP-25,MP-28. and i am a intermediate player who relies on smashes and control (on the offensive side)..i have victor,ashway & yonex aavailable here..so plz suggestions invited...thanks

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

the ashaway titanium power 990 is similar to mp99. it is also even balanced and has identical head heaviness. it is a clone of the mp99 after all.
    i suggest getting a titanium power 990 first before getting a mp99. depending how much you like it, you can then move on to the mp99 if you wish. are you looking to buy one?

3. devendragupta00

student
    ya i am planning to buy 1...new 1s available in store here for 55 USD....
    u got ny deal??

4. devendragupta00

student
    hey the racquet i mean ASHAWAY TP 990 is just awesome...i say its a lot better than nc tuff 9...in the sense of weight, balance & power...i finally got it...

5. JLneonhug

JLneonhug Regular Member

I've had the MP99 for 5yrs before it broke, I recommended a friend to get the TP990 just before the incident and it was very very similar feel. The only minor difference you'll notice is that TP990 is slightly slightly lighter so you can feel the shuttle very very slightly more when doing controlled shots. I recommend TP990 all the way.

On a side note, my friends TP990 broke at the top of the racquet (a year on?) but he is a very agressive player and had his strings at 24-25lbs and none stop smashing. He also said that it broke because of bad stringer which made his racquet into near collapse anyway.