help! i need advice

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by xuguochuan, Oct 18, 2007.

1. xuguochuan

xuguochuan Regular Member

is it normal for by-pass string to rest/position tighting on the SIDE of the grommets, instead of resting on top of grommets?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

It is not the best practice, however, it does not hut your racquet either. It was stringer forgot to more it back after the string job is done. Just move it back if you can. If not, just let the stringer know next time.

3. xuguochuan

Thankyou,...it is good to know that it will not hurt my racket. But i am quite surpise to know that, stringer actually move the strings back ATFER strings job is done and not before.? Technically speaking, any movement of strings after strings job ,will it affect the tension?

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Some stringer move the already tensioned string and let it sit on the side of the grommet. This way, it will not block the grommet when string the crosses. It will not effect the tension because it just make the tension higher just a little. Some move it back during string job and some move it after string job. If you can move it back with your finger nail, do so. If not, leave it alone.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I always let the string lie in its final position on the frame, but I do notice that there's a tiny bit more awl use required this way (I never pre-string nowadays - I much prefer weaving through tight mains:D).

I wouldn't give it a second thought if I were you - as soon as the string flips into its seated position on the frame it'll be good to go (and might gain some tension as well). If the stringer consistently leaves it offset, though, I would raise the issue with him/her (politely:eek:).

6. xuguochuan

thanks, as long as it doesnt hurt my racket is ok. i am quite sure most who own racket had such experience before. but anyway i am going to change strings to yonex BG65 24 lbs..heard that this BG65 loses tension quickly, about 2 lbs.