Buying in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Byro-Nenium, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Places in Thailand, Phuket, Bangkok

Just wanted to know if there are any good places to buy badminton stuff in Phuket or Bangkok. Or any streets where there are black markets?

thanx

2. Re: Places in Thailand, Phuket, Bangkok

I've just got back from Thailand last night. I bought 2 MP100's packages that came with Yonex socks, T-shirt and MP100 strung with BG-85 for about $87 a package from Yonex showroom in World Trade Center.

3. pa player

pa player Guest

Re: Places in Thailand, Phuket, Bangkok

any idea how much does a Ti-7 cost @ the yonex showroom in WTC?

4. Ake

Ake Guest

3000++ baht.

5. pa player

pa player Guest

thanks Ake....now i'll wait till december to buy the Ti-7 when i go back to bkk for christmas...

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

hey senior citizen, r u from the usa or canada?

7. Ake

Ake Guest

Tell me when you come. If I have time, there will be a better place to buy. Just 2,000 m. from WTC.
    However, I'm not happy with my Ti7, now looking for MP77 or MP100.
    Did you try Ti7 already?

8. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    i'm headed to Bangkok by the looks of it instead of Phuket coz of that disease thing in Phuket. So i was wondering, anyone in Thailand got any good places where i can find cheap genuine Yonex stuff? or any sorts of genuine badminton stuff? Or black markets prehaps?

thanx

9. Scooby

Scooby Guest

The only place I go to in Bangkok is the Yonex shop @ World Trade Center. Most expensive racquet (MP100) there costs less than S$160, inclusive of a shirt, socks and strings.

Racquets there are 3U though, so maybe you can pickup a MP100 3U version ? I bought a 3U Ti-10 from there.

You can also visit the department store in World Trade Center, there is Zen, which sells Carlton quite cheaply, about S$95 for a AB900 (exclusive of string). I even saw the Wilson Hyper Carbon there !

My previous trip there, was very tempted to get the AB900m but end up getting the Ti-10, anyway, my fren just got a AB900, so will borrow and test it out to see if it is really as good as claimed.

Happy shopping !

10. Quan

Quan Regular Member

BP(Badminton Player)
    What currency is that in?

11. modious

modious Regular Member

Hey Byron, when are u going there?
    Maybe Blitz is interested in the 3U MP 100!

12. mustafa

mustafa Guest

13. Scooby

Scooby Guest

S$ = Singapore dollars.

Only disadvantage is that the lady at the shop will not string for you higher than the recommended tension.

The shop has a electronic scale which you can weigh the racquet.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    at least she's honest about it.
    scooby, can you get address, and/or phone number and/or fax number of this yonex shop at the trade center? i will check if they do mail order

15. king

king Guest

hi byro-nenium,
    i know of some places that are quite inexpensive cos i live in thailand. there are SUPER SPORTS sections in the Central department stores that has almost all the sport products including a large selection of badminton products. two monts earlier i was there and i saw the tag of Ti-10 costing about 4000 baht and the MP100 was samething like 4800 baht ( i do not confirm ) but if you tell them that you are a student or show them somekind of student identity you can get a discount of 15%. another place is behind the MBK (MA- boon -KHRONG ) centernest to the main stadium you can to tell the tuk tuk to take you to this place. it is an area that you wil have to explore but just a bit. i bought my Ti-10 here for 3260 baht including bg65ti and a cover. i hope i am not too late. yes but i find the prices at the zen world trade a little expensive.

16. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Not sure yet..... 6th i think... i'll talk to him on sat if i see him

17. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Thanks King! But i think i can get those rackets cheaper here in Singapore by a little bit.

Btw, the rackets sold in Thailand, what version are they? like Ti-10 SP? or ??

18. Scooby

Scooby Guest

Re: Buying in Bangkok (To cooler)

Oops ! I juz threw the receipt away ! If I managed to get something, I will post it here.

19. Scooby

Scooby Guest

The serial number ends with TH. How could you tell if a Ti-10 is a SP version ? Coz mine bought there does not have SP

According to the price given by King, I think WTC is cheaper than Central Super sports, as my Ti-10 is I think 3870 baht, but the place behind MBK is definitely cheap !

20. king

king Guest

thanks scooby.. for the SP thing. the serial in thailand always ends with TH. when are you going there byro. i can find out exactly how the racket costs are if you want but this might take sometime.